Davidson @ NCS

Golden1

15 minutes ago, OrangeEagle said:

If you watched the game on TV, you under stand what the guys are saying. I said earlier in the week this game would be Apollo Creed vs. Rocky. It was exactly that. Brothers should be ashamed of himself for putting his QB in that situation. He was 3 for 15 for 30 yards. Think about that. Yet, the RB has 332 and doesn't touch the ball but 4 times with under 4 minutes in the game. On 4th down, he isn't on the field??? Exact same thing happened against BGA. Brothers was trying to show how smart he is and looked like he had never called plays by putting his QB in that situation last night. It was darn near coaching malpractice.  I also said Quinn was a great play caller and got creative in how he got his playmakers the ball. High percentage throws. In regards to 2015, John Crosby built a defense that played lights out. He is no longer at NCS and it shows. The new DC is flat out in over his head. Crosby deserves most of the credit for that championship, IMO. 

Dead on!

11 minutes ago, OrangeEagle said:

If you watched the game on TV, you under stand what the guys are saying. I said earlier in the week this game would be Apollo Creed vs. Rocky. It was exactly that. Brothers should be ashamed of himself for putting his QB in that situation. He was 3 for 15 for 30 yards. Think about that. Yet, the RB has 332 and doesn't touch the ball but 4 times with under 4 minutes in the game. On 4th down, he isn't on the field??? Exact same thing happened against BGA. Brothers was trying to show how smart he is and looked like he had never called plays by putting his QB in that situation last night. It was darn near coaching malpractice.  I also said Quinn was a great play caller and got creative in how he got his playmakers the ball. High percentage throws. In regards to 2015, John Crosby built a defense that played lights out. He is no longer at NCS and it shows. The new DC is flat out in over his head. Crosby deserves most of the credit for that championship, IMO. 

You’re right. I meant to set up the DVR to record it because I thought it would be a great game, but forgot...  I think sometimes former QBs put more pressure on the QBs they coach than they should. I heard the RB lost his helmet on 2nd and had to come out on the 3rd down but didn’t realize he was still out on the 4th. 

Thinking positive though, it sounds like the gold ball will go to one of three schools and NCS is one of them. Good luck to NCS in the playoffs. 

16 hours ago, bcd said:

You miss the old 1A forums but you don’t don’t want to hear any opposition to your thoughts?  You came on to a CPA thread to beat your chest after a scrimmage but you think I shouldn’t post on your thread presenting a different view.

Deal, I won’t post on your threads anymore.

On a personal level I absolutely love this. These guys have thumped their chests about their program AND coach Brothers while taking shots at many schools. It's comical because everyone who sees these posts blasting their coach cringes at their lack if self awareness. Not to mention the CPA team they took shots at would beat them by four tds or more. I suppose playing in the lowest TN classification and beating up on Rural High School has made them immune from self awareness?

The kicker is they've also said they as fans don't care about NCSs other sports. Let me tell you this, the lower schools football teams are now playing their division rivals and see the competition they will face in HS and it's been a struggle. The girls sports have been the same and I have seen one of those teams up close (girls soccer)  and they too have some work to do. 

All the programs I have seen have great kids and the coaches have been first class. It's a shame those guys get on here and rip their coaches anonymously and don't go down to the school and make it public and/or give their names here. It's really poor form and cowardly.

5 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

On a personal level I absolutely love this. These guys have thumped their chests about their program AND coach Brothers while taking shots at many schools. It's comical because everyone who sees these posts blasting their coach cringes at their lack if self awareness. Not to mention the CPA team they took shots at would beat them by four tds or more. I suppose playing in the lowest TN classification and beating up on Rural High School has made them immune from self awareness?

The kicker is they've also said they as fans don't care about NCSs other sports. Let me tell you this, the lower schools football teams are now playing their division rivals and see the competition they will face in HS and it's been a struggle. The girls sports have been the same and I have seen one of those teams up close (girls soccer)  and they too have some work to do. 

All the programs I have seen have great kids and the coaches have been first class. It's a shame those guys get on here and rip their coaches anonymously and don't go down to the school and make it public and/or give their names here. It's really poor form and cowardly.

Playerscoach you're an idiot. Go build a birdhouse you old coot! 

• Upvote 1

Benchriderscoach, you come here running that mouth to a team that I told you and will still tell you coud rollDCA by 3 scores. We are still heavily in the hunt. The last time I had an exchange with you and was speaking confidently of our team, we had Wilhoite, another two way starting lineman and the best def coordinator in D2 football. We have lost all of that and I make no claims about being tops in our league. The one thing I do know is DCA aint. !@$!

3 minutes ago, carguy59 said:

Benchriderscoach, you come here running that mouth to a team that I told you and will still tell you coud rollDCA by 3 scores. We are still heavily in the hunt. The last time I had an exchange with you and was speaking confidently of our team, we had Wilhoite, another two way starting lineman and the best def coordinator in D2 football. We have lost all of that and I make no claims about being tops in our league. The one thing I do know is DCA aint. !@$!

Haha. Give us your name and go tell Brothers and the DC in person how terrible they are. That way, they will know like we all do you're just a big bag of hot air. BTW my oldest never played against NCS but my daughter has and she's a big reason for a mercy rule game against NCS and my youngest son had multiple tds in a lopsided game. 

DCA isn't going to win it this year ,or any time these next few years, and while I am not sure why the HC does some things I would never question him on a message board. Why? Because I'd go to the school and ask him face to face like a gown man should. Plus, I have more class than that. Not to mention he's won three gold balls, put kids in the SEC, and the NFL. 

The truth is your coaches devote their entire lives to the NCS program and have forgotten more about football than you'll ever know. So for you and your clown gang who whine about every loss just look stupid and classless. Luckily, the interaction most have with NCS fans and coaches have been great so you overly critical, hypersensitive children are clearly not the norm.

Its just a loss kiddo. It happens. Coaches aren't perfect and in case you didn't know the team on the other sideline have players and coaches too. I know you like to run your mouth and talk about how great your school is while running everyone else down but maybe, just maybe, you'll blossom into a mature adult and change? I have hope, not much though.

BTW ITT I picked DA by 3. Congrats to both teams for a very entertaining game.

1 hour ago, NCSdad23 said:

You seriously need to try and find yours or get off the football thread. Troll! 

Congrats!!! You made a post not flapping your gums about how much better NCS is while talking smack about another team. The most incredible thing you did is not publicly blast your HC and Ast coaches too!!!!!! Great job sport!!!!!

Its not Kansas anymore Dorothy so losing games is going to happen more often now that you're playing schools who have equal overal talent and coaching. Remember though, don't run off Brothers or the talent pipeline that suddenly appeared after a 40 year history of having very little, or you might go back to being a .500 program or less. 

Congrats on the post though!!! So proud of you!!! Lol

20 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Haha. Give us your name and go tell Brothers and the DC in person how terrible they are. That way, they will know like we all do you're just a big bag of hot air. BTW my oldest never played against NCS but my daughter has and she's a big reason for a mercy rule game against NCS and my youngest son had multiple tds in a lopsided game. 

DCA isn't going to win it this year ,or any time these next few years, and while I am not sure why the HC does some things I would never question him on a message board. Why? Because I'd go to the school and ask him face to face like a gown man should. Plus, I have more class than that. Not to mention he's won three gold balls, put kids in the SEC, and the NFL. 

The truth is your coaches devote their entire lives to the NCS program and have forgotten more about football than you'll ever know. So for you and your clown gang who whine about every loss just look stupid and classless. Luckily, the interaction most have with NCS fans and coaches have been great so you overly critical, hypersensitive children are clearly not the norm.

Its just a loss kiddo. It happens. Coaches aren't perfect and in case you didn't know the team on the other sideline have players and coaches too. I know you like to run your mouth and talk about how great your school is while running everyone else down but maybe, just maybe, you'll blossom into a mature adult and change? I have hope, not much though.

What makes you so sure that people have questioned Brothers behind closed doors? You have no idea what you your talking about in that regards. This is a football message board and fans talk great about their team when they win and are critical when in defeat. Not one person has said a word about Brothers as a man, but I'd you think you know football, you SHOULD realize Brothers put his QB in a no win situation by not playing to his strength. He isn't a kid that can throw it 40 yards in the air yet he is calling go routes. That's stupid on any coaching level.  Where are the slants, screens and underneath throws to play to the kids strength if you are going to throw the ball?  Why not punish the DA defense that had no answer for the run game(great effort by the O line).  Quinn did a great job of exposing Shaw as a DC. Stayed a step ahead all night. There is no half time adjustments with this staff. 

Lastly as for your claim Brothers has sent players to the SEC and NFL,  he did little to help Bituli. You can't dispute that. I am personal friends with mom and dad. Bituli would have gone from anywhere. Same with the Ole Miss kid and Lawless, who Brothers has done little to help. Again, he would go from anywhere. 

Where is Brothers as far as helping the other kids that want to play. My oldest son played for him and played in college. He never called or spoke on his behalf. He didn't do squat for the next level kid. He hasn't done a thing for Watson and nothing for the RB or Elliott. So please save me the butt kissing about him getting kids to the next level because it ain't true

3 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

You should be ashamed of yourself for not getting your daughters hormones checked. What position did she play, tackle? Linebacker? I dont remember even playing DCS in football, muchless being mercy ruled by them a team with a girl being a big part. But really man, its just not very feminine for a girl to play football! GEEZ!!!!

2 hours ago, OrangeEagle said:

What makes you so sure that people have questioned Brothers behind closed doors? You have no idea what you your talking about in that regards. This is a football message board and fans talk great about their team when they win and are critical when in defeat. Not one person has said a word about Brothers as a man, but I'd you think you know football, you SHOULD realize Brothers put his QB in a no win situation by not playing to his strength. He isn't a kid that can throw it 40 yards in the air yet he is calling go routes. That's stupid on any coaching level.  Where are the slants, screens and underneath throws to play to the kids strength if you are going to throw the ball?  Why not punish the DA defense that had no answer for the run game(great effort by the O line).  Quinn did a great job of exposing Shaw as a DC. Stayed a step ahead all night. There is no half time adjustments with this staff. 

Lastly as for your claim Brothers has sent players to the SEC and NFL,  he did little to help Bituli. You can't dispute that. I am personal friends with mom and dad. Bituli would have gone from anywhere. Same with the Ole Miss kid and Lawless, who Brothers has done little to help. Again, he would go from anywhere. 

Where is Brothers as far as helping the other kids that want to play. My oldest son played for him and played in college. He never called or spoke on his behalf. He didn't do squat for the next level kid. He hasn't done a thing for Watson and nothing for the RB or Elliott. So please save me the butt kissing about him getting kids to the next level because it ain't true

I personally know of a case where an all state player who has offers fron OVC schools was told he should just enjoy playing his senior year and count on this being the end of his football playing days. I know of letters being sent to NCS and not given to kids. I have heard him personally tell parents and kids not to attend camps. They are frowned upon at NCS. The kid who has offers from OVC schools has gotten his offers through camps- Brothers has not done a blank thing to help him! Brothers followed a pipeline of talent to NCS. Do you think he brought his dismal record from PJP and everyone followed? HAHA! State champ was won by players, not him. He is the reason we dont have the two best backs in the league. He ran the other one off. He cant communicate with parents in ways that make them want to leave their kids there. A state championship team could be built from the players who have left NCS in the last 4 years.

23 minutes ago, carguy59 said:

You should be ashamed of yourself for not getting your daughters hormones checked. What position did she play, tackle? Linebacker? I dont remember even playing DCS in football, muchless being mercy ruled by them a team with a girl being a big part. But really man, its just not very feminine for a girl to play football! GEEZ!!!!

That's your retort? Good grief. Weak attempt at making fun of a litte girl. I would say I expected more from you but I don't.