AAA at state

fernando9

Middle TN

I'm familiar with these teams and the TSC ECNL players on each. Brentwood is the most talented IMO but has had too many injuries to it's best players.  Vandy GK Commit Devine is outstanding though so she can keep them in games. Franklin is just down compared to years past. Even though they have a US National pool player, and Clemson commit Harper White, she doesn't have the surrounding cast as previous Franklin teams.  Oakland has SEC recruit Monica Mulaney but they don't have the depth as the Memphis schools. 

I think it will take a healthy dose of excellent play and luck for any of those three to win it.

6 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Middle TN

I'm familiar with these teams and the TSC ECNL players on each. Brentwood is the most talented IMO but has had too many injuries to it's best players.  Vandy GK Commit Devine is outstanding though so she can keep them in games. Franklin is just down compared to years past. Even though they have a US National pool player, and Clemson commit Harper White, she doesn't have the surrounding cast as previous Franklin teams.  Oakland has SEC recruit Monica Mulaney but they don't have the depth as the Memphis schools. 

I think it will take a healthy dose of excellent play and luck for any of those three to win it.

Man, you know absolutely everyone in TN soccer.

4 hours ago, BigG said:

Man, you know absolutely everyone in TN soccer.

Coach you have absolutely given Booger the ammunition to make fun of me again. Lol

I only know a few people, coaches, and players associated with my daughters travel team. Cece and Molly know those same folks. :)

Good luck in the semis and beyond!!! BTW your buddy at CAK played the same defense you did against Faith. It's weird how that happened? Lol

16 hours ago, BigG said:

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Lol!!! I have sources that alledge you gave him the book on defending the wildcats and he added the 15 hard fouls as a good measure.  Now, let me be clear that I am not saying you were ignoring your allegiance to your Middle Region friend and fellow coach, Matt Smith. I am just relaying what my confidential source told me. :)

BTW I thought flattery is the highest form of flattery oh great coach G? :)

Best of luck! We are going to try and make it Friday for the championship!!!! 

Edited by Playerscoach

14 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Lol!!! I have sources that alledge you gave him the book on defending the wildcats and he added the 15 hard fouls as a good measure.  Now, let me be clear that I am not saying you were ignoring your allegiance to your Middle Region friend and fellow coach, Matt Smith. I am just relaying what my confidential source told me. :)

BTW I thought flattery is the highest form of flattery oh great coach G? :)

Best of luck! We are going to try and make it Friday for the championship!!!! 

Well, of COURSE you have an inside source...

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know to man mark a forward that scores goals.

And the man worked here for 16 years, and even taught some of the girls who are on the team.  Do you not think they would reach out to him?

Wouldn't be surprised if he sent Coach Smith some insights, as well...  for allegiance sake.

26 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Well, of COURSE you have an inside source...

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know to man mark a forward that scores goals.

And the man worked here for 16 years, and even taught some of the girls who are on the team.  Do you not think they would reach out to him?

Wouldn't be surprised if he sent Coach Smith some insights, as well...  for allegiance sake.

Wasn't just a "man mark" but almost exactly the way G did it. Except for the fouls part. :) The 18 year old center ref from Kings Academy could have called two more fouls in the box had he been so inclined. Good, clean physical play with nothing  dirty though. CAK had a good plan with a sweeper, at times, 25 yards behind the CF and bracketed by two outside backs. She got her shots but most were contested very well.

They all talk. It's a great community of coaches from what I have heard.