Greenback at GCA!!!

orngnblk

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Is the helmet deal in the 1st qrt? If not when?

2nd half.....

as was the one ALSO NOT CALLED in 4th qtr when GB #24 yanked off and tossed GCA #26 helmet while they were blocking each other. I'm sure his hand got stuck too. No way that ref was calling that one after the first one. He was looking right at it, and he just looked away. I'm guessing that was after he found out the GB Ath Dir requested additional security personnel to be placed on the GB sideline, because things were getting out of hand. You know its a bad situation when your own AD has to call for help!

I'd be frustrated too. For what its worth, the area top dog for officials was at the game. I'm quite sure he will have a LOT to discuss with that crew for missed calls on both sides. Mis-marked GB punt.....GCA lost 10 yds of field position on that punt. Same run GB #6 went around left end to the 5, there was a blatant block in the back of #23 that sprung #6 down the sideline, along with the blatant hold of GCA #32 to allow the edge. When the hold happened, both officials in the booth immediately yelled "hold!" It was right in front of us. I'm sure you could not see it on the visitor side.

I'm sorry this happened. It taints a very competitive game between two teams that have some really good players. GB will be just fine.....tough one coming up though. We needed that game to get our season back on track. We may or may not take advantage of it and take some confidence to Happy Valley. They're evidently very good also.

Lastly, your coach did what he felt he had to do. One thing I will absolutely say with confidence....if the no-call on the helmet throw was on the other foot, our coach would've been irate too.....BUT, I'll guarantee you he would not have gotten a 15yd penalty, or been kicked out of the game, which results in a game suspension. That was impulsive and showed passion for his team. But it wasn't the greatest decision in the world, ultimately hurting his team's chances in the biggest game of your regular season.

3 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

We don't know yet. 

You don't know what?   I don't know of anything a coach gets ejected for unless it an unsportsman like conduct.  Surely he didn't just walk away and put himself in timeout.   

I remember back in 2013 when Coach Bowers was ejected and was to miss the title game but the TSSAA over ruled the 1 game suspension and said the official had no jurisdiction over ejecting the coach since it was determined the official had already declared the contest over.  I think following that incident the refs now have jurisdiction until they leave the premises or something to that effect.

13 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

You don't know what?   I don't know of anything a coach gets ejected for unless it an unsportsman like conduct.  Surely he didn't just walk away and put himself in timeout.   

I remember back in 2013 when Coach Bowers was ejected and was to miss the title game but the TSSAA over ruled the 1 game suspension and said the official had no jurisdiction over ejecting the coach since it was determined the official had already declared the contest over.  I think following that incident the refs now have jurisdiction until they leave the premises or something to that effect.

We're going to dress him up as a Cherokee mascot so he can still call plays. Lol

12 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

This one won't be overturned. Coach went too far and let his emotions get the best of him. He threw everything he had onto the field: headset, playsheet, hat. You'll see it when you watch it. This one would've made Billy Martin blush. 

Just now, Southtowner said:

Lol.     I would too.  

All joking aside it will not be pretty if we play like we did last night. Regardless of how bad the refs were we had our chances and didn't do nothing with them, especially in the first half. Congrats in the second half to their coach for making the adjustments and start running the ball. We had NO answer for them.  

Just now, Gbnation said:

All joking aside it will not be pretty if we play like we did last night. Regardless of how bad the refs were we had our chances and didn't do nothing with them, especially in the first half. Congrats in the second half to their coach for making the adjustments and start running the ball. We had NO answer for them.  

That's when penalties become more 'glaring'.  When a team has opportunities to put a team away but fail to capitalize.  Which opens the door for some to hang their hat on other things like penalties when their own failure to execute should be the main focus.  

But I will readily admit,  there always seems to be something when it comes down to some teams playing each other.  This game may be THE game to watch next year.  Good luck to both teams.  

30 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

And he should have on that play!!!!

Read back, I'm with 41 on this one. I said it a couple of times, he had EVERY right to be upset at the result of the previous play. And for the record, I like your coach. He's a stand up guy, big improvement over the previous 2. But he really did get his money's worth! If I ever have to go out, I want to go out just like Coach Ryan!

1 hour ago, Gbnation said:

Glad someone else saw that. The run game has been there all year imo but that's not coach bradleys system. If we wanna win some games down the stretch we need to pound the rock! Caught everyone by surprise.

1 hour ago, Gbnation said:

And he should have on that play!!!!

Gotta give you a LOT of credit on here. You're a biased dad like me and every other parent on here, but you are honest in assessing what you see. Everybody on your side had every right to be really upset over that no-call. At the very least it had to be a facemask penalty.

Minus a handful of big flags, everyone of your penalties are easily corrected with discipline during practice. Until last week, when we had zero flags v Webb, we had been doing the same things. It killed us, like it did you guys last night. The off week helped us a ton. I bet it does your coaching staff as well. The kids will be fired up and ready to work!

I know this much, I wouldn't want to be Coalfield in a couple of weeks. If your boys come out with the fire from the gun like they had after your coach left, Coalbucket had better watch out! I guess that's the trick....how do you get that fire in them before kickoff? Wish we knew the answer to that as well. It took us awhile to get ready to battle.

And, that JR class you've got is pretty special, to say the least. Of course, I'm still partial to that #23.....he's got GREAT HANDS....and mine said he was great out there on the field....no negative whatsoever to report. He reminds me of one I know over our way. You've got a lot of great plays ahead of you if he keeps working, lifting and maturing. 

Also, I sure hope Big Bobby is ok. It didn't look too bad, cramps I hope, but with a dude as big as a mountain, it is probably hard to tell. Good gracious that kid is huge!!!