White House Football

Devil21

The 89 team that beat undefeated Marshall County in the first round of the playoffs was pretty good. They lost to Brentwood Academy in the second round 14-6. Legendary coach Carlton Flatt came in the locker room following the game and told the team they beat them on the field but it didn’t show on the scoreboard. Rob Cook, Jamie Hoskins, and James Taylor were a few good ones off that team. They’re not considered in the top of all time but that was a special team. They gave up around 7 PPG defensively. 

7 hours ago, BDP2003 said:

The 89 team that beat undefeated Marshall County in the first round of the playoffs was pretty good. They lost to Brentwood Academy in the second round 14-6. Legendary coach Carlton Flatt came in the locker room following the game and told the team they beat them on the field but it didn’t show on the scoreboard. Rob Cook, Jamie Hoskins, and James Taylor were a few good ones off that team. They’re not considered in the top of all time but that was a special team. They gave up around 7 PPG defensively. 

That was my senior but I did not play.  In 88, we went to Marshall County and played in a rain/snow storm.  We lost in a close one, we were the better team and Coach Porter, if I remember correctly, told a reporter, "We will be back."  And we did.  

If I remember correctly, Jason Maxwell was Marshall Co qb in 88 and 89.  He was a pitcher for their baseball team and we faced them in the regional championship in the spring at White House.  Dude threw mid 90's.