Ridgeway @ Brighton

kwc

This is a huge Region 8, 5A game. Ridgeway has won three in a row and have shown improvement. Brighton is undefeated in region play, but have they faced a team with the weaponry of a Ridgeway? There are five teams in this region with a shot at the playoffs, but only four gets in. How do you see this game playing out?

I haven't picked my BGIM Week 8 selections just yet, but I'm leaning towards picking Ridgeway in this game. They have won three in a row and they don't have problems scoring. Frankly, it's been their defense that has let them down imho. Their backs are against the wall. It's now or never for them.

Nobody's interested in this game? This is one of the more intriguing games to be played this weekend. Well, in my book anyway. This is one of those region 8, 5A games. I thought this one would get a lot of interest, just because of the two teams and what's at stake.

Edited by kwc

49 minutes ago, kwc said:

Nobody's interested in this game? This is one of the more intriguing games to be played this weekend. Well, in my book anyway. This is one of those region 8, 5A games. I thought this one would get a lot of interest, just because of the two teams and what's at stake.

Brighton is undefeated right now. But this is a hard one to pick in the BGIM contest. 

12 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Brighton is undefeated right now. But this is a hard one to pick in the BGIM contest. 

Yeah, they are undefeated in region play RIGHT NOW. They still have Ridgeway, Southwind, and Munford on the schefule. Those early season non-region losses to Houston, Dyersburg, and Covington are looming large in my eyes. Honestly, we aren't going to know how this thing is going to shakeep out until the very end. Their is no clear cut favorite in Region 8, 5A. They are all fair game, imho.

Edited by kwc

33 minutes ago, kwc said:

Yeah, they are undefeated in region play RIGHT NOW. The still have Ridgeway, Southwind, and Munford on the schefule. Those early season non-region losses to Houston, Dyersburg, and Covington are looming large in my eyes. Honestly, we aren't going to know how this thing is going to shakeep out until the very end. Their is no favorite. They are all fair game, imho.

Brighton is a pretender. Covington is a pretty good team but Dyersburg and Houston are pretty average. I think Ridgeway wins this game as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot. 

30 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Brighton is a pretender. Covington is a pretty good team but Dyersburg and Houston are pretty average. I think Ridgeway wins this game as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot. 

Yeah. However, we are talking about Ridgeway here. I often look at the team and roster and end up asking myself ... how did they lose that game again? Huh?

25 minutes ago, kwc said:

Yeah. However, we are talking about Ridgeway here. I often look at the team and roster and end up asking myself ... how did they lose that game again? Huh?

That's where the shoot themselves in the foot part comes in. But the win over Munford spoke volumes to me. I think Munford is the best team in that region. They have been very consistent outside of the loss to ridgeway and almost pulled out the ridgeway game. Those two teams play 10 times I think Munford wins the majority of them. Brighton is mit even close to the same level as Munford. 

6 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

That's where the shoot themselves in the foot part comes in. But the win over Munford spoke volumes to me. I think Munford is the best team in that region. They have been very consistent outside of the loss to ridgeway and almost pulled out the ridgeway game. Those two teams play 10 times I think Munford wins the majority of them. Brighton is mit even close to the same level as Munford. 

Munford has been pretty good for the past few seasons

Ridgeway can light up the scoreboard as well. 

I'm leaning in Ridgeway's direction.