ROSSVIEW @ MT JULIET

poppop

45 minutes ago, AlbertPine said:

Some don't like hearing it but by the numbers:  These teams have won a combined 10 games against teams with a combined record of 17-43 (.283).  Each has only beaten one team with a winning record, both 5A squads which any 6A squad should win that considers itself a contender for state.  Take those two wins out because they are 5A squads and these two teams have not beaten a winning team this year and the combined record of the teams they have beaten is 8-40 (.166).

Let me repeat that:  8-40.

I don't care what the opinion, 8-40 competition in any sport is the definition of an easy season so far.  Rossview wins/MJ wins ... it doesn't matter.  This is a weak Region just purely based on the numbers (facts). 

You are suffering from Little Man Syndrome.... There is help for you! 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, TOM4000Patriots said:

The schedule for MJ is what it is.   At this point they have to stay focused on keeping sharp as they cruise to the playoffs.    That's when they will find some competition.   Too bad district doesn't have a similar team to get some big game experience. 

I couldn't agree more.  Despite what's said, not a hater, just pointing out the obvious.  Not one post from me that anyone can dispute.

IMO the bad news is Whitehaven, Blackman, and Maryville have each lost one game to really good competition.  That's motivation for them.  MJ might enter the playoffs 10-0 thinking they are all that then lose to a 5-5 Rutherford County school.  I hope they don't but its a possibility if they think this shutout streak is for real against 8-40 squads.

On 9/25/2017 at 7:18 PM, AlbertPine said:

I couldn't agree more.  Despite what's said, not a hater, just pointing out the obvious.  Not one post from me that anyone can dispute.

IMO the bad news is Whitehaven, Blackman, and Maryville have each lost one game to really good competition.  That's motivation for them.  MJ might enter the playoffs 10-0 thinking they are all that then lose to a 5-5 Rutherford County school.  I hope they don't but its a possibility if they think this shutout streak is for real against 8-40 squads.

Sounds like MJ and Rossview will be healthier going into the playoffs! 

its very difficult to tell how good MJ is based off of who they have played. 6 shutouts to start the season is very impressive for anyone, who have they played that could make a deep run in the playoffs? 

Until proven otherwise I can see this team being beat in the first of the playoffs. If I'm not mistaken I saw in a different thread they are matched up against Blackman, Riverdale Oakland region bracket for the playoffs that's very tough. 

25 minutes ago, Fballfan1978 said:

its very difficult to tell how good MJ is based off of who they have played. 6 shutouts to start the season is very impressive for anyone, who have they played that could make a deep run in the playoffs? 

Until proven otherwise I can see this team being beat in the first of the playoffs. If I'm not mistaken I saw in a different thread they are matched up against Blackman, Riverdale Oakland region bracket for the playoffs that's very tough. 

Time will tell.... Until then let's all enjoy the ride and encourage these young men! 

Until someone lines up and runs right at MJ, they will continue to shut teams out. If Rossview tries to throw it all over the yard and run IZ/OZ, MJ will push the shutout streak to 7.. If their defense has a weakness, I believe it is power football. They live off of speed, Slanting up front, blitzing on first down to get you behind the sticks. Their DBs probably present the most problems, they do a great job of disguising coverages, move around a lot, and are coached very well. They aren't going to give up the big play.. 

I think a 2 tight pro-style team would give them fits.. If it were me I'd call Power, Ice, and Counter all night and live off of 3,4,5 yard gains. Could be wrong though, won't know until someone does it  

Edited by CommandoBlood100

18 minutes ago, CommandoBlood100 said:

Until someone lines up and runs right at MJ, they will continue to shut teams out. If Rossview tries to throw it all over the yard and run IZ/OZ, MJ will push the shutout streak to 7.. If their defense has a weakness, I believe it is power football. They live off of speed, Slanting up front, blitzing on first down to get you behind the sticks. Their DBs probably present the most problems, they do a great job of disguising coverages, move around a lot, and are coached very well. They aren't going to give up the big play.. 

I think a 2 tight pro-style team would give them fits.. If it were me I'd call Power, Ice, and Counter all night and live off of 3,4,5 yard gains. Could be wrong though, won't know until someone does it  

THIS^^^^^^^^!