CLINTON @ POWELL

92Dragon

Clinton suffered a whopping by its neighbor across the river. Can the young Dragons regroup and come up with a very important region win? 

Powell is much improved, and love to throw the ball around. I believe this week's game should be more competitive. But I'll have to wait and see how we respond after the loss to AC.

Any thoughts?

Edited by 92Dragon

Last night only went a little worse than I expected for the Dragons.

Powell's first home game and Clinton's first away game. I think Clinton's defense will bounce back but I dunno how they'll fair against Powell. Just guessing that the Panther offense is not as good as the Maverick offense though. On offense... Open up the playbook!!

I'm looking forward to a pregame meal of Cook Out though.

16 minutes ago, dkota44 said:

Last night only went a little worse than I expected for the Dragons.

Powell's first home game and Clinton's first away game. I think Clinton's defense will bounce back but I dunno how they'll fair against Powell. Just guessing that the Panther offense is not as good as the Maverick offense though. On offense... Open up the playbook!!

I'm looking forward to a pregame meal of Cook Out though.

Until our passing game becomes a threat, it's gonna be hard to beat the good teams on our schedule.

We were exposed last night, that's for sure. But it isn't anything that can't be fixed. These young men need to keep their heads up. This coaching staff isn't going to quit on them and I don't expect the players to quit on the coaching staff.

This week's game should be much more competitive. Plus, it's a region game. 

5 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I think this will be a really good, competitive game. I could see a 31-21 win in Powell's favor type game, but it wouldn't shock me if the Dragon's pulled it out. Best of luck to both teams and an injury free game!

I believe this will be a competitive game as well. I feel ok about our rushing offense,  but our passing game isn't good enough yet to keep teams defense honest. 

Just like Booger said last night about Auburn's quarterback..."if the qb isn't comfortable, hes not going to play well".  And our qb doesn't look comfortable back there passing.

Hopefully, we're working on some things during practice to fix that problem. Should be an interesting game. We'll just have to wait and see.

I think Clinton can pull out the win, but we are going to have to play with more intensity and not get down on ourselves if something goes bad. I'm picking Clinton in a close one ......

Clinton 21 Powell 20

12 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

Winner of this game makes the playoffs!

Fulton

OR

Powell/Clinton

CC

Powell has improved tremendously, but I still think West is the 4th team in. Even if they beat Clinton, I just don't think the Panthers have enough to take down CC, OR, or West.

The Panthers looked uneven against Karns, but once again kudos to the Powell defense. The Beavers had a short field throughout the game, and yet the Panthers were able to hold Karns to just 12 points (plus a garbage time TD).

Powell has back-to-back measuring stick games in Clinton and Lenoir City (LC is having a surprise season as well). I think I speak for most Panther fans when I say that this season will be worth celebrating, even if it means finishing 5th in the district. This team has already proven most folks wrong (including myself)!

26 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Powell has improved tremendously, but I still think West is the 4th team in. Even if they beat Clinton, I just don't think the Panthers have enough to take down CC, OR, or West.

The Panthers looked uneven against Karns, but once again kudos to the Powell defense. The Beavers had a short field throughout the game, and yet the Panthers were able to hold Karns to just 12 points (plus a garbage time TD).

Powell has back-to-back measuring stick games in Clinton and Lenoir City (LC is having a surprise season as well). I think I speak for most Panther fans when I say that this season will be worth celebrating, even if it means finishing 5th in the district. This team has already proven most folks wrong (including myself)!

Powell is definitely heading in the right direction. Sooner than I thought they would too. 

Sounds like the defense is the strength of their team early in the season. What does Powell look like on offense? I've heard that they like to throw a lot and that doesn't surprise me considering who their head coach is! ;)

Should be a much better competitive game then what happened Friday night. Powell isn't as good as AC but is better than Seymour or Scott. I see Powell's passing offense causing Clinton problems which based on the stats I saw with AC made for a long night for Clinton. I saw in the paper that one of their receivers had 5 catches for 181 yards. Their QB had 18 passes for around 360 yds. 

I expect Powell to mimic some of the pass plays AC did.

Powell 28
Clinton 14

If Powell turns the ball over 2x or more

Clinton 28
Powell 21

10 minutes ago, haweanbula said:

Should be a much better competitive game then what happened Friday night. Powell isn't as good as AC but is better than Seymour or Scott. I see Powell's passing offense causing Clinton problems which based on the stats I saw with AC made for a long night for Clinton. I saw in the paper that one of their receivers had 5 catches for 181 yards. Their QB had 18 passes for around 360 yds. 

I expect Powell to mimic some of the pass plays AC did.

Powell 28
Clinton 14

If Powell turns the ball over 2x or more

Clinton 28
Powell 21

Clinton has forced 13 turnovers in 3 games. 

Unless we can get some kind of passing attack going, it will be hard for us to beat Powell in my opinion.