Ridgeway @ Brighton

kwc

Their RB isn't rated among the leaders in the Memphis area through 6 weeks of play. But their QB is rated 9th with 1145 passing yards and 11 TD. Having Kundundrious Taylor back only makes their passing game that more potent. Going through that list of receivers ... I didn't see any Ridgeway WR listed. which means he's spreading it around to the other guys. Now, their alpha dog WR is back ... well, wow.

How is Brighton's pass defense?

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:54 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Brighton is a pretender. Covington is a pretty good team but Dyersburg and Houston are pretty average. I think Ridgeway wins this game as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot. 

I think this is the knock on Brighton for at least the past 4 or 5 years which is as long as I have followed them. Have a pretty good regular season now and again then out. Have they ever been past the first round of the playoffs? I agree with you BPM, they are a pretender until they show differently and I don't think this is the year that happens.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, plumb69 said:

I think this is the knock on Brighton for at least the past 4 or 5 years which is as long as I have followed them. Have a pretty good regular season now and again then out. Have they ever been past the first round of the playoffs? I agree with you BPM, they are a pretender until they show differently and I don't think this is the year that happens.

I know this thread is about Ridgeway and Brighton  but I kind of feel that same way about all 3 of the contending 5A teams from the City of Memphis ... Ridgeway, Kirby, and Southwond. It's always Something every year with each of them. Ridgeway has under performed for years, imko. We will see.

This is what the Commercial Appeal's prep beat writer thinks about this game.

Ridgeway (3-4, 3-1) at Brighton (4-3, 4-0)

When: Friday, 7 p.m.

A healthy Kundarrius Taylor has done wonders for the Roadrunners, who have won three straight after a shaky start. He has three touchdown catches and two kickoff returns for touchdowns in two weeks since returning from a hamstring injury. Brighton has some playmakers of its own — most notably quarterback Malik Jackson and receiver Aaron Alston — so don't be surprised if these two produce a basketball score.

The pick: Ridgeway

August 18, 2017 - Action from Friday night's game between

August 18, 2017 - Action from Friday night's game between Memphis University School and Ridgeway High School. (Photo: Brad Vest/The Commercial Appeal)

3 hours ago, kwc said:

Ok.

I think the daily papers in Memphis, Nashville and Knoxville are all owned by the same company and use a lot of USA today stuff. I read the Knoxville paper the most and know there is no local prep writer any more. I was in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago for a college football game and picked up a Chattanooga paper on the way through. They seem to be independent and had a great high school section.