Cannon Changes

madmolly

5 hours ago, wingman10 said:

Going to take a while

You are right Wingman!  

That is why it is important for this hire to be made with the intentions of building a program.  It will be a process and years in the making.  If someone is going to dedicate their life to doing it right then they need to be compensated for it. 

Years ago there was a guy coaching football in Woodbury who told a school board member he needed a raise if they wanted him to stay. At a board meeting one night a school board member came up to him and handed him a 50 dollar and said "do not  tell anyone". The coach said"do not worry I want I am just as much ashamed of it as you are". True story I promise you. The guy left not to long after that. In many ways it is still the same just hate it for the kids.

15 hours ago, madmolly said:

Years ago there was a guy coaching football in Woodbury who told a school board member he needed a raise if they wanted him to stay. At a board meeting one night a school board member came up to him and handed him a 50 dollar and said "do not  tell anyone". The coach said"do not worry I want I am just as much ashamed of it as you are". True story I promise you. The guy left not to long after that. In many ways it is still the same just hate it for the kids.

This is exactly the thing that parents and community need to stand up for.  There was something like 150 players and parents at the school board meeting a few weeks ago because they wanted change.  If enough people get together and support it then it will be successful.  

Edited by WingTguy

It could be a while since the county is looking for new director.  The former director of schools  made all hiring decisions so I am not sure who will be conducting the interview process.  You would think that the AD or principal would be leading this, but it also depends on what jobs will be open so far to bring in someone.  As of right now there are no teaching slots open at the high school unless someone leaves. 

Now there seems to be no money to pay the new director of schools so they board my have to ask the old one to come back. Did no one think about what could happen. What if none of the football coaches choose to leave maybe they are like me and must work do you really think Cannon would create four or five new positions in the system that is already streched to the limit. What a mess 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...