The rematch!! GCA at Notre Dame!

Raven52

2 hours ago, Raven52 said:

Remember that first line because the offense is running on all cylinders this time....

Booger shall repeat...

....those GCA OL trenchers want have the hands advantage they had a few weeks back.....our trenchers will have more visitation rights to introduce themselves to your QB than they did in their inagural meet & greet

Booger just sayin :shock:

Coach Bradley's typical philosophy is pass to set up the run, but against certain opponents he flips that.  My guess is he'll try to run a lot against ND and use that to set up the pass. 

Booger, I think even you might have to acknowledge that run D is one of ND's few potential weak spots.  Even CAK had some success running the ball against ND.  I've been around Bradley's offenses for a long time now, and my guess is he'll see run D as one of ND's potential vulnerable areas.  He'll run 25 times or more and pass off of ND tightening the box to stop the run.  

Like most games, I believe this one will be won or lost at the line of scrimmage.  The fact this game will be played with out of town officials at ND favors ND.  ND is likely to get more pressure on GCA's QB than he saw in the regular season matchup between these two teams, and more than he got from most any other team during the season.  I suspect we're likely to see some intentional grounding and/or turnovers due to the pressure.  Bradley will try to reduce the chance of that through heavy reliance on the run game--see above.

Unless there's a heavy turnover margin in GCA's favor, or key players out due to injury, I see this as a 2 TD or more margin for ND at home.

2 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Raven....I love your enthusiasm and support of our boys. You're a true #RFL!

BUT......Booger's got a point. Not exactly world beaters we were whoopin'. We know what's coming......Rams going to have to play the best game they've played BY FAR.

Still trying to decide between caged or penned......that toxic lead comment the other day has me rethinkin' things.....hmmmmm :hungry: 

2 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Awww, now what do I do? BUFFET STYLE!!!! Lil' of this....lil of that..... Knowing my wife, she'll be running late and I'll get some cold burger from the concession stand. Man, I'm glad she doesn't read this stuff!

Rouser gave yall sum good options...and the tailgatin is the real deal.......but if yall r non-moochers

...that Shell Petro & Pullet Parts Eatery @ Dodson & Wilcox will b nearest.....the Parole Taters w/ Gangsta Gravy and Flak Jacket Biscuits r a must side addition to that Poultry Livers, Gizzards and Tater Log Gameday Combo....they ant got no drive thru; but they do have drive bys

the ND faithful will break bread with tailgate crashin Baptist

Booger just sayin smiley-with-chicken-emoticon.gif

51 minutes ago, Warriors2011 said:

Coach Bradley's typical philosophy is pass to set up the run, but against certain opponents he flips that.  My guess is he'll try to run a lot against ND and use that to set up the pass. 

Booger, I think even you might have to acknowledge that run D is one of ND's few potential weak spots.  Even CAK had some success running the ball against ND.  I've been around Bradley's offenses for a long time now, and my guess is he'll see run D as one of ND's potential vulnerable areas.  He'll run 25 times or more and pass off of ND tightening the box to stop the run.  

Like most games, I believe this one will be won or lost at the line of scrimmage.  The fact this game will be played with out of town officials at ND favors ND.  ND is likely to get more pressure on GCA's QB than he saw in the regular season matchup between these two teams, and more than he got from most any other team during the season.  I suspect we're likely to see some intentional grounding and/or turnovers due to the pressure.  Bradley will try to reduce the chance of that through heavy reliance on the run game--see above.

Unless there's a heavy turnover margin in GCA's favor, or key players out due to injury, I see this as a 2 TD or more margin for ND at home.

if u followed the thread on the previous match-up....u will remember Booger complimentin that #4 and talkins bout how the Rams found a mon-functionin section on one side of our DL and they exposed it with great success with that hard nose RB....we had a key component on that side that was unable to practice that week do to injury.....but to some extent u r correct.....would by no means call it a weak spot...but for sure any team can have a potential weak spot over the course of a game.....

....Booger wouldnt say CAK had success runnin the ball on ND.....the score was 41-10...and warrior nose how and when those 10 came about.....only 2 teams had fairly consistant success runnin on ND....Central and GCA

..the Rams were the only team to put any test to the Irish for 4 qtrs and could have won that game..but they didnt...never the less; its makes for another excitin matchup for some football

Booger just sayin :thumb:

5 minutes ago, Booger said:

if u followed the thread on the previous match-up....u will remember Booger complimentin that #4 and talkins bout how the Rams found a mon-functionin section on one side of our DL and they exposed it with great success with that hard nose RB....we had a key component on that side that was unable to practice that week do to injury.....but to some extent u r correct.....would by no means call it a weak spot...but for sure any team can have a potential weak spot over the course of a game.....

....Booger wouldnt say CAK had success runnin the ball on ND.....the score was 41-10...and warrior nose how and when those 10 came about.....only 2 teams had fairly consistant success runnin on ND....Central and GCA

..the Rams were the only team to put any test to the Irish for 4 qtrs and could have won that game..but they didnt...never the less; its makes for another excitin matchup for some football

Booger reads a whole lot more into what a person says than is really intended ;)  Good grief, man, I predicted your team to win! LOL

I know exactly how CAK's points came, but I didn't say CAK scored by running the ball against ND (or that CAK was ever really in the ball game).  Yes, CAK's lone TD came late when the 2's were in (one of ND's TDs came when its 1 O was still in the game against CAK's 2/3 D), but Booger knows/nose as well as I do that CAK's main RB had about 70 yards on 10 carries.  By CAK's standards this year, that's success, more success running the ball against ND's #1 D than CAK had against just about any other team not named Silverdale or Boyd Buchanan.  Now, of course, that's sad for CAK.  But, it's also not a glowing critique of ND's ability to shut down the run. 

I'm pulling for the Irish in this one (unless you keep badmouthing my Warriors ;) ), so take my words for how they're intended--beware the run!  That's how Rusty will try to beat you. 

Warrior just sayin'.

2 hours ago, Warriors2011 said:

Booger reads a whole lot more into what a person says than is really intended ;)  Good grief, man, I predicted your team to win! LOL

I know exactly how CAK's points came, but I didn't say CAK scored by running the ball against ND (or that CAK was ever really in the ball game).  Yes, CAK's lone TD came late when the 2's were in (one of ND's TDs came when its 1 O was still in the game against CAK's 2/3 D), but Booger knows/nose as well as I do that CAK's main RB had about 70 yards on 10 carries.  By CAK's standards this year, that's success, more success running the ball against ND's #1 D than CAK had against just about any other team not named Silverdale or Boyd Buchanan.  Now, of course, that's sad for CAK.  But, it's also not a glowing critique of ND's ability to shut down the run. 

I'm pulling for the Irish in this one (unless you keep badmouthing my Warriors ;) ), so take my words for how they're intended--beware the run!  That's how Rusty will try to beat you. 

Warrior just sayin'.

OK.....Warrior was right.....wernt badmouthin your warriors....just callin it as it was.......hey, Mondo had like 130 yds (60sumthin & like a 45 for scores)... 15 points were all they got....never said there wernt no breakdowns to get a few long ones on us over a course of a game......if we get taken, sumone gonna have to out match the board......tho recent history has shown that teams like CPA (Aluminum City look alikes) r what stops our run....and GCA ant that.....so hopefully your prediction will come tru

14 minutes ago, Booger said:

OK.....Warrior was right.....wernt badmouthin your warriors....just callin it as it was.......hey, Mondo had like 130 yds (60sumthin & like a 45 for scores)... 15 points were all they got....never said there wernt no breakdowns to get a few long ones on us over a course of a game......if we get taken, sumone gonna have to out match the board......tho recent history has shown that teams like CPA (Aluminum City look alikes) r what stops our run....and GCA ant that.....so hopefully your prediction will come tru

I think you're on target with your analogy comparing CPA to Alcoa...Aloca in their hay day...not now...as from what I saw against GCA this year's Alcoa team is a bit down compared to their typical standards (will probably still win state because all the viable Alcoa-beaters are now in Div II).  I think this year's Alcoa, while very good, is a bit down compared to most recent years, and would be vulnerable to a challenge by the likes of CPA or ND.  But yeah, CPA this year is comparable to your typical all-around strong in every aspect Alcoa team; frankly, CPA probably throws the ball better than your typical Alcoa team and runs it as well the typical Alcoa team.

9 hours ago, Warriors2011 said:

Warrior just sayin'.

Imagine that........ 

Booger....ya better get that scoutin' report off to those coaches you got over there on Vermont Ave. I'm sure they don't have a clue what we're gonna try and do this time around.

c6bf9b08586c241b021dd04c204b7a85.png 

RUN.....PASS....RUN.....PASS? MAYBE WE JUST PUNT ON 1ST DOWN EVERY DRIVE TO SAVE EMBARRASSMENT. WE OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO SHOT WITH OUR GAMEPLAN LAID OUT SO NICELY BY THE CRB GURU OFF DUTCHTOWN ROAD.