Wilson Central-Lebanon

WCndaHouse

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/17/2017 at 5:59 AM, firstandgoal said:

A Lebanon win in either of their last two games (@ WC, @ Rossview) would give them their first true playoff berth since 2007. If WC wins out (LHS, @Station Camp) and Lebanon loses out then WC goes to the playoffs. So very important game Friday night.

It seems like Lebanon's hitting a little bit of a wall right now. After jumping out to a 27-7 lead over Station Camp they had to hold off a furious rally for a 34-32 win with SC failing to convert a 2pt conversion to tie. Then the next week Lebanon looked pretty lifeless in a 19-14 loss @Coffee Co. 

Mobile QBs seem to give Lebanon problems. What type of system does WC run? I know they beat LaVergne 38-14 last time out and Lebanon beat Lavergne 31-26 earlier this season. They obviously both were shutout by MJ, while LHS beat Hendersonville and Hendersonville beat WC. Those are the common opponents thus far. 

Momentum seems to be on WC’s side right now so I’ll say they win 24-17. 

Lavergne's QB didn't play against WC. You take a 6'2 SR quarterback who throws for over 200 yards a game out of that offense and they are a completely different team.

Both got shutout by Mount Juliet. Lebanon's starting qb and best offensive player Crite didn't play in that game.

As you mentioned Lebanon beat Hendersonville and Wilson Central lost to Hendersonville. I will say that Hendersonville is a better team than Lebanon they just got outcoached that night in my opinion.

I wouldn't say that Wilson Central has the momentum. They are 2-6 with wins over Overton (0-8) and Lavergne (2-6) who didn't have their starting quarterback.

Yeah Lebanon didn't look too impressive in the last 2 games. They had to fight off a comeback by Station Camp and lose a close one to Coffee County. But they also had some key players get injured against Coffee County.

I think these two teams are pretty even and pose threats for the others weaknesses.

Wilson Central has allowed +180 yards rushing in every game except for against Overton and Smyrna. Lebanon's strength is the running game.

Lebanon has given up big plays in the passing game against Lavergne and Antioch. Wilson Central has made big plays consistently.

Wilson Central has turned the ball over consistently throughout the season giving their opponents many easy scoring opportunities. Lebanon's defense has consistently created turnovers and given their offense easy scoring opportunities.

Lebanon has that losing streak to WC and a playoff spot on the line. You would think they show up for this game.

7 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Lavergne's QB didn't play against WC. You take a 6'2 SR quarterback who throws for over 200 yards a game out of that offense and they are a completely different team.

Both got shutout by Mount Juliet. Lebanon's starting qb and best offensive player Crite didn't play in that game.

As you mentioned Lebanon beat Hendersonville and Wilson Central lost to Hendersonville. I will say that Hendersonville is a better team than Lebanon they just got outcoached that night in my opinion.

I wouldn't say that Wilson Central has the momentum. They are 2-6 with wins over Overton (0-8) and Lavergne (2-6) who didn't have their starting quarterback.

Yeah Lebanon didn't look too impressive in the last 2 games. They had to fight off a comeback by Station Camp and lose a close one to Coffee County. But they also had some key players get injured against Coffee County.

I think these two teams are pretty even and pose threats for the others weaknesses.

Wilson Central has allowed +180 yards rushing in every game except for against Overton and Smyrna. Lebanon's strength is the running game.

Lebanon has given up big plays in the passing game against Lavergne and Antioch. Wilson Central has made big plays consistently.

Wilson Central has turned the ball over consistently throughout the season giving their opponents many easy scoring opportunities. Lebanon's defense has consistently created turnovers and given their offense easy scoring opportunities.

Lebanon has that losing streak to WC and a playoff spot on the line. You would think they show up for this game.

Didn’t know that the Lavergne QB didn’t play vs WC. He put up huge #’s passing vs LHS that led to the late rally. Yeah Lavergne didn’t have much outside of him and that WR #3. That makes me feel better about this game. Go Blue Devils!

On 10/16/2017 at 0:52 PM, WCndaHouse said:

We finally played well against LaVergne, and we have the look of a team that can make some noise down the stretch. We finish with two cupcakes then off to Rutherford County for the playoffs. Lebanon is improved, but they won't be a match for us. It may be close for a while, but I'm going Wilson Central- 34, Lebanon- 14.

Go Wildcats!!!!!

I guess Wilson Central choked on that cupcake.

Lebanon 19

Wilson Central 7

Final

You wanna talk about an ugly game.

There was probably around 15 penalties on both teams a good chunk of them questionable. Both teams had some big plays wiped out by penalties.

Wilson Central probably had 6 turnovers and put the ball on the ground alot. They had 4 interceptions and several of them were in the red zone.

Both teams got chippy in the 2nd half and there was alot of talking on the field.

Wow WCNDAHOUSE: you do this to yourself buddy. You had to be on some liquid courage when you made this post. The WC-Lebanon streak is over, WC will be cleaning out lockers this time next week. Are you calling for the staff to be let go? It's a sad sad day in Gladeville. A new low. 

Edited by OldBear33

I had heard about the WC turnover bug all year but it was unbelievable how much they just couldn’t get out of their own way. I counted 5 trips inside the 10 yard line for the Wildcats and they came away with no points on all those possessions. This game was all about penalties and turnovers for both teams. Hard to watch, no flow to the game. 

Lebanon travels to Rossview and could finish anywhere from 2nd to 4th.