Undefeated East Ridge at Undefeated AC

Mav4life

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yeah he is going to need to start sliding when tacklers approach. I think that is the game plan here on in. But we do have a fantastic run game that is brutal on the defensive line.

Yeah, but the threat of your passing game is what opens that up, and without #9 at QB that element changes drastically. That offense is a machine with him at the helm.

4 hours ago, haweanbula said:

I've watched two of ACs games. The reason AC is able to run the ball is because the DBs and Safeties are concerned with Stanton throwing a 55yd pass downfield. Take away the passing and AC isn't going to be able to run the ball as effectively. I'm not saying you have a bad run game. I think you can still be effective running the ball. However, that is true for any team. Take a high school football team with a dynamic quarterback that can tuck it and run or throw effectively and you are going to have run game just naturally. 

Oh I agree and that is pretty much true of most team. Some teams can only throw then it is disaster. But we went through this before; QB hurt and had to rearrange plan 2 when worked out quite well. Also been through situation where we had one Great Running back and got hurt had to switch to plan B worked out fairly well. What really hurts when you have a star on the offense that has also been going both ways; offence and defense then that hurts. I do not think our QB goes both ways.

2 hours ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

Yeah, but the threat of your passing game is what opens that up, and without #9 at QB that element changes drastically. That offense is a machine with him at the helm.

True but I think AC has plans in case this happens; as it happens every year we are good and they have a fairly good back up plan. Never the best when a player is hurt and plays both ways. Lucky our QB is not going both ways this time.

Ok its On!

AC ranked #3 and East Ridge ranked #5 in the State. This should be a good game and another test of how good or bad AC is. East Ridge has plenty of speed so we will have to be ready to stop them before they get out in the open; as they can fly. Have to watch the pass since they have this speed too. All I can say is we better be playing our best!

Go Mavericks!!!!

Middle of week I so Yaun...Boards are quite.....Hoghead must have died.... Devil from heck must be in hibernation. But the Mavericks are alive and Live on! LOL :) just playing guys! Tounge and cheek but glad to see the Mavs moved ahead of Greeneville in prepxtra top East Tennessee teams. Finally the Mavericks are getting more respect and you know it is really about time. I was tired of hearing that Greeneville was the best team in State and all in classes Boys from Mountains deserve something, at least.

Edited by Mavericksinflight
Spell