4. Ensworth 6-2 120 5
5. MBA 7-1 105 2
6. Notre Dame 6-1 81 6
7. Briarcrest 6-1 69 8
8. CPA 6-2 49 9
9. McCallie 5-3 36 7
10. MUS 4-3 26 10

5 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

Sonny Moore is a joke. How is Webb behind Grace after beating them by 21 points? 104th best team in the state? What a joke. 

I have no clue how this poll is contrived, but Sparty, I've been sitting here reading all of this good back-n-forth thinking exactly what you just said. I love our boys, but there is NO WAY we should be ranked above Webb until we beat Webb. And, same goes with Iced Tea.....Booger is right....given their big win out of region, AND they return so many from a gold ball performance last year, they're the team to beat until somebody beats them. No disrespect to CPA, who obviously has a GREAT team as well, based on all opinions on here that know more than me.

Pride is right....makes for good conversation though. Sure a better one than hypothetical pancakes and singling out kids (quit it!) when we're all talking about the ultimate TEAM GAME! Speaking of pancakes......gotta go! :) 

7 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

Sonny Moore is a joke. How is Webb behind Grace after beating them by 21 points? 104th best team in the state? What a joke. 

Webb dropped from 91 to 104.

Sonny Moore doesn't know that Webb was beating Boyd 40-0 at the half and only played the 2nd string in the 2nd half, thus winning the game 40-13.

You don't get rewarded in this poll for having class.

watched the movie......Haslams Pilot Petro School of Knoxville had starters in the secon half....not to say those individuals insifde the fence dont have class

the Irish didnt sub alot of theirs til halfway of the 3rd and prior to the 4th.......where does that leave the Irish on the class meter

...its obvious olddad and Sparty dont like Sonny's Pole

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

2 hours ago, Booger said:

watched the movie......Haslams Pilot Petro School of Knoxville had starters in the secon half....not to say those individuals insifde the fence dont have class

the Irish didnt sub alot of theirs til halfway of the 3rd and prior to the 4th.......where does that leave the Irish on the class meter

...its obvious olddad and Sparty dont like Sonny's Pole

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Oh please forgive me for not mentioning the great Notre Dame in one of my posts ... get real!

We can all tell how classy ND is by reading your posts.

I know everybody thinks you "nose" everything, but this time, you're wrong bub. Play #92 in the film starts the 2nd half and Webb had 2nd's in at every position (I'm not counting special teams).

And I couldn't care less about Sonny's "Pole".

12 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

Seems like his algorithm likes that they have more wins. Explains why Lausanne is lower also. 

The Mx preps computers have Webb at 55 and Grace at 82.  Basically the same order as my thoughts but with BGA higher. Again since they have 7 wins they must look good to the computers. 

2 hours ago, OLDad said:

We can all tell how classy ND is by reading your posts.

I know everybody thinks you "nose" everything, but this time, you're wrong bub. Play #92 in the film starts the 2nd half and Webb had 2nd's in at every position (I'm not counting special teams).

And I couldn't care less about Sonny's "Pole".

this site nor Booger r officially sanction by the Notre Dame or the Roman Catholic Diaconate...

......and so olddad is  a true bonified class sample for St Elmo Christian.......so Booger did get Olddad to go back for a 2nd half player count

...thinkin you do care bout Sonnys pole cause its famous

hey jack.....Booger nose when a treble hooks ben  set

Booger just sayin animfishman1.gif

Edited by Booger

We defiantly pulled the starters out the entire second half. Meske cares nothing about final scores he just wants to win. Once the win is guaranteed he will take everyone out. Even so with Sonny Rankings, Grace beat Boyd 42-3 and then the next week Webb beat Grace by three scores. It's pretty obvious, at least to me that Webb could have named the scored against Boyd. could have been 60 to nothing if we didn't have any class. But I guess you guys are right you don't get rewarded for class. Lausannae, CPA, ND, Webb, and Grace are all top 50 teams in my opinion.  You will likely see us beat Silverdale by a similar score as the Boyd game because Meske may pull out the starters after the 1st quarter. Who knows. 

38 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

We defiantly pulled the starters out the entire second half. Meske cares nothing about final scores he just wants to win. Once the win is guaranteed he will take everyone out. Even so with Sonny Rankings, Grace beat Boyd 42-3 and then the next week Webb beat Grace by three scores. It's pretty obvious, at least to me that Webb could have named the scored against Boyd. could have been 60 to nothing if we didn't have any class. But I guess you guys are right you don't get rewarded for class. Lausannae, CPA, ND, Webb, and Grace are all top 50 teams in my opinion.  You will likely see us beat Silverdale by a similar score as the Boyd game because Meske may pull out the starters after the 1st quarter. Who knows. 

There is winning with class(pulling starters at end of the 1st quarter on a bad team), and then there is playing smartly with class(leaving in starters until halftime or middle of 3rd quarter). At this time of the year, teams have either 2 or 3 games left for regular season. With a bad team, I personally would play smartly with class, leaving in my starters until half or middle of 3rd quarter. I wouldn't want to enter playoffs with starters who have only received 5-6 quarters of play in the last 3 games. If starters are pulled real early in games, then yes they will be rested and healthy, but at what expense to the team come week 1 of the playoffs. I don't fault teams who leave in starters a little late on bad teams this late in the year, as long as it's done tastefully and it's preparing team for the playoffs. I'd much rather see that then send in second string in the 2nd quarter and have a team come back too close for comfort and have to see starters come back late 3rd/4th quarter to mop up. Just my opinion.

10 minutes ago, RamTough41 said:

There is winning with class(pulling starters at end of the 1st quarter on a bad team), and then there is playing smartly with class(leaving in starters until halftime or middle of 3rd quarter). At this time of the year, teams have either 2 or 3 games left for regular season. With a bad team, I personally would play smartly with class, leaving in my starters until half or middle of 3rd quarter. I wouldn't want to enter playoffs with starters who have only received 5-6 quarters of play in the last 3 games. If starters are pulled real early in games, then yes they will be rested and healthy, but at what expense to the team come week 1 of the playoffs. I don't fault teams who leave in starters a little late on bad teams this late in the year, as long as it's done tastefully and it's preparing team for the playoffs. I'd much rather see that then send in second string in the 2nd quarter and have a team come back too close for comfort and have to see starters come back late 3rd/4th quarter to mop up. Just my opinion.

I personally like pulling starters out mid to late 3rd. I would have put up another TD in the second half before putting in offensive backups and then pulled the defensive starters by the end of the 3rd. Lets the young guys play the running clock fourth. Of course when Boyd scored early in the 3rd against the second string that left an entire second half of JV action for Webb without a running clock. Tough to watch at times for sure. 

1 hour ago, Spartan4Life said:

I personally like pulling starters out mid to late 3rd. I would have put up another TD in the second half before putting in offensive backups and then pulled the defensive starters by the end of the 3rd. Lets the young guys play the running clock fourth. Of course when Boyd scored early in the 3rd against the second string that left an entire second half of JV action for Webb without a running clock. Tough to watch at times for sure. 

I think its a double-edged sword. Greenback benefited from playing a tough 4 qtr game with us when it came down to crunch-time v Coalfield that had played an easy schedule and rested their starters. GB came back and whipped their line, most likely because they were better prepared for a 4 qtr battle. It didn't hurt they started giving #6 the rock AND CF #21 was seriously hobbled. The real point is, the lines told the story of a 4 qtr battle.....CF was dominant the first half and GB returned the favor in the second half.

So, I hope we have competitive games from here on out for FOUR qtrs. Our guys need to stay sharp and conditioned for battle come playoff time. The youngsters will have their day.....just not right now.