DII-A District & Region Playoffs

Booger

On 10/13/2017 at 0:47 PM, MountainVol said:

CAK has been challenged this year.  From watching ND, solid D, very little O, it should be a good game.  It is not likely either of these teams brings back the gold but one never knows.

ant nobody on here got no recent memory when Shims teams looked any different tahn just that...maybe a slight increase in the ability to score in near times; but not much

Booger just sayin ;)

CPA vs USN is going to be fun to watch here in the Middle Region. Championship. Lots of talent on both teams and a very well coached CPA team. They just don't make mistakes that beat themselves.

USN has a great all state forward in Courtney Rabb. She was too much for BGA's entire back line in their game today but had several great opportunities that she and her teammates didn't make. Not sure how many shots BGA had either? Has to be five or less?

If I was a betting man my DCA kiddos will be playing CAK at St Georges Wednesday. This is a rematch of an early season game last yeat that saw CAK win. Both teams can score so it might make for an interesting game?

Beat of luck to you all.

no east region championship for the Irish in the first year restructurin.....ND goes down to CAK in OT PKs....darn dey zha Vu

got to now compete gainst Lady Rams of Grace Knox.....the Irish beat them Baptist friday in the first ever FB match-up....maybe the Fightin Lady Irish can pull of a win gainst their Lady Soccer team monday and get that 3rd seatin.....in which case we would play BGA or DCA

...if not we shall take our 4th seatin to USJ......fun new times

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

1 hour ago, Booger said:

no east region championship for the Irish in the first year restructurin.....ND goes down to CAK in OT PKs....darn dey zha Vu

got to now compete gainst Lady Rams of Grace Knox.....the Irish beat them Baptist friday in the first ever FB match-up....maybe the Fightin Lady Irish can pull of a win gainst their Lady Soccer team monday and get that 3rd seatin.....in which case we would play BGA or DCA

...if not we shall take our 4th seatin to USJ......fun new times

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

Boog you likely wont be playing DCA as the middle #3 because our 2nd best attacker played in a meaningless SRPL game yesterday in Atlanta and skipped the CPA game. She scored against USN this week and could have had a 2nd to make it 3-3.

Note: this paragraph was deleted because I shouldn't express my very strong opinion about that decision.

Look for BGA to take the 3. Offensively there are opportunities vs BGA but not without all of DCAs attack and everyone healthy. If it was this past Tuesday DCA IMO would be very competitive with their attack vs BGA but it's not. 

DCA will be the 4 unless BGA falls apart.

Congrats coach G on the win. I saw the first half. Moving her to the right side created all types of problems for USN. 

I suppose you saw our anemic attack and our backs continue to get ran at. Matt will have to go back to the drawing board against CAK. Can't have a CF go 1 v 4 and expect good results. I'm sure he will come up with something?

Great job to both USN and CPA. It was a well played game with alot of talent. Especially your 8th grader. She's special.  

fortunately for all.....or unfortunately for all.....dependin on how one shall look at this new amzinly dezined post season playoff tree that the incredible minds of the T$$AA braintrust have assembled......you just keep travlin and playin and travlin and playin and travlin and playin......and if your pretty darned good you just keep playin and playin and playin and travlin

Booger just sayin :thumb:

2 hours ago, MountainVol said:

Under the new format, do all district teams advance win or lose or are cak, nd, dca, and usn out?

Top seeds (and this year second seed in the west) get a bye to the quarterfinals.

ECS

CCS

CPA

St. Georges

Then the following are a knock out round:

CAK vs DCA

USJ vs Notre Dame

USN vs FACS

Knox Grace vs BGA

12 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Congrats coach G on the win. I saw the first half. Moving her to the right side created all types of problems for USN. 

I suppose you saw our anemic attack and our backs continue to get ran at. Matt will have to go back to the drawing board against CAK. Can't have a CF go 1 v 4 and expect good results. I'm sure he will come up with something?

Great job to both USN and CPA. It was a well played game with alot of talent. Especially your 8th grader. She's special.  

assumin this game changer DCA has that played in the SLRP game the other day was once again not availible for play against BGA...the number of points scored in the CPA and BGA r similar....does she play defense.....sounds like yall need her to play in this upcomin CAK game to keep alive

Booger just sayin :?

1 hour ago, Booger said:

assumin this game changer DCA has that played in the SLRP game the other day was once again not availible for play against BGA...the number of points scored in the CPA and BGA r similar....does she play defense.....sounds like yall need her to play in this upcomin CAK game to keep alive

Booger just sayin :?

Nope she's an outside Forward. We can't relieve pressure to play the ball outside and back in to the CF. Everything has gone down the middle with Coach G devoting his HM to bracket our CF with the two CB's. Without the outside play as an option we haven't been able to possess or build an attack. We still had opportunities against both CPA and BGA going 1 v 3 and 1 v 4. However, the outside backs getting constantly ran it is hard to contain for 80 minutes. With that same kid DCA scored the same amount of goals against USN that CPA did and actually should have had another. Having a good offense helps the defense in every sport.

Coach Smith will figure it out and I'm sure has a good plan. CAK will also have a plan so it should be fun to watch.

Edited by Playerscoach