Davidson @ NCS

Golden1

8 minutes ago, NCSdad23 said:

The NCS play calling is absolutely atrocious. It's just plain horrible! I can't tell you how many games it's cost us. I've honestly just never seen anything like it. 

Great game DA! I'm not taking a thing away from you. Great athletes and VERY well coached. 

I dont know of a football dad who has much respect for him. He won a championship two years ago with one of the best teams 1A football has ever seen. HE didnt win it, the players did. Coaches need to realize what they have on their team and run things that put their athletes in a position to succeed. They also need to realize players limitations and stay away from situations that give them zero chances to succeed. He is a terrible evaluator of talent, he is terrible at game prep, he is absolutely the worst at discipline and cleaning up sloppy play, he is terrible at keeping players on the team, and he gets out-coached in every game he loses. Everyone who knows anything about football and has seen his teams knows it.

8 minutes ago, bcd said:

I wouldn’t be so hard on Coach Brothers and his skill at evaluating talent. 

On 7/28 you posted on my CPA thread that after a 7 on 7 and scrimmage that CPA was’t impressive at all, lacked anyone to run the ball, and didn’t see any “athletes”.

NCSdad23 followed that with a “ditto”. 

Dude, really?  CPA looked bad in that scrimmage. You really did. Here is a hard fact for you: In class 1A NCS has had 6 NCAA Div 1 athletes in the past 4 years and only 1 state championship 2 are seeing significant playing time in the SEC. Just think about that for a moment. How many 1A teams even have 1player of that caliber in 6 years? We've had 6!

What would you attribute that to? 

4 minutes ago, NCSdad23 said:

Dude, really?  CPA looked bad in that scrimmage. You really did. Here is a hard fact for you: In class 1A NCS has had 6 NCAA Div 1 athletes in the past 4 years and only 1 state championship 2 are seeing significant playing time in the SEC. Just think about that for a moment. How many 1A teams even have 1player of that caliber in 6 years? We've had 6!

I would advise anyone to discard anything they witness in a pre-season scrimmage. Many coaches play everyone and work on situational stuff they may not be good at. I know of no coaches who set out to win a scrimmage. Most of these guys want their 1's to get a few reps and then get out healthy. This results in some very strange scrimmage results for those keeping score. 

16 minutes ago, NCSdad23 said:

Really on what part?  Those 7 on 7’s and pre-season meetings are practices. You guys are bashing a coach saying he can’t evaluate talent but yet have proven you also cannot as CPA has 6 D1’s currently on the team that was said to have by y’all to have no athletes. 

Saying a team that went 15-0 only did so because of the players and not the coaching staff?

57 minutes ago, bcd said:

I wouldn’t be so hard on Coach Brothers and his skill at evaluating talent. 

On 7/28 you posted on my CPA thread that after a 7 on 7 and scrimmage that CPA was’t impressive at all, lacked anyone to run the ball, and didn’t see any “athletes”.

NCSdad23 followed that with a “ditto”. 

I said it then and I'll say it again, they looked very unathletic. Perhaps you know something that I dont know about your team. I guarantee you that I and many other dads know something about our team that you dont know. I suppose that you dont get enough stroking on the T and have to go to other threads looking for a way to bring up your beloved program. Good, great, wonderful CPA!!! This isnt about you. I said what I meant and stand behind it. If you love Brothers so much take him.

5 minutes ago, carguy59 said:

I said it then and I'll say it again, they looked very unathletic. Perhaps you know something that I dont know about your team. I guarantee you that I and many other dads know something about our team that you dont know. I suppose that you dont get enough stroking on the T and have to go to other threads looking for a way to bring up your beloved program. Good, great, wonderful CPA!!! This isnt about you. I said what I meant and stand behind it. If you love Brothers so much take him.

You miss the old 1A forums but you don’t don’t want to hear any opposition to your thoughts?  You came on to a CPA thread to beat your chest after a scrimmage but you think I shouldn’t post on your thread presenting a different view.

Deal, I won’t post on your threads anymore.

42 minutes ago, NCSdad23 said:

I gave good points and guess you just didn't want to reply. Mine were regarding Brothers. That's what brought you here right? 

Nothing but respect for your program and what you're doing this year. Ingle and staff got it going. THAT'S the difference here. He still wants it.

Thanks, NCSdad23, Jeff was what caught my eye. But, I don’t want this to look I was trying to talk about CPA in your game thread.  Carguy is right, you guys know a lot more about your program than I do. I think Jeff is a good guy and I hate seeing “we went 15-0” in spite of him.  That can’t be true.  For the most part, coaches pour their entire lives into our kids and I’m always respectful of that.  They make mistakes too because they’re human.  I always thought you guys were lucky to have Coach Brothers, but it’s you guy’s thread and I’m an outsider so my thoughts should be taken as such. 

Edited to say - NCS didn’t make the playoffs the 9 or so years prior to hiring Coach Brothers and he’s made the playoffs every year with some of those years going deeply...

Edited by bcd

18 minutes ago, bcd said:

Thanks, NCSdad23, Jeff was what caught my eye. But, I don’t want this to look I was trying to talk about CPA in your game thread.  Carguy is right, you guys know a lot more about your program than I do. I think Jeff is a good guy and I hate seeing “we went 15-0” in spite of him.  That can’t be true.  For the most part, coaches pour their entire lives into our kids and I’m always respectful of that.  They make mistakes too because they’re human.  I always thought you guys were lucky to have Coach Brothers, but it’s you guy’s thread and I’m an outsider so my thoughts should be taken as such. 

A lot of people pour their hearts into their jobs and fail. When you do the same thing over and over without success, you should change and go back to what works. He breaks the law of insanity over and over. Much respect to CPA. Im sure I didnt see everything in the scrimmage. Everyone has eyes and opinions. 

2 hours ago, bcd said:

Edited to say - NCS didn’t make the playoffs the 9 or so years prior to hiring Coach Brothers and he’s made the playoffs every year with some of those years going deeply...

If you watched the game on TV, you under stand what the guys are saying. I said earlier in the week this game would be Apollo Creed vs. Rocky. It was exactly that. Brothers should be ashamed of himself for putting his QB in that situation. He was 3 for 15 for 30 yards. Think about that. Yet, the RB has 332 and doesn't touch the ball but 4 times with under 4 minutes in the game. On 4th down, he isn't on the field??? Exact same thing happened against BGA. Brothers was trying to show how smart he is and looked like he had never called plays by putting his QB in that situation last night. It was darn near coaching malpractice.  I also said Quinn was a great play caller and got creative in how he got his playmakers the ball. High percentage throws. In regards to 2015, John Crosby built a defense that played lights out. He is no longer at NCS and it shows. The new DC is flat out in over his head. Crosby deserves most of the credit for that championship, IMO.