CCS @ ND

Booger

On 10/16/2017 at 9:44 AM, JohnnyRadcliff said:

This one will be another ugly win for the catlicks against the Sword of Joshua Indepemdent Full Gospel Pentecostal Assembly. Sportsmanship meetings shall be called. 264 yards of flags will be thrown. Irish win with running clock. 

Why, Johnny...are you implying that this video represents ND football?!  Are you saying ND football is arrogant and thugish?!  

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Spartan4Life said:

It doesn't get done against the Irish. At least not enough to make it competitive. I think he ran 40+ times with 5 of Webb's defensive starters out for the game and it wasn't enough to make it competitive. Webb also fumbled three snaps and literally gave it to CCS. He did add a second score late when Webb started making further substitutions. 

If CCS had even a decent passing attack this guy would rush for close to 2000 this year. As it stands just load the box and you've stopped them. 

Defensively Wynn will have a big day along with the other speedsters at ND. Webb was able to exploit CCS with speed even without Elijah Howard. This will be an easier win than I was hoping for for the Irish. Grace was the only team left on the regular season schedule that had a chance. Irish won't be challenged again until the second round of the playoffs. Some would say that about Webb as well, but we will see. 

I think Spartan's analysis is on target.  I will say this, though--the big RB for CCS is very good, and he is very hard to tackle.  Your D will wear itself out having to bring him down a few dozen times, but from what I've seen ND has plenty of depth for that not to be a huge factor.

3 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

It doesn't get done against the Irish. At least not enough to make it competitive. I think he ran 40+ times with 5 of Webb's defensive starters out for the game and it wasn't enough to make it competitive. Webb also fumbled three snaps and literally gave it to CCS. He did add a second score late when Webb started making further substitutions. 

If CCS had even a decent passing attack this guy would rush for close to 2000 this year. As it stands just load the box and you've stopped them. 

Defensively Wynn will have a big day along with the other speedsters at ND. Webb was able to exploit CCS with speed even without Elijah Howard. This will be an easier win than I was hoping for for the Irish. Grace was the only team left on the regular season schedule that had a chance. Irish won't be challenged again until the second round of the playoffs. Some would say that about Webb as well, but we will see. 

It's funny how people only see a game from their team's perspective. Webb literally "gave it to CCS" ... did CCS give it to Webb when Mondo fumbled early in the game setting up great field position for Webb? How about that fake put CCS tried to give Webb another touchdown? When Webb played ND, the 2 blocked puts were the difference and Webb gave it to ND, but it doesn't count when CCS gives it to Webb.

And did Webb "load the box" all night long? Did it work? I think Mondo ran for 220, so how about giving the kid some credit for gaining so many yards against the loaded box all night.

And all of the Webb players were missing and they still one the game ... but don't mention that our starting QB was out with mono. 

One thing for certain about this year ... Chattanooga Christian is the most under rated team in DII-AA ... they were picked to finish 18th out of 19 teams. Are they as good as Webb, ND, GCA? No, they're not ... but they are getting better ... and Mondo (along with most of the offense) is back next year.

22 minutes ago, OLDad said:

It's funny how people only see a game from their team's perspective. Webb literally "gave it to CCS" ... did CCS give it to Webb when Mondo fumbled early in the game setting up great field position for Webb? How about that fake put CCS tried to give Webb another touchdown? When Webb played ND, the 2 blocked puts were the difference and Webb gave it to ND, but it doesn't count when CCS gives it to Webb.

And did Webb "load the box" all night long? Did it work? I think Mondo ran for 220, so how about giving the kid some credit for gaining so many yards against the loaded box all night.

And all of the Webb players were missing and they still one the game ... but don't mention that our starting QB was out with mono. 

One thing for certain about this year ... Chattanooga Christian is the most under rated team in DII-AA ... they were picked to finish 18th out of 19 teams. Are they as good as Webb, ND, GCA? No, they're not ... but they are getting better ... and Mondo (along with most of the offense) is back next year.

Sure sounds to me like GCA better pack an extra couple sandwiches in those lunch pails if we're going to make that trip successful. I'm looking forward to seeing this stud run the ball.

We've sure had some good ones to corral this year.....Alcoa had several, Greenback's #6 is a complete stud, TKA's Willet is one of most underrated players in DII, Webb....enough said about those boys, ND....#3 made enough plays to head home happy......so, its on to Nooga and Mondo country next week after a preview trip to Silverdale. If nothing else, Mondo is a CLASSIC name for a big bruiser of a RB. Love it! Good luck to both teams this week......

1 hour ago, OLDad said:

Yes, GAVE. CCS did nothing to force fumbled snaps, that is all Webb. That's completely offensive error. Nothing forced.  The rest of the turnovers you mentioned are debatable as to whether they are give aways from the offense or take aways from the defense, in all honesty it's probably  both. But CCS did not FORCE Webb's QB to drop the ball from the center, that is Webb beating itself before the play even starts. So yes those are called gifts from our Senior QB (3 Year Starter) and Senior Center (3 year Starter). And those gifts were very frustrating and out of character. 

Yes, Webb loaded the box and that is one reason we got beat on a deep pass for a TD. Very good play call for CCS. Everyone was looking in the backfield and CSS snuck a WR and TE out. Nicely done. Mondo did run for 200+ but that was also on 40+ carries. So he averaged about 4.5-5 yards a carry which is really nice. Credit to him he is hard to bring down. 

If you've followed Webb this year however, you would know we don't have much depth and we've struggled to stop the run. So yes having 5 starters out (2 linebackers and a SS) does impact run support. About 60 of Mondo's yards came on the last drive when Webb had started to pull starters. As crazy at it seems... given the guys Webb had out I was surprised we didn't give up more yardage on the ground. Maybe we've toughed up a little bit since earlier in the season. Time will tell. 66 who is a freshman was forced into the starting role with the two linebackers and Elijah (who sometimes plays linebacker/nickleback) out. I liked the effort the young kid gave. He is tough and playing time will turn him into a really good ball player one day.    

I was unaware that CCS's quarterback was out. I have heard that even with him their wasn't much of a passing attack but I could have heard wrong. No dig's at CCS meant, I wish CCS all the best and hope they can knock of the Irish. I just don't think they will.

Luckily for you if they can't they will get another shot at Webb in Knoxville with their starting QB.]

For Sure! CCS is much better than predicted. I think the east will finish like this for the regular season.

1. Notre Dame

2. Webb

3. Grace Christian 

4. CCS

5. CAK (Could Switch with 6)

6. Boyd (Could Switch with 5)

7. Silverdale

Edited by Spartan4Life

1 hour ago, OLDad said:

That a baby, Old.  Pour that Webb kool-aid out.  I told Sparty they wouldn't stop your run.  If the Chargers had a little bit more speed, watch out!  

38 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

I'm sure IF all our teams got to add one IF it would make for a much better season. 

Mondo is beast, we can all agree on that. You see Sparty, some get on here to poke fun and stir the pot. Others want to boast. I just get on here to show off my prognostication prowess. Scratch me on the belly and we'll be friends for life. Kinda like Cousin Eddie and Clark. 

And if you don't mind Clark, I'd like to get something real nice for you. Something real nice!

3 hours ago, BoydBucFan said:

Mondo is beast, we can all agree on that. You see Sparty, some get on here to poke fun and stir the pot. Others want to boast. I just get on here to show off my prognostication prowess. Scratch me on the belly and we'll be friends for life. Kinda like Cousin Eddie and Clark. 

And if you don't mind Clark, I'd like to get something real nice for you. Something real nice!

:roflol::roflol:

8 hours ago, OLDad said:

And did Webb "load the box" all night long? Did it work? I think Mondo ran for 220, so how about giving the kid some credit for gaining so many yards against the loaddone ed box all night.

u just increased this thread by 3 pages and that is good for T.....what u have just done will cause the Suk Creek-Spartan to respond with no less than 3000 words....and sum stats

....hey jack...Sparty showed us all how Haslams Pilot Petro School of Knoxville shood have wun the game against the Irish.....when his coaches didnt even know what a goal line defense was

...lordy lordy she gonna ramble for ever now

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

8 hours ago, OLDad said:

Mongo like Shamrock Candy

Booger just sayin tenor.gif