G$ getting outcoached

unclejessee37659

It appears GS must be getting a little scared of the performance that his team put up. He must have had a lot of concussions when he played or have some really big balls. The new coach in place seems to be a little more knowledgeable than that of  bus driver and get back coach. How can they put up over 300 yards passing in just 4 days amist all the drama and defense played well in 2nd half. if anyone knows about the new coach please share.on to the dirt,  Rumors are that GS is so scared in fact that he decided to take the 2 Colley brothers to DB today for a visit which breaks the reprimand letter he posted on twitter. Wonder is this is a TSSAA violation as well cause he is still the coach. Then he mentioned giving kids money in his live feed tonight. HE must just be a bully. I wonder if those kids are just scared of him. THis is sad that an adult who has all the money necessary (so he says)  is dragging these 2 brothers into the situation. I wonder if the Colley mom or dad even knows cause if not then he needs to be arrested for kidnapping

Edited by unclejessee37659

6 hours ago, unclejessee37659 said:

...... How can they put up over 300 yards passing in just 4 days.....

Because Boone has ALWAYS gotten roasted by a good passing team and sadly I think we always will.    Fortunately for us Crockett just ran out of time last week and could not get the tying score.     Crockett's passing offense was spectacular, and I don't mean just passing/catching, let's not forget about the line blocking... their QB had all day on nearly every play.     Considering all the Crockett team has endured the past few weeks, I thought they looked very sharp.     If all things stay the same I expect Crockett to win big against Morristown this week and then make some noise in the playoffs too.

8 hours ago, unclejessee37659 said:

It appears GS must be getting a little scared of the performance that his team put up. He must have had a lot of concussions when he played or have some really big balls. The new coach in place seems to be a little more knowledgeable than that of  bus driver and get back coach. How can they put up over 300 yards passing in just 4 days amist all the drama and defense played well in 2nd half. if anyone knows about the new coach please share.on to the dirt,  Rumors are that GS is so scared in fact that he decided to take the 2 Colley brothers to DB today for a visit which breaks the reprimand letter he posted on twitter. Wonder is this is a TSSAA violation as well cause he is still the coach. Then he mentioned giving kids money in his live feed tonight. HE must just be a bully. I wonder if those kids are just scared of him. THis is sad that an adult who has all the money necessary (so he says)  is dragging these 2 brothers into the situation. I wonder if the Colley mom or dad even knows cause if not then he needs to be arrested for kidnapping

You have 3 post here on CoachT.  "I wonder" if you're a member of the Washington Co. school board? There's a rumor that says you are.  LOL!

Edited by WaCoJaCo

I watched a little of the live stream he did last night on his social media accounts. He was actively recruiting kids to play at DB. He even said he could secure housing in Kingsport for any kid that wants to transfer. If I was DB I would be very very wary having him around my football program. He's already committing TSSAA rules violations by trying to recruit kids over there. You'd think he'd know that.

1 hour ago, WBNC83 said:

I watched a little of the live stream he did last night on his social media accounts. He was actively recruiting kids to play at DB. He even said he could secure housing in Kingsport for any kid that wants to transfer. If I was DB I would be very very wary having him around my football program. He's already committing TSSAA rules violations by trying to recruit kids over there. You'd think he'd know that.

GS has a very, very weak grasp of rules and laws.  His Facebook rants about "the real problems in Washington County" show that much.  Any time he tries to talk about laws and "how things really work" he horribly screws it up and comes off as a moron.

It makes his "I didn't practice that player" line seem even flimsier.  He released the texts of the trainer telling him that he couldn't do that, then tried to claim that showed the trainer agreed the kid didn't practice.  Now he's recruiting for D-B, but of course he'll say he's not even though he's on camera doing exactly that.

It would be funny if D-B gets in serious trouble with the TSSAA now that GS has guaranteed to "secure housing" for players who'd rather come to D-B (and mostly ride the pine?).  If any players transfer from DC to D-B, the admin at DC would be perfectly right to alert the TSSAA and see if they actually do something about illegal recruiting in our area for once.  It's happened for years, but this is the most brazen example of it that I've ever seen.

Edited by BlueDevil58

1 hour ago, BlueDevil58 said:

It would be funny if D-B gets in serious trouble with the TSSAA now that GS has guaranteed to "secure housing" for players who'd rather come to D-B (and mostly ride the pine?).  If any players transfer from DC to D-B, the admin at DC would be perfectly right to alert the TSSAA and see if they actually do something about illegal recruiting in our area for once.  It's happened for years, but this is the most brazen example of it that I've ever seen.

I wouldn't think that DB would get into trouble for that, considering GS is NOT affiliated to DB at all.  And hopefully NO parent would ever AGREE to move their son to DB based on what GS has "guaranteed".  

1 minute ago, MomTo81 said:

I wouldn't think that DB would get into trouble for that, considering GS is NOT affiliated to DB at all.  And hopefully NO parent would ever AGREE to move their son to DB based on what GS has "guaranteed".  

The thing is that he is "indirectly affiliated" with D-B.  He's an alum, he coached there a  year ago, and he's donated a ton of money to them over the years.  I don't think that Graham Clark put him up to saying this, but the TSSAA specifically mentions that it's illegal for both "directly affiliated" and "indirectly affiliated" people to recruit for a public school.  Boosters can't go out and do things to lure kids to a program, either, and GS is definitely a D-B booster.

You see similar stuff screw up colleges a lot of times.  USC, Alabama, and Miami have all gotten into a lot of trouble with the NCAA over the years when boosters with no direct ties to the school were offering housing, cars, and cash to recruits or the families of recruits to go to their chosen programs.  This is exactly the same type of situation here.  The TSSAA rules are different than the NCAA's, but it's the same concept.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BlueDevil58 said:

The thing is that he is "indirectly affiliated" with D-B.  He's an alum, he coached there a  year ago, and he's donated a ton of money to them over the years.  I don't think that Graham Clark put him up to saying this, but the TSSAA specifically mentions that it's illegal for both "directly affiliated" and "indirectly affiliated" people to recruit for a public school.  Boosters can't go out and do things to lure kids to a program, either, and GS is definitely a D-B booster.

You see similar stuff screw up colleges a lot of times.  USC, Alabama, and Miami have all gotten into a lot of trouble with the NCAA over the years when boosters with no direct ties to the school were offering housing, cars, and cash to recruits or the families of recruits to go to their chosen programs.  This is exactly the same type of situation here.  The TSSAA rules are different than the NCAA's, but it's the same concept.

Wow, I had no idea how bad it was getting up there.  I just hope the kids can stay innocent in this and play the game that they love.  

1 hour ago, BlueDevil58 said:

GS has a very, very weak grasp of rules and laws.  His Facebook rants about "the real problems in Washington County" show that much.  Any time he tries to talk about laws and "how things really work" he horribly screws it up and comes off as a moron.

It makes his "I didn't practice that player" line seem even flimsier.  He released the texts of the trainer telling him that he couldn't do that, then tried to claim that showed the trainer agreed the kid didn't practice.  Now he's recruiting for D-B, but of course he'll say he's not even though he's on camera doing exactly that.

But with your rants on CoachT it evens things out. Get it?

Come on guys, if DB was recruiting players there would be a gold ball or 3 in the trophy case.   I have heard this garbage all my life....  some family in Virginia has a stud athlete and shazaaam all of a sudden a "position" opens up at Eastman for the parent(s)...      If Volunteer or Cental or whatever kids want to come to DB or Science Hill or ___________, and there is no doubt that happens, its not because they are being recruited.   Kids can't even keep a secret for 5 seconds, especially now in the digital age..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Come on guys, if DB was recruiting players there would be a gold ball or 3 in the trophy case.   I have heard this garbage all my life....  some family in Virginia has a stud athlete and shazaaam all of a sudden a "position" opens up at Eastman for the parent(s)...      If Volunteer or Cental or whatever kids want to come to DB or Science Hill or ___________, and there is no doubt that happens, its not because they are being recruited.   Kids can't even keep a secret for 5 seconds, especially now in the digital age..

Yep, story of our lives here in Maryville too.