Webb @ Boyd

BoydBucFan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Boyd has found their QB for the next 3 years. As good as he played, it could have been even better had his receivers not dropped several balls against CCS.

Watkins & Henke also played very good, but that's expected. I think Henke in particular was preventing Mondo (CCS tailback) from breaking anything longer than 7-8 yards and he'll have to do the same against the Webb running backs.

I don't know much about Webb - other than they lost to ND & two blocked punts cost them in that game. I saw Howard play in a Tennessee future stars game a couple of years ago, where I think he was the game's MVP - and he's VERY fast.

I'll be at the game watching as CCS has a bye week and plays Webb the next week, which will be 2 straight trips to Chattanooga for Webb - 3 total with the McCallie game earlier this year.

As bad as it's been for Boyd this year, I believe they can still make the playoffs by winning 2 of the last 3 games - Webb, Silverdale, CAK

1 hour ago, OLDad said:

I don't know much about Webb - other than they lost to ND & two blocked punts cost them in that game. I saw Howard play in a Tennessee future stars game a couple of years ago, where I think he was the game's MVP - and he's VERY fast.

...one might say that those TN future stars only rushin bout 132 rushin yds; and ND defense shuttin them down to bout 195 total offensive yds is what cost them

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

41 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

Does Boyd's Wing-T differ any from Webb's or will they be playing against essentially the same offense? 

like 180 grees in opposite direction......there may not b tons of difference in the trenches; tho yours are more sound in technigue.....Boyd has no one that that will make u nervous with the ball in their hand and no one Booger can hear run by with Boogers eyes closed.....Haslam School of Knoxville does

glad your back Sparty...Booger nose it was difficult

13 minutes ago, Booger said:

like 180 grees in opposite direction......there may not b tons of difference in the trenches; tho yours are more sound in technigue.....Boyd has no one that that will make u nervous with the ball in their hand and no one Booger can hear run by with Boogers eyes closed.....Haslam School of Knoxville does

glad your back Sparty...Booger nose it was difficult

Yes...Very difficult. I've never seen us not be able to get our athletes in space. So I needed a break. But its Monday now. Time to refocus and win some games to actually make the playoffs. 

They have the Kohl Henke kid, does he not get a lot of carries? I'm sure he has some speed. Surely Boyd has some other guys that can carry the rock. Defensively since they run a similar scheme to us and since the Irish showed them the blueprint, do you think Boyd can make two weeks in a row where Webb's speed is neutralized? 

I will tell you this Boog, you've lit a fire under us. If we respond how I think we can and should you probably don't want to be Boyd Buchanan this Friday. But that may be wishful thinking. Either way to God the glory. Jahlil makes sure he gives it to him every time he scores (none against the Irish, so thanks for not letting him give God glory Boog, thanks). 

Image result for jahlil  jefferson

Edited by Spartan4Life

absolutely no chance.....Boyd is one the very few Schools around that Booger likes cause they believe they are THE ONLY ONES.....Booger kinda thinks Booger is the only one Boogerself.....but they have no chance....

.....your Spartans are assured a playoff spot already...the East has 5 garonteed postseason contenders....the Cerebral Wizzards that run this states football are so consumed with sukin cash up from people and schools in the post season.....but with the T$$AA dividin DII into 3 small classes; what would u do......Booger woulda take only top 4 in E,M,W and be done with it

......this year the Bucs could take 6 weeks and not do to Pilot Petro Schools Space what the Irish can do

Booger just sayin :o

Edited by Booger

I think Boyd has changed their offense quite a bit. Their QB ran for about 150 - all around the end of the line and he passed 24 times, which was about 6 times more than I expected. I'd seen games in the past where they had only thrown the ball 3-4 times - and they lost by 35+ points.

They often line up in wing-t with the QB under center, but then he drops back and they go spread.

That's what they did against CCS - and it worked pretty good.