NCS @ FC

thenextone

On 11/11/2017 at 10:53 AM, carguy59 said:

NCS 35 to 14, Unless, we start using the funky play calling we have seen all year. If so, it could be 35 14 the other way.

Thought I'd jump over here and check on you eagles, sounds like y'all have got things rolling at the right time. Good luck this week from your old buddy from Wayne County!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this FC team matched up with 2011 or 2012 FC teams there would be a running clock reeeeeal quick. I will say this is a very good FC team, but those teams were just that good. With this said, FC wins by 14 because I believe the all around coaching staff is the best in the division. They will be prepared and get it done.

22 hours ago, inthagap said:

NCS will have to develop some sort of passing attack to win this game, as will FCS. 

Anyone have any passing stats both teams?

The funny thing about this is everyone has said NCS needs a passing attack all year, yet the Eagles continue to rack up rushing yards. No offense to the FC coaches but BGA has a legit coaching staff and a better team. NCS still had over 250 on the ground that night. I love how over confident FC is right now.  Myers faces 9 and 10 man boxes every week and leads TN in yards per game. Buckle up, the Eagles are coming

2 hours ago, OrangeEagle said:

The funny thing about this is everyone has said NCS needs a passing attack all year, yet the Eagles continue to rack up rushing yards. No offense to the FC coaches but BGA has a legit coaching staff and a better team. NCS still had over 250 on the ground that night. I love how over confident FC is right now.  Myers faces 9 and 10 man boxes every week and leads TN in yards per game. Buckle up, the Eagles are coming

The FC fans are confident in their Commanders like you are in your Eagles.  I would say most fans know very little about the other team's abilities, but, they know all the details of their own team and support their team unconditionally.  You seem to have confidence in the Eagles as you should because they are a great team.  Don't read too much into the post of the Commander fans being over confident just like I won't with the Eagle fans that are saying you guys will win easily.   We love our teams.

This FC team is definitely in the discussion among the schools all-time best.  They are loaded with Sr’s who love playing as a unit.  They have good team speed and more than one game-breaker offensively.  To cement their place they need to bring home the gold ball.

I’m concerned that they haven’t played much competition his yr with an average TC team being maybe the best team so far.  Another concern is the interior of the FC o-line.  Power’s is a beast and brings it every play.  However, it’s beyond time to get Cherry on the field offensively in the middle of that o-line.  Once you get to this point you’ve gotta put your best 11 on the field.  

Defensively, Coach Lowe will have the defense prepared x & o wise.  DCA’s qb exposed some mid season weaknesses but hopefully they’ve been corrected and coached up since.

NCS coach Brother’s is top notch and will be likewise prepared.  Should be a good one to watch.

6 minutes ago, BoomerBoy said:

don't know a lot about NC but what I do know is the NC fans need to take FC seriously because it is just tough for me to imagine that they have what FC does on the interior, but like I said I don't know a lot about NC. The winner of this game wins state IMO.

I have watched a lot of film on FC and seen every NCS game. The line play will likely cancel each other out.  As with any high school team though, the team with the best player normally wins games.  FC has not faced a team that can do what NCS does offensively.  I give Brothers credit for scheduling tough competition early in the year. NCS is battle tested. FC does what they do and pretty well, I might add. I think it is foolish for anyone to think this game will be anything other that two fighters standing in the middle of the ring trading blows.  Everyone needs to get ready for a physical night of football 

2 hours ago, OrangeEagle said:

I have watched a lot of film on FC and seen every NCS game. The line play will likely cancel each other out.  As with any high school team though, the team with the best player normally wins games.  FC has not faced a team that can do what NCS does offensively.  I give Brothers credit for scheduling tough competition early in the year. NCS is battle tested. FC does what they do and pretty well, I might add. I think it is foolish for anyone to think this game will be anything other that two fighters standing in the middle of the ring trading blows.  Everyone needs to get ready for a physical night of football 

Thanks for the info. Always enjoy an intelligent and civil response. Hope everyone enjoys watching a game of heavy doses of a downhill, physical run game. should be fun.

From what I have seen on film I agree with OrangeEagle the line play cancels out.  It will be interesting to see a Smith/Lawless matchup! Running back edge to NCS. Both teams will have to find just enough of a passing game. Slight edge to FC.  Special teams edge to NCS. Overall skill play edge to NCS.

Note: There is danger lurking if the ball is in the air. 

Congrats to both teams and  praying for a safe game. 

From the Tennessean:

2 NASHVILLE CHRISTIAN (9-3) AT 1 FRIENDSHIP CHRISTIAN (11-0)

636462628911796429-NCS-FCS.jpg
Nashville Christian's Xavier Myers (left) and Friendship Christian's Jajuan Foutch (right)
The Tennessean

When: Friday, 7 p.m.

Nashville Christian boasts a pair of Mr. Football finalists in defensive lineman Brant Lawless (47 tackles, 7 sacks) and running back Xavier Myers (2,451 yards rushing, 36 TDs), but Friendship is the favorite. Friendship outscored opponents 400-107 en route to its first undefeated regular season since 2006.

Kreager’s pick: Nashville Christian 27, Friendship 24
Murphy’s pick: Nashville Christian 17, Friendship 10