Whitehaven vs Collierville (region 8 round 1)

Haven04

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, dannyq said:

What a horribly called game last night. I don't know how they sleep at night doing what they do to children. Hat's off to Collierville who played with alot of heart. I think some programs should have their I on that QB.

Speaking of QB's....would have been nice to see what  the Havens offense looks like with the Kirby QB. He was supposed to be part of that team. Wasn't given the opportunity to compete for the spot so he went to Kirby. Louisville bound! Great story. 

I'm sure coach and staff are kicking themselves. Sometimes we let good ones get away. We'll keep our eye on the QB situation @ the haven. 9-2 not too shabby though

He wasn't gone  come in and start if that's what you are implying. But he would have had a chance to learn behind the senior we had...no we won't get them all because we not gone tell them they gonna start like some others do. All of them not no where near ready as a freshman. But yet we win with what we have...my guy is flowers is doin good at kirby but they not goin anywhere. 

Edited by coach10ac

3 hours ago, Respect901fball said:

Speaking of QB's....would have been nice to see what  the Havens offense looks like with the Kirby QB. He was supposed to be part of that team. Wasn't given the opportunity to compete for the spot so he went to Kirby. Louisville bound! Great story. 

I'm sure coach and staff are kicking themselves. Sometimes we let good ones get away. We'll keep our eye on the QB situation @ the haven. 9-2 not too shabby though

Why on earth would the staff be kicking themselves? Whitehaven won the state championship last year with a Sr QB. There is competition for every position. Whitehaven isn't void of talent at that position. Sounds like he did the right thing in going to Kirby. Good for him!

32 minutes ago, kwc said:

Why on earth would the staff be kicking themselves? Whitehaven won the state championship last year with a Sr QB. There is competition for every position. Whitehaven isn't void of talent at that position. Sounds like he did the right thing in going to Kirby. Good for him!

Maybe kicking themselves was a poor choice of words. They definitely have talent at the QB position. He can make throws, but is more of a run first guy. I guess from a fans perspective, it would have been fun to see how the offense looks with a guy that can sling it. He wasn't ready last year, I'm referring to this year and next. 

5 hours ago, Respect901fball said:

Maybe kicking themselves was a poor choice of words. They definitely have talent at the QB position. He can make throws, but is more of a run first guy. I guess from a fans perspective, it would have been fun to see how the offense looks with a guy that can sling it. He wasn't ready last year, I'm referring to this year and next. 

Whitehaven has had guys who sling it (T-Money Mitchell and Jordan Williams) and we've had running QBs (Pat Smith and Leslie Mosby). We know what it looks like either way.

However, we won both Championships with "running" QBs. We won a silver ball with a QB who could really 'spin it's.

So, either way ... we're good.

35 minutes ago, kwc said:

Whitehaven has had guys who sling it (T-Money Mitchell and Jordan Williams) and we've had running QBs (Pat Smith and Leslie Mosby). We know what it looks like either way.

However, we won both Championships with "running" QBs. We won a silver ball with a QB who could really 'spin it's.

So, either way ... we're good.

I'm familiar what you've had in the past. As I said, from a fans perspective I would liked to have seen the young man play with this team...that's all.  You can spin this how you want but the offense is still a work in progress. Having a QB like that would help.  You guys have won championships because of your defense. And a ground and pound run game is the basis of the O. Again, I would love to see them with a QB of that caliber THIS year. I'm sure I'm not by myself on this one. Well coached team but a bit limited this year.

32 minutes ago, Respect901fball said:

I'm familiar what you've had in the past. As I said, from a fans perspective I would liked to have seen the young man play with this team...that's all.  You can spin this how you want but the offense is still a work in progress. Having a QB like that would help.  You guys have won championships because of your defense. And a ground and pound run game is the basis of the O. Again, I would love to see them with a QB of that caliber THIS year. I'm sure I'm not by myself on this one. Well coached team but a bit limited this year.

Working on it!

5 hours ago, Respect901fball said:

Defense travels. It's our identity.

It's apparent you don't believe the current QB is 'of that caliber', or else you wouldn't belabor the point. So, since you "are not alone on this", why don't you expound a little.

Edited by kwc

14 hours ago, Respect901fball said:

Facts and with us being 11 games in the season it's kinda sad that that's the case.