LEWIS COUNTY GOES TO SUMMERTOWN

pantherpride17

5 hours ago, Shane5020 said:

Summertown may be down from last year, but they don't give up. Keep fighting Eagles.

Something I noticed about Stown this year is that they come out the first couple of series on offense and drive the ball right down the field and then stall out without scoring. After that it seems they go away from the plays that were working or give the defense time to adjust. I think if they could punch in a couple of those early drives they would play the rest of the game with a lot more confidence instead of getting frustrated and giving up. That keep fighting that your talking about usually comes after the other team starts pulling starters. Not trying to disrespect, just my opinion on what I've seen and read. Good luck to y'all this week

On 9/12/2017 at 7:55 PM, wildcat89 said:

Something I noticed about Stown this year is that they come out the first couple of series on offense and drive the ball right down the field and then stall out without scoring. After that it seems they go away from the plays that were working or give the defense time to adjust. I think if they could punch in a couple of those early drives they would play the rest of the game with a lot more confidence instead of getting frustrated and giving up. That keep fighting that your talking about usually comes after the other team starts pulling starters. Not trying to disrespect, just my opinion on what I've seen and read. Good luck to y'all this week

No disrespect taken. Our D is on the field to long. This is a new offensive scheme and still working to get it right. Our boys have fought though injuries and youth. That is the fight I am talking about. Hope we can right the ship soon and slip up on someone. 

2 hours ago, TheStuff said:

I agree. Summertown has been shut out by their previous 2 region opponents. Not sure when they scored against Wayne County, but the have gone at least 8 quarters without a point.

WC was up 31-0 with five minutes left in the fourth, all starters had been out since start of third qtr when Stown scored