Morristown East @ Tennessee

Norseman

It appears neither of these teams are off to a hot start. East is 1-3 and was predicted to compete for the conference title. Tennessee High is 2-2 and hasn't won against a Tennessee team in a year, but has matched the win total from last season. It's fairly obvious Boone wins the conference. Hopefully this will be a fun game to watch as it could decide who is runner up in the conference. Safe travels to Mo East.

3 hours ago, Norseman said:

It appears neither of these teams are off to a hot start. East is 1-3 and was predicted to compete for the conference title. Tennessee High is 2-2 and hasn't won against a Tennessee team in a year, but has matched the win total from last season. It's fairly obvious Boone wins the conference. Hopefully this will be a fun game to watch as it could decide who is runner up in the conference. Safe travels to Mo East.

Not so fast.....

1)    Boone has not been > .500 since 2012
2)    Don't forget about Cocke County (3-0)
3)    Don't forget about Crockett (2-2), Crockett should be 4-0 right now, their 2 losses are by a total of 3 points.

12 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Not so fast.....

3)    Don't forget about Crockett (2-2), Crockett should be 4-0 right now, their 2 losses are by a total of 3 points.

If the Cole kid stays healthy, Boone is tough and from the beat down they put on my Vikings they should be ok. Haven't seen much on these other two. Could definitely make things interesting for sure.

1 hour ago, Compton said:

Norseman I'm a Bearcat all day, every day, of course I'm against the vikings, but I'm also fair. With 6 or 5 minutes left in the 4th and Va high qb rollout to his right for the pass and the Tn high lineman tip it up and the linebacker clearly intercepts the ball in mid air then fell to the ground, but the refs called it incomplete. Even the Bearcat fans said it was a clean interception, i was right on it, seen it clear as day. Final score should have been 41-20. 1 of the officials attended va high when i did, and I'm sure there was intentionally a few blown calls. This turned my stomach and turn me against high school ball, this isn't just happening at va high, i bet at every high school game there's home cooking. But, i witness first hand that high school ball isn't authentic with these bias refs.

That was definitely a very questionable call and unfortunately these things happen too often now. Not enough integrity in my opinion. I will say VA High impressed me by not quitting.

21 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Not so fast.....

I'm with you.  Things aren't all played out quite yet.  If I remember, Boone took it to the conference champions last year Mo West and kept it a very tight game, then turned around and got beat by 4 or 5 TD's by Mo East.

Boone SHOULD be the team the beat, but there are three other teams hovering about up there.  Heck, TN High could end up spoiling things for other teams if it wakes up a bit.

5A is a great conference to watch this year.  Weeks 7-10 could all be big weeks.

3 hours ago, formerblazer said:

I'm with you.  Things aren't all played out quite yet.  If I remember, Boone took it to the conference champions last year Mo West and kept it a very tight game, then turned around and got beat by 4 or 5 TD's by Mo East.

Boone SHOULD be the team the beat, but there are three other teams hovering about up there.  Heck, TN High could end up spoiling things for other teams if it wakes up a bit.

5A is a great conference to watch this year.  Weeks 7-10 could all be big weeks.

Definitely enough talent at THS, just need it to click. Much different team than last year! I definitely agree it's gonna be wild and fun to watch.