#2 Cookeville hosting #3 Rossview

THE SQUAD

9 minutes ago, Budman said:

Really dont think Cookeville can match the speed of Rossview. This could be the big difference between the teams. CH looks to have a big O line but struggles to get second level blocks. 

Cookeville has played teams with far more speed than Rossview and beat them

• Upvote 1

On 10/30/2017 at 10:52 PM, AlwaysAPatriot said:

I agree here. Pearl Cohn is REALLY fast!! Many are picking them to make it to Cookeville in December.

Blackman is fast all over the field. Cookeville may not have speed all over the place, but beating those 2 teams says a lot about their ability to contain speed.

Uhhh... Thank you. We can handle the speed. They always say how Cookeville doesn't have the "speed". We've got big time speed at every skill position and plenty at the other positions. Nobody's speed has beat us this year, Oakland just ran us over. Nobody will surprise us with speed after a regular season in 3/6A. 

Edited by THE SQUAD

1 hour ago, THE SQUAD said:

Uhhh... Thank you. We can handle the speed. They always say how Cookeville doesn't have the "speed". We've got big time speed at every skill position and plenty at the other positions. Nobody's speed has beat us this year, Oakland just ran us over. Nobody will surprise us with speed after a regular season in 3/6A. 

I think Cookeville is pretty dang good!! We were a great kickoff return and a pick off of a screen away from a tie ball game in the 4th. Our depth really began to show up late, but the game wasn't NEAR as bad as the score!

7 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

I think Cookeville is pretty dang good!! We were a great kickoff return and a pick off of a screen away from a tie ball game in the 4th. Our depth really began to show up late, but the game wasn't NEAR as bad as the score!

You're right brother that was basically a 1 touchdown game for the most part. Blocked punt for a TD, long kickoff return after a penalty forced a re kick, and a pick in our own territory. 

Not saying we would have ever beaten the Patriots cause I think y'all are the class of the state, but we held our own for the most part. Good luck Brothers!