Region 7-2a playoff picture

cardfan

1 hour ago, BigEdMo said:

Who this year?  And yes I throw it in because where is Trezevant now. Sub 500 they were 2A the last two years. . There will not be a Memphis team in cookville in 1A 2A 3a 4a. White haven will be there 6a. Lausanne will be D2. Not sure about 5a. 

In 6A it will more than likely be Whitehaven and a much improve team in Germantown that will battle in the week 11 in Whitehaven. If I am not mistaken, the Red Devils are still undefeated, while Whitehaven only have 1 loss, and that was to Lausanne. They'll more than likely meet again in November, I do believe Germantown and Whitehaven are better than Arlington and Cordova. If either one advances to semifinal game, more than likely Brentwood or Cane Ridge will be the opponent. Which will be tough.

In 5A, it's Munford (if you consider Mumford being Memphis). That's it. But they'll have to battle Clarksville Northeast or Henry County in the quarters, and if they advanced, Beech or Summit will more than likely greet them on Black Friday. Ridgeway is simply down which has always been a powerhouse. But there's not much in 5A for Memphis teams.

In 4A, no one from Memphis. I would say Memphis East but they have been little dissapointing this year, so there matchup with Independence will tell me a lot more about them. Honestly, we are all waiting on Crockett County and Haywood (game 1) to matchup in Alamo on Friday. I will say this, whoever wins the Haywood and Crockett County game in November, will go to Cookeville. But neither the Tomcats and Cavaliers are "Memphis" teams. 

In 3A, it's Raleigh Egypt and I do believe the Pharros will go far in November. Melrose and Trezevant hasn't been the same either as both teams have to deal with coaching changes and Trezevant losing Richardson who's making an impact at UCF.

In 2A, it's no one

and 1A, no one as well, those are all the academies (MASE, MAHS, Middle College, etc,) and they don't have it.

When you're dealing with Memphis teams, you don't know who you're getting from at the Middle School level to play for your team. That's why you pretty much see teams have strides where they're really good for 5 years, but they are down simply because they don't have the quality of reinforcement coming in. Memphis East and Melrose will be prime examples of that, especially Melrose. 

16 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

In 6A it will more than likely be Whitehaven and a much improve team in Germantown that will battle in the week 11 in Whitehaven. If I am not mistaken, the Red Devils are still undefeated, while Whitehaven only have 1 loss, and that was to Lausanne. They'll more than likely meet again in November, I do believe Germantown and Whitehaven are better than Arlington and Cordova. If either one advances to semifinal game, more than likely Brentwood or Cane Ridge will be the opponent. Which will be tough.

In 5A, it's Munford (if you consider Mumford being Memphis). That's it. But they'll have to battle Clarksville Northeast or Henry County in the quarters, and if they advanced, Beech or Summit will more than likely greet them on Black Friday. Ridgeway is simply down which has always been a powerhouse. But there's not much in 5A for Memphis teams.

In 4A, no one from Memphis. I would say Memphis East but they have been little dissapointing this year, so there matchup with Independence will tell me a lot more about them. Honestly, we are all waiting on Crockett County and Haywood (game 1) to matchup in Alamo on Friday. I will say this, whoever wins the Haywood and Crockett County game in November, will go to Cookeville. But neither the Tomcats and Cavaliers are "Memphis" teams. 

In 3A, it's Raleigh Egypt and I do believe the Pharros will go far in November. Melrose and Trezevant hasn't been the same either as both teams have to deal with coaching changes and Trezevant losing Richardson who's making an impact at UCF.

In 2A, it's no one

and 1A, no one as well, those are all the academies (MASE, MAHS, Middle College, etc,) and they don't have it.

When you're dealing with Memphis teams, you don't know who you're getting from at the Middle School level to play for your team. That's why you pretty much see teams have strides where they're really good for 5 years, but they are down simply because they don't have the quality of reinforcement coming in. Memphis East and Melrose will be prime examples of that, especially Melrose. 

Man preaching to the choir. Raised in Memphis my whole life. I know the real deal. When Memphis feels the dust has settled then Memphis will be back to the same old tactics. So no there is no dominant team other than 6a. Mumford is not Memphis. They were not even Memphis when johnny Jones was there at Mumford. And Germantown has not been the same since coach Netherland was there. Kind shows my age there but letting you know been there done that. 

6 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Man preaching to the choir. Raised in Memphis my whole life. I know the real deal. When Memphis feels the dust has settled then Memphis will be back to the same old tactics. So no there is no dominant team other than 6a. Mumford is not Memphis. They were not even Memphis when johnny Jones was there at Mumford. And Germantown has not been the same since coach Netherland was there. Kind shows my age there but letting you know been there done that. 

I know Germantown hasn’t been the same, but this year they’re still undefeated and at this point in the season, can’t take those “undefeated” teams lightly. I just wish Briarcrest, MUS, and/or Christian Brothers find a way to take that next step. I would love for one of those three to be on the Brentwood Academy, MBA, Baylor/McCallie level, but they aren’t. 

19 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Who this year?  And yes I throw it in because where is Trezevant now. Sub 500 they were 2A the last two years. . There will not be a Memphis team in cookville in 1A 2A 3a 4a. White haven will be there 6a. Lausanne will be D2. Not sure about 5a. 

I see you still hating. It's good to know that we are still talked about on the 2A boards because we will be back..You were right about Trezevant going 500 but you had the reasons wrong.. Injuries and schedule contributed more than anything.  

31 minutes ago, willie2888 said:

I see you still hating. It's good to know that we are still talked about on the 2A boards because we will be back..You were right about Trezevant going 500 but you had the reasons wrong.. Injuries and schedule contributed more than anything.  

Hey willie good to hear from you. Haven't seen you on 3a threads either. Not hating just facts. That's the problem man with Memphis posters. Y'all scramble when things aren't going your way last year. And don't use the injury thing this year. Last year you posted when CR was hurt it did not matter about injuries. You said people just use that as an excuse. Scheduling? Last year you all boasted y'all schedule the best because y'all can beat anyone. Why the different sound. Just go on back and we will wait to hear from y'all in a couple of years when the recruiting kicks back in.And the heat dies down. HahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahaha hahahaha

Edited by BigEdMo

59 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Hey willie good to hear from you. Haven't seen you on 3a threads either. Not hating just facts. That's the problem man with Memphis posters. Y'all scramble when things aren't going your way last year. And don't use the injury thing this year. Last year you posted when CR was hurt it did not matter about injuries. You said people just use that as an excuse. Why the different sound. Just go on back and will wait to hear from y'all in a couple of years when the recruiting kicks back in.And the heat dies down. HahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahaha hahahaha

The real season starts next week for Trezevant..We don't recruit to Trezevant you should know that being from Memphis . So dont fool people on here into thinking that one.....By the way could you tell me why is there a two time championship coach not coaching?

16 minutes ago, willie2888 said:

The real season starts next week for Trezevant..We don't recruit to Trezevant you should know that being from Memphis . So dont fool people on here into thinking that one.....By the way could you tell me why is there a two time championship coach not coaching?

I don't know why he is not coaching. Do you know why Teli is not coaching. Inquiring minds want to know. And man recruiting goes on. Don't act like that. Look at basketball in Memphis. Who doesn't want to play at East for coach Penny. He is the head coach right? 

Edited by BigEdMo

On 10/10/2017 at 5:30 PM, cardfan said:

Sorry but they have lost every non region game they played.  And it is not a extremely tough schedule.  Not discounting them at all.  They will be good ball club and will not just roll over and let you take a win.  But any of the 4 playoff teams in 7-2a will have a distinct advantage when it comes to stre ngth of opponents.

Douglass has a better OOC win than any team in our region when they beat 5A Southwind.  Peabody beating Milan is the only comparable one. I only bring that up because it was said that they would be untested. They hung with Cordova, beat Southwind and still have MUS to play against. Don't know how much more you can beef up your schedule.

1 hour ago, toinemac said:

Douglass has a better OOC win than any team in our region when they beat 5A Southwind.  Peabody beating Milan is the only comparable one. I only bring that up because it was said that they would be untested. They hung with Cordova, beat Southwind and still have MUS to play against. Don't know how much more you can beef up your schedule.

Southwind?  Heck that is where I play golf. Don't throw southwind in with Milan. I will say Douglass will have athletes but I think and this is just my opinion. They will have everything thrown at them plus the kitchen sink and I am not sold that they are ready for that. But I may be wrong. Won't be the first time.  Ask ole Willie. 

Edited by BigEdMo

8 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

I don't know why he is not coaching. Do you know why Teli is not coaching. Inquiring minds want to know. And man recruiting goes on. Don't act like that. Look at basketball in Memphis. Who doesn't want to play at East for coach Penny. He is the head coach right? 

Recruiting may go on but not there. Basketball is a different monster down here on the other hand its more recruiting going on. IDK why Teli isnt coaching "THEY" said he cheated but noone has shown me any proof yet.