Round 1 Rhea Co. vs Knox West

Rhea Co.

Rhea can win this game but not by playing sloppy and having these occasional meltdown drives where the entire offense seems out of sync. This has happened in almost every game this season -the offense will look unstoppable for a series or two and then come out and look like they have never been on the field together. Inconsistent line play, penalties and mental mistakes will lead to turnovers against a defense like West. The move away from the "wing gun" as the base offense has helped and the O-line has improved but I am still waiting to see the Eagle offense put it all together for a whole 4 quarters. 

Hopefully tonight it will all come together. The real season starts tonight.

GO EAGLES!!!!

1 hour ago, RCfan said:

Rhea can win this game but not by playing sloppy and having these occasional meltdown drives where the entire offense seems out of sync. This has happened in almost every game this season -the offense will look unstoppable for a series or two and then come out and look like they have never been on the field together. Inconsistent line play, penalties and mental mistakes will lead to turnovers against a defense like West. The move away from the "wing gun" as the base offense has helped and the O-line has improved but I am still waiting to see the Eagle offense put it all together for a whole 4 quarters. 

Hopefully tonight it will all come together. The real season starts tonight.

GO EAGLES!!!!

Very true, we can not turn the ball over or have those mental mistakes now. I will say since we have gone back to the old offense we have looked better and scored more, but still the inconsistencies have hurt no matter which offense we have been in. 

It’s playoff football time now. Go Eagles!

On October 29, 2017 at 7:27 PM, Eagle4life55 said:

We should get through this one pretty easy. The game on Friday against a very good Cane Ridge team was much closer than the score. If we don't have a holding on the first drive that pushed us back and caused the FG attempt to be short, then have bad luck on 2 straight kickoff returns in the first half that gave them the short field, we are leading at the half and would hold them off. Plus, we had the fumble on the first play of the second half that turned into a short field and the TD that sealed it. Just a few plays and we beat a very good team that is probably better than anyone we could potentially face the rest of the way. This week and next should be relatively easy and then we just have to play a solid game against Catholic to see who gets to go the rest of the way.

I agree with the part where you said that next week will be easy relatively easy for you - the rest of the post I will have to disagree on.  Great game Rebels.