Whitehaven vs Collierville (region 8 round 1)

Haven04

9 hours ago, kwc said:

Defense travels. It's our identity.

It's apparent you don't believe the current QB is 'of that caliber', or else you wouldn't belabor the point. So, since you "are not alone on this", why don't you expound a little.

Ground and pound and great D is the HAVEN way.  I think we're on the same side.  I LOVE 901 FOOTBALL. The fact remains that you have a QB who is a ACC CALIBER QB and you have one who isn't right now.  I don't know about you, but I'm sure most coaching staffs would love to have that type of quarterback leading their team. I'm not taking anything away from the young man at Whitehaven.  He's doing a great job, they are 9-2.  I'm sure Coach could put you in at QB and make it work.  That's what he does. 

So... to answer your question.. NO he isn't the same CALIBER.  not yet. 

Do you really think he is? ... and I don't want to make this about the QB.  These are high school students and the last thing I want to do is seemingly speak negative about them.  Great athletes both of them!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 pts is enough to win a game. It was enough to win state last year!! It's the playoffs. Every game from here on out is gone be a fight. Plus mistakes and terrible officiating is what made these games so close. QB at this point is the least of our worries... I repeat what's already been stated. This is the year to beat whitehaven because we actually are a very young team!! Over all the soph class is carrying the team. But the future is sparkling....don't be surprised if we end up playing the next 2 games at home...

8 hours ago, Respect901fball said:

Ground and pound and great D is the HAVEN way.  I think we're on the same side.  I LOVE 901 FOOTBALL. The fact remains that you have a QB who is a ACC CALIBER QB and you have one who isn't right nowI don't know about you, but I'm sure most coaching staffs would love to have that type of quarterback leading their team. I'm not taking anything away from the young man at Whitehaven.  He's doing a great job, they are 9-2.  I'm sure Coach could put you in at QB and make it work.  That's what he does. 

So... to answer your question.. NO he isn't the same CALIBER.  not yet. 

Do you really think he is? ... and I don't want to make this about the QB.  These are high school students and the last thing I want to do is seemingly speak negative about them.  Great athletes both of them!

BLUE = Agreed. Black = Agreed. Red = But it has already been done when it was suggested that the current staff would/should drop VJ and take the young man at Kirby ... for whatever reason.

We are talking about two different systems run by two different coordinators with two different sets of coaches (Position Coach, Offensive Coordinator, Head Coach). The QB at Kirby has found the right spot for HIM. Whitehaven wasn't for him. VJ has found the right spot for him at Whitehaven. If the young man that is at Kirby were still at Whitehaven, who knows what would be the current situation.

I have a saying ...  "Everybody can't coach everybody!"

There are way too many variables (Style of play, Parential influence, Family Influence, Coaching Influence, Coaching Style ... just to name a few) going on then to just say ... if the young man that is at Kirby were at Whitehaven, then Whitehaven would be better because he is being recruited by the ACC. In theory, if EVERYTHING were equal, you could make such a sweeping statement. But everything ISN'T equal. The young man who is currently at Kirby left Whitehaven. Whether he had a fair shot is open to debate. He left. It appears to have worked out for him. Everyone doesn't fit into every situation. 

I'm glad we have VJ. I don't care about the young man at Kirby. Evidently, he's found a home and he is flourishing. Whitehaven is rolling with VJ. VJ and Coach Dillard work well together. That's all that matters. He is the leader of THIS offense.

Edited by kwc