Greenback at GCA!!!

orngnblk

2 minutes ago, RamTough41 said:

Your team had 15, not 35 penalties. You had 2 fumbles and threw 1 interception. When your penalty factor is off by a margin of 20, you lose all credibility PERIOD. So let's get this straight, all I hear is the helmet play not being a penalty. Let's say it was called. 15 yards on a PAT. It occurred after the 2nd TD, didn't affect score in any fashion. A PAT that GCA missed anyway. No factor. 

Grow up, you are teaching your kids if you don't get the outcome you want, then completely blame 2 other entities 

Grow up? really - stick with facts and don't get personal -  it is a win for GRACE - no matter how you got it!

53 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm actually a fan of both GCA and Greenback and would have loved to seen this game live but I went to the Maryville -Fulton game and did everything in my power to keep from hearing the score because I wanted to come home right after and watch the replay on DiamondClearMedia which I did. There was one big mouth that yelled 13-7 but I never knew if it was a final or what but I did watch this game replay. Unbelievable amount of calls by the refs this evening for sure. I hate stuff like that because it slows a game down to a crawl. The honest truth is you could just about make a call on every play if you wanted to no matter what game it is. Most of those officials were older and would not have ever attended GCA since it's a newer school. The TSSAA tells the officials where their going game after game not the schools. Being from Maryville we all love the Cherokee's there and always give them a standing ovation when their scores are announced. Have lots of great friends from Greenback I enjoy taking to every week about football. I also had a family member play for GCA the past two years and got to meet some real great people there that I have great friendships with. This turned out to be a great game tonight win or lose and good luck to both teams the rest of the way this year.

Sox...sorry, but the individual official association that a school uses, that association's supervisor(s) assigns who's officiating what game, the only time TSSAA assigns is during the playoffs. Take the Blount County Association their supervisor(s) are Hodson/Coulter. 

7 minutes ago, GGianaiGG said:

Erase it from your mind all you want, but history will still show 

Grace          21

Greenback 7

and then you all wonder why know one wants to play at your house! UNFAIR TERRITORY!!!!!!! HISTORY HAS SHOWN US THAT! I AM TIRED OF THIS AND THAT - looking forward to the game Oct. 6th. dis Grace!

Just now, cherokean said:

Sox...sorry, but the individual official association that a school uses, that association's supervisor(s) assigns who's officiating what game, the only time TSSAA assigns is during the playoffs. Take the Blount County Association their supervisor(s) are Hodson/Coulter. 

I warned you all!

17 minutes ago, ladykee said:

If we were all being completely honest unless one team is unbelievably better than the other they can not overcome a penalty margin of 32-2 ( not 100% sure but that was what was reported....I only remember 2 for GCA & completely lost count of GBs so I know it was a big margin). These two teams were more evenly matched so the penalties killed us. Some were probably warranted but many were not. The icing on the cake was when GCA player after play was over looked to pull GB #6 helmet off & then turned and slung it 15 yards give or take. The referee sees it happen reaches to his back pocket but pulls no flag & does nothing. Pandemonium breaks out & GB head coach at this point comes unglued. Completely understandable & warranted. This put GCA up 13-7 with blocked kick. By this point GB players, coaches & fans realize we appear to be fighting a losing battle. Blatant face masks were not called, holding defensive linemen all game not called. Every big play we had on offense after the first scoring drive called back. On the flip side multiple times GB players were held blatantly with no holding call. It should have easily been a very lopsided win for GCA given the circumstances. Players for both teams kept playing hard. Players don't have the whistles & nobody tells the refs "I held that play and you missed it". Lol!!! They also don't tell the refs they should not have called that penalty on opposing team. The point I am trying to make is that the referees hold all the power! It isn't GCA players fault that the officiating was so bad and I wouldn't expect a GCA fan to admit it! Let's be honest here would GB fans if situation was reversed? Highly doubt it. It is unfortunate for all involved to have the whistle blowers tarnish what could have been a really good game where all left the game knowing who was truly better team on that night & let the players decide. We have been a very disciplined team and have faced a good line in TKA with nowhere near the penalties thrown tonight. I guarantee you if GCA had been called for that many penalties & us 2 they would be a little upset for their team. They got robbed tonight of a clear cut victory. The question I want answered is why does this always happen at GCA & rarely anywhere else? Head ref was same as 2014 which was bad at times but nothing like tonight. I am not implying anything bad from GCA team or school admin, etc. but why can't the referees we get assigned @ GCA games balanced & call a fair game? If it's holding when one does it it's holding when the other does too. There were also phantom calls where nobody saw anything to call. We must have set a record for GB tonight on penalties. I thought GB players held their composure very well considering everything that was happening out of their control. This group of GB players have never experienced anything like this. But they have now! 

Ladykee, I will agree with you on most aspects. I spoke to my son who is a player on Grace. He said that the GB players were overall good players and played a good game. At the end of the day, both teams played, good, hard football. I’m sure there will be plenty of bumps and bruises on both sides tomorrow. If it seems Grace fans are surprised by all this, we are. Because Grace is a private school, other teams automatically assume everyone at Grace is rich and the players “daddy’s” buy the games. I can assure you that is no where near the truth. Are there kids who go to Grace who’s parents are well off. Sure. But most are middle class parents who struggle every week, just like the rest of us, to provide for their kids to have a good education. So I find it hysterical when people say Grace bought this or paid off that. Too be honest, because Grace is a private school, their fans feel like they always get more calls and penalties against them then the visiting team. That’s why this is so unbelievable that these posts are happening. Greenback is feeling tonight, what we feel almost every other week. 

But at the end of the day, both teams played hard. Like you said, had Greenback won, there wouldn’t have been a peep about the refs performance tonight. I just don’t think it is fair to take away from the Grace players and minimize the hard fought game they played. Whether you personally like the end result or not, we should agree they both played a hard game and I give each team credit for that.

Edited by GGianaiGG

2 minutes ago, GGianaiGG said:

Ladykee, I will agree with you on most aspects. I spoke to my son who is a player on Grace. He said that the GB players were overall good players and played a good game. At the end of the day, both teams played, good, hard football. I’m sure there will be plenty of bumps and bruises on both sides tomorrow. If it seems Grace fans are surprised by all this, we are. Because Grace is a private school, other teams automatically assume everyone at Grace is rich and the players “daddy’s” buy the games. I can assure you that is no where near the truth. Are there kids who go to Grace who’s parents are well off. Sure. But most are middle class parents who struggle every week, just like the rest of us, to provide for their kids to have a good education. So I find it hysterical when people say Grace bought this or paid off that. Too be honest, because Grace is a private school, their fans feel like they always get more calls and penalties against them then the visiting team. That’s why this is so unbelievable that these posts are happening. Greenback is feeling tonight, what we feel almost every other week. 

Pat the end of the day, both teams played hard. Like you said, had Greenback won, there wouldn’t have been a peep about the refs performance tonight. I just don’t think it is fair to take away from the Grace players and minimize the hard fought game they played. Like the end result or not, they both played a hard game and I give each teM credit for that.

If someone who knows FOOTBALL and watches the playback of this game can tell me truthfully and honestly that it was not called in GRACE's favor then I will stand corrected!  

3 minutes ago, cherokean said:

That's what I say...bout you changing your screen name from a palindrome GGianaiGG, the evidence is on page 65...trying to be slick.

Nope. Since I just joined, I thought of a name I liked better. Which, btw,  still links to all of my previous comments and responses.

So Sorry. Still no secret conspiracy.