White House Football

Devil21

2 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Not sure how a team that went 0-10 last year can all of a sudden be "loaded" this year.  If they played the same schedule as last year I bet they would be a 5-5 team at best.

At this point you might just be trolling me lol but whatever.  There were a lot of juniors and a few sophomores on this team that played big roles and some of them started last year too.  I think a year of growth and experience makes a huge difference especially sophomore to junior year.  Plus number 11 wasn't there last year either and he's really good.  And as far as the schedule goes we probably don't beat pearl, but the rest of the games are definitely winnable for this years team.  Of course this is all just opinion.  

2 hours ago, Copacanobra13 said:

At this point you might just be trolling me lol but whatever.  There were a lot of juniors and a few sophomores on this team that played big roles and some of them started last year too.  I think a year of growth and experience makes a huge difference especially sophomore to junior year.  Plus number 11 wasn't there last year either and he's really good.  And as far as the schedule goes we probably don't beat pearl, but the rest of the games are definitely winnable for this years team.  Of course this is all just opinion.  

Not trolling...just having a discussion.  I appreciate your passion even though I don't agree.  I believe that Porter and most high school coaches work extremely hard to build a program that young men can be proud of.  They spend hours upon hours away from families for pennies an hour.  In today's day and age spoiled kids and parents are ruining high school sports.  Hate to see a classy guy like Porter have peewee daddy coaches question his knowledge. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Not trolling...just having a discussion.  I appreciate your passion even though I don't agree.  I believe that Porter and most high school coaches work extremely hard to build a program that young men can be proud of.  They spend hours upon hours away from families for pennies an hour.  In today's day and age spoiled kids and parents are ruining high school sports.  Hate to see a classy guy like Porter have peewee daddy coaches question his knowledge. 

Well hopefully I'm not a dad lol and I'm definitely not a coach.  Just a former player who has talked to a lot of other former players and coaches that agree with me.  

I think you and eers are taking what I am saying the wrong way.  Me questioning his coaching ability does not equate to me questioning his character.  He is a class act and I have a lot of respect for coach porter! But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to criticize him.  

I think coach does a good job. And if the goal is to make it to the 2nd and 3rd round every year, then he's doing a great job.  I just think there's been enough talent at White House over the years for the goal to be set much higher than that.  

23 hours ago, Copacanobra13 said:

Well hopefully I'm not a dad lol and I'm definitely not a coach.  Just a former player who has talked to a lot of other former players and coaches that agree with me.  

I think you and eers are taking what I am saying the wrong way.  Me questioning his coaching ability does not equate to me questioning his character.  He is a class act and I have a lot of respect for coach porter! But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to criticize him.  

I think coach does a good job. And if the goal is to make it to the 2nd and 3rd round every year, then he's doing a great job.  I just think there's been enough talent at White House over the years for the goal to be set much higher than that.  

Look outside the bubble of the teams you play during the year and realize the teams you're losing to in the playoffs have a lot more athletes, year in and year out. Truth is, it's usually not about the Xs and Os, but the Jimmys and Joes. I believe 2nd and 3rd round is pretty solid for the athletes I've seen in WH over the last 15 years.  JMO, but since I'm a douche and all, I'm sure it's just trolling. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, eers said:

Look outside the bubble of the teams you play during the year and realize the teams you're losing to in the playoffs have a lot more athletes, year in and year out. Truth is, it's usually not about the Xs and Os, but the Jimmys and Joes. I believe 2nd and 3rd round is pretty solid for the athletes I've seen in WH over the last 15 years.  JMO, but since I'm a douche and all, I'm sure it's just trolling. 

out of all the former players I've talked to, I've never had one that disagreed with me.  I'm sure they're out there but I haven't met them.  It's only been people outside of the program that think I'm lying or something lol

1 hour ago, Copacanobra13 said:

out of all the former players I've talked to, I've never had one that disagreed with me.  I'm sure they're out there but I haven't met them.  It's only been people outside of the program that think I'm lying or something lol

In a typical year, White House doesn't have athletes to compete beyond the 2nd or 3rd round. To believe they do is to be blinded.

1 hour ago, eers said:

In a typical year, White House doesn't have athletes to compete beyond the 2nd or 3rd round. To believe they do is to be blinded.

I already agreed that White House doesn't have the athletes year in and year out.  I said that there are a few years however where they have had the athletes to win state. 98,04,08, and this year too considering we beat Springfield in the regular season.  And I know I know, Springfields super heroes got injured against us.  You could probably throw a couple other years in there too, but I say definitely those three and this year.  

9 hours ago, Copacanobra13 said:

I already agreed that White House doesn't have the athletes year in and year out.  I said that there are a few years however where they have had the athletes to win state. 98,04,08, and this year too considering we beat Springfield in the regular season.  And I know I know, Springfields super heroes got injured against us.  You could probably throw a couple other years in there too, but I say definitely those three and this year.  

That's just inaccurate. They had zero chance this year. 

48 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

you had zero chance of getting to state this year. You got blown out at home against southside who got blown out by lexington and both of those teams would get torched by Haywood

Okay we beat Springfield and now they're in state, but whatever.  This discussion started because I said coach Porter underachieves with the talent he has because he is not a good coach and gets in the way.  Coach porter is a great guy, but it is what it is.  If someone who has actually been a part of the program that knows what their talking wants to refute that claim then there's a discussion to be had, but for people who have no clue what they're talking about when it comes to this topic it's pointless to continue.  Hopefully we'll have better luck next year, GO BDP!!

1 hour ago, Copacanobra13 said:

Okay we beat Springfield and now they're in state, but whatever.  This discussion started because I said coach Porter underachieves with the talent he has because he is not a good coach and gets in the way.  Coach porter is a great guy, but it is what it is.  If someone who has actually been a part of the program that knows what their talking wants to refute that claim then there's a discussion to be had, but for people who have no clue what they're talking about when it comes to this topic it's pointless to continue.  Hopefully we'll have better luck next year, GO BDP!!

i agree with you i never have thought he was a good coach

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Copacanobra13 said:

They don't underachieve. The talent level really isn't what you believe it to be.