BA & MBA part 3

zoneread56

Well its time for two of TN's best teams to strap up and play again for the 3rd year in a row in Cookeville. MBA and BA both have very good coaching staff's and players on their respective teams. Euverard and White have both been highly successful in recent years and its always good to watch these teams play. This year however I think wont be as close as the past few years in this game. BA just has too much firepower on offense and very good defense as well. I think BA will win this game by at least three scores. The game being on saturday is nice as well and hopefully it brings a bigger crowd than the thursday games brought. 

BA- 31

MBA- 7

On 11/27/2017 at 11:36 AM, zoneread56 said:

I think BA will win this game by at least three scores. The game being on saturday is nice as well and hopefully it brings a bigger crowd than the thursday games brought. 

BA- 31

MBA- 7

If the big dogs can't fill up the house or even have a decent crowd, it speaks volumes. I hope the top dogs in D2 put butts in the seats. Especially with both schools being in close proximity of TTU verses those schools from the East and West parts of the state. So ... BA and MBA ... lets see what you got. 

Edited by kwc

2 hours ago, kwc said:

If the big dogs can't fill up the house or even have a decent crowd, it speaks volumes. I hope the top dogs in D2 put butts in the seats. Especially with both schools being in close proximity of TTU verses those schools from the East and West parts of the state. So ... BA and MBA ... lets see what you got. 

hard to with a dynamic that private schools have bc all the players on the teams always are not from the same areas or cities growing up like the majority of public schools are. Also, back when the title games were at vandy and even mtsu, BA or MBA would pack the house bc of how close it is to them. Hard to get a huge crowd to drive 60 miles to Cookeville from Nashville area on a given day let alone a Thursday night. 

Attendance at ba during the playoffs was light - I imagine with this team many people expect the outcome that has occurred on the field and many  people stay home and check on the game 

i know I have not been to as many games this year. There have been just a few moments where ba looked like they were warming up 

Baylor early on - McCallie in Chattanooga - ensworth early on but this team just has a gear that in my mind only the very best teams this year in the country would beat them.

i don’t think anyone in Tennessee when they are playing their best could do much against them:  As exciting as this year has been it’s also been a little predictable with no real competition for ba 

their defense is a fast as any I have seen and their offense has been consistent and at times explosive.

i certainly hope mba finds some offense or something to make this a good game.  My hunch is ba will be hyped and score a few quick ones early on. If a team gets behind too much early it’s night night against this defense 

18 hours ago, zoneread56 said:

hard to with a dynamic that private schools have bc all the players on the teams always are not from the same areas or cities growing up like the majority of public schools are. Also, back when the title games were at vandy and even mtsu, BA or MBA would pack the house bc of how close it is to them. Hard to get a huge crowd to drive 60 miles to Cookeville from Nashville area on a given day let alone a Thursday night. 

Oh my goodness, did you just use 60 miles as a reason why the top twp D2 programs in the state can't get butts in the seat? Really?

That is a very sad commentary. Very sad indeed. IF that is the case, and I pray it is something more substantial than that, then relegating the D2 games to Thursday night makes sense. Why on earth change it for them if there isn't going to be a significant number of people in the stands? We know the D1 folk will support their teams with whole communities even. Why sacrafice good gates when they aren't going to even dive 60 miles to sit in the stands and cheer for a couple of hours?

Makes no sense to me. This is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, kwc said:

Oh my goodness, did you just use 60 miles as a reason why the top twp D2 programs in the state can't get butts in the seat? Really?

That is a very sad commentary. Very sad indeed. IF that is the case, and I pray it is something more substantial than that, then relegating the D2 games to Thursday night makes sense. Why on earth change it for them if there isn't going to be a significant number of people in the stands? We know the D1 folk will support their teams with whole communities even. Why sacrafice good gates when they aren't going to even dive 60 miles to sit in the stands and cheer for a couple of hours?

Makes no sense to me. This is ridiculous.

Retard why do you think it is on saturday now: to get a bigger and better crowds. And did you not read my post about why D2 schools do not always have big crowds. Its called reading and comprehension of what you read come on. Idk why you care anyways Whitehaven is not even playing lol. Choked again in the semis and lost to a D2 team after all the mess you talked about Whitehaven being able to compete in private league hahahahaha

3 hours ago, zoneread56 said:

Retard why do you think it is on saturday now: to get a bigger and better crowds. And did you not read my post about why D2 schools do not always have big crowds. Its called reading and comprehension of what you read come on. Idk why you care anyways Whitehaven is not even playing lol. Choked again in the semis and lost to a D2 team after all the mess you talked about Whitehaven being able to compete in private league hahahahaha

That was my whole point ... reading comprehension ... IF they don't have a good crowd is what I said. LOL, Whitehaven wins some and we lose some. That's how it goes. It's not the end of the world. P_laying in the semi-finals years after year is NOT a bad thing. Yep, we lost to Lausanne. No shame in that either. I still think Whitehaven throttle BA if we would play. Nothing has changed. Let's see if the two big dogs in D2 can have a decent showing in the stands in the champiopnship game. Goodness, I hope so, because if they can't ... pathetic will be saying it nicely.

First this topic was supposed to be about one game between two of the very best  football teams in this state and instead it morphed into comments about who "deserves" to play on what day/time even when the TSSAA made it widely known that the rotation was supposed to have been going on for last 8-9 years and they are just now getting around to it!

And, for the statements made about relative attendance to have any validity you should actually get the data from the TSSAA about how many people were at all of the games in every class the last few years and then after this "monumental" change is made this year compare what might be the same or different.  Individual's perceptions might not be reality.  

Frankly, if you are not gonna talk about the BA/MBA game on a string with that headline, a more interesting topic i would be why this state has 9 football classifications in the first place and even with all of these classifications why so many dang teams make the playoffs so we have to play into December.  All teams could play on Friday/Saturday if the state had 4-5 classifications like its population warrants.

Lastly, I don't think any of the young men playing in a state championship game give a rip as to whether or not they are playing on Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Tuesday!   

29 minutes ago, g33 said:

First this topic was supposed to be about one game between two of the very best  football teams in this state and instead it morphed into comments about who "deserves" to play on what day/time even when the TSSAA made it widely known that the rotation was supposed to have been going on for last 8-9 years and they are just now getting around to it!

And, for the statements made about relative attendance to have any validity you should actually get the data from the TSSAA about how many people were at all of the games in every class the last few years and then after this "monumental" change is made this year compare what might be the same or different.  Individual's perceptions might not be reality.  

Frankly, if you are not gonna talk about the BA/MBA game on a string with that headline, a more interesting topic i would be why this state has 9 football classifications in the first place and even with all of these classifications why so many dang teams make the playoffs so we have to play into December.  All teams could play on Friday/Saturday if the state had 4-5 classifications like its population warrants.

Lastly, I don't think any of the young men playing in a state championship game give a rip as to whether or not they are playing on Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Tuesday!   

What's to talk about? BA will probably win and everybody thinks that is the case. This is the third time they will have played each other this year. It is what it is. Nobaody really wants to talk about the game actually. So this thread morphed into an attendance issue. If there were a sprited discussion about BA vs MBA part 3, it probably wouldn't have gone there. 

So, have at it D2'ers. Can anybody muster anything interesting to talk about concerning the actual game ... or do we talk more about potential attendence?

Edited by kwc

7 hours ago, kwc said:

That was my whole point ... reading comprehension ... IF they don't have a good crowd is what I said. LOL, Whitehaven wins some and we lose some. That's how it goes. It's not the end of the world. P_laying in the semi-finals years after year is NOT a bad thing. Yep, we lost to Lausanne. No shame in that either. I still think Whitehaven throttle BA if we would play. Nothing has changed. Let's see if the two big dogs in D2 can have a decent showing in the stands in the champiopnship game. Goodness, I hope so, because if they can't ... pathetic will be saying it nicely.

Whitehaven would throttle BA if they played? This is very laughable. I'm not even sure Whitehaven could beat Ensworth who had a down year this year if they played them. Whitehaven lost to a Cane Ridge team who, while being a good team, would not compete with most teams in D2-AAA. There is a reason BA is unbeaten and nationally ranked. If you can't even make it to the finals in your division I would take a step back before I say they could "throttle" Ba of all teams. Especially with not even one factual basis to back that up.

7 hours ago, kwc said:

KWC, I agree with you on some things and disagree on others. This is one that I’ll have to disagree. BA would dominate Whitehaven if they played this year. That’s much more of a credit to BA than a discredit to Whitehaven. 

As to the actual topic at hand, I said before the playoffs started that BA could beat any team (in any division, frankly) as bad as they wanted to. That’s how good they are, probably one of the greatest in TN history.

I still think it will be a really good crowd on Saturday for each of the games, and the late game would probably be better if it weren’t such a “sure thing”. That’s just a personal feeling because no one really knows how the D2 crowd will be this year, because they’ve always been stuck on Thursday. Rotating the schedule is absolutely the best way to do it, so that each division gets their opportunity on each day. If they wanted to have the D2 championships the week before then that would also be a valid option.