Mr. Football in 6A

5 hours ago, OldBear33 said:

And your opinion means little to nothing. You aren't on the committee at the TSSAA that is going to decide Mr Football. If your simple mind would have paid attention to what I said you would know that the award will be decided in the next 6 weeks. 

It'll be 4 weeks.  Foutch and Hylick are the best RB's in Wilson County.  MJ loses in the 2nd round because they haven't played anyone.  Rutherford County, Maryville, Cookeville (surprisingly) or any Memphis squad is going to beat this team.  If I'm on the TSSAA committee I'm going to look at who MJ played and here are 4 of those squads with the updated records in front .... pitiful:

1-7 Aug. 18, 2017 Fri Glencliff High School  W 55-0
0-8 Aug. 25, 2017 Fri at John Overton High School  W 38-0
2-6 Sep. 15, 2017 Fri Wilson Central High School *  W 35-0
1-7 Sep. 22, 2017 Fri Northwest High School  W 43-0

I might have a simple mind but I know facts.  You my friend do not.  Any reasonable person can look at this and say MJ stats mean nothing compared to who they have played.  4-28 speaks for itself.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please include School, Name and most importantly, their jersey numbers (this is what we turn in on the ballot).   Any stats to support your nominee appreciated.    This year, only one Mr. Football per class so nominate backs and lineman here along with any kicker you deem worthy (Only one award for entire State at kicker).  Thanks

Mike Molder

Friday Main Event

10 minutes ago, coach10ac said:

I think Jaylend "mad dog" sanders from da haven to be in the convo somewhere. This kid has been phenomenal at the DE spot. He practically shut down cordova on his own. He had bout 25 tackles in that one game, not to mention all the sacks and TFL's he has so far. 

25 tackles in one game? And they kept running his way sheesh..

9 hours ago, coach10ac said:

I think Jaylend "mad dog" sanders from da haven to be in the convo somewhere. This kid has been phenomenal at the DE spot. He practically shut down cordova on his own. He had bout 25 tackles in that one game, not to mention all the sacks and TFL's he has so far. 

Is there some way to get a hold of his stats? I'm curious myself. Mad Dog has been phenomenal this season. He's an absolute beast. 

Edited by kwc

9 hours ago, riots said:

there are several D-lineman that need to be in the mix. 

100% agree but the brains at TSSAA chose to take away lineman/skill players.  Other than 5 stars, no lineman will ever win Mr. Football again.  Terrible decision:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/08/14/tssaa-makes-changes-mr-football-awards/564135001/

1 hour ago, RamTough41 said:

I think that one of the best all around athletes in Div I 6A is Science Hills #11 Jaylan Adams QB/DB. This season he has over 1,300 yds passing, 1,200 yds rushing and combined 30 TD's.

That's pretty impressive. Does he start in the defensive backfield, or, is that just the other position he plays?

1 hour ago, kwc said:

That's pretty impressive. Does he start in the defensive backfield, or, is that just the other position he plays?

He has played DB in past but is being recruited for DB at his first college offer. He has played only 1 play at safety this year and has a INT. Playing only QB this year for HS. Played DB and slot WR for 7v7 team this spring and summer.