Watertown @ Westmoreland

TigerFan76

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a good game. I thought at the beginning of the season that this game would be for 2nd/3rd place in the region. Its looking like that still will probably be the case. The winner of this game pretty much locks up a playoff spot.

Both teams go into an important stretch of the season. Westmoreland has Watertown, Livingston Academy and East Robertson the next 3 games. Watertown has Westmoreland, Jackson County, East Robertson and Smith County the next 4 games.

Westmoreland is 2-3 and have had scored 83 points in wins against Ezell-Harding and Jackson County but just 19 points in losses against TC, Jo Byrns and Macon County. The flipside though is that they gave up 42 points to TC but a combined 30 points in the other 4 games.

Watertown is 4-2 and allowed 42 in both losses to TC and MJ Christian but have allowed only 28 in the 4 wins over Gordonsville, Dekalb Co., Cascade and Forrest. They have scored +20 points in all 4 wins as well.

I would say that they are comparable on defense but that Watertown is probably better on offense.

Watertown 20

Westmoreland 12

After the game and Jo Burns who knows what Westmoreland will do.  Unlike TC not telling who is out of the game,  Westmoreland had 2 key players ejected at Jo Burns.   I am 47 years old and have been around High School Football all my life.  The Officiating at Jo Burns was the worst I have ever seen period at any sporting event.   It is impossible to describe how bad it was unless you were there.  I feel sorry for the two side judges who I believe had to be depressed after that game based on the way the refs on the field handled that game.  I wish the film could be posted nationally so people could see it.   I try to handle myself professionally and morally in a decent manner.  With that said,  how some of the parents of the players was able to take that, is beyond me.

Thats a good post 64! I just hope that game carries over to this week as far as the fire we were playing with at the end of the game. The officiating was attrocious. Like Ive said before, there was something up with the ref in the white hat the other night. He either had someone on the team he wanted to win homecoming or he got alittle under the table. The game is now on Utube if anyone is curious. As far as this friday night this is huge for the eagles. Win this one and its a good possibilty of a homefield playoff game. Go Eagles! Lets rebound from last week. Dont forget the work ypu put in for this season. Dont mail it in over some bad calls.

2 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Thats a good post 64! I just hope that game carries over to this week as far as the fire we were playing with at the end of the game. The officiating was attrocious. Like Ive said before, there was something up with the ref in the white hat the other night. He either had someone on the team he wanted to win homecoming or he got alittle under the table. The game is now on Utube if anyone is curious. As far as this friday night this is huge for the eagles. Win this one and its a good possibilty of a homefield playoff game. Go Eagles! Lets rebound from last week. Dont forget the work ypu put in for this season. Dont mail it in over some bad calls.

Amazing.............you ,  complementing  yourself  Stampus Lickus.  Well, on 2nd thought, that sounds about right. lol 

4 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Thanks for posting that I never thought Monday night football would be watching Westmoreland vs Jo Byrns :) I hadn't got to see either team this year.

Everything in the world went wrong for Westmoreland talk about a perfect storm. I counted about 6 drops on top of the 2 interceptions in the red zone.

I watched the first half thinking to myself that yeah this officiating is pretty poor but the calls weren't that bad. And Jo Byrns outplayed them in the 1st half.

But the 2nd half.... I've never seen anything like that you guys are spot on in that assessment. The constant conferences and they just seemed like they had no clue what they were doing to be honest. And Westmoreland outplayed them in the 2nd half.

If anybody else reading this didn't see the game go look it up on youtube and fast forward to the 2nd half its like nothing you have ever seen. Like literally seemed like a 30-second referee discussion after every play.

Even though our record don't reflect it, I feel like Westmoreland is better than the last two years.   I don't have a child playing so I am not biased.  Macon County game we were in it to win it at the end and fell short.  TC game is a different story.  We were in it for a quarter..   Jo Burns game handled like a regular game could have possibly been a win.  I am going to say Westmoreland regroups after that mess last Friday night and wins this game 14 - 7.