District 3A

CAH09

8 hours ago, rtl112 said:

It looks like CF is getting a little better now that McKinney is back in the lineup.  It may be a few weeks before he is back in good form.

Yea, he's a plus 25 kind of player for them. That will be be enough in most games in this district. Come tourney time though, they have to be a lot better defensively, cut down TOs and be able to move the ball in the half court. Last night's game, for example,  wasn't that close, but some of their  issues let Harriman back within 10 late.  Roster-wise, they can get there... the district tourney and region look very winnable with him and some team improvements as they go along.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, CAH09 said:

Yea, he's a plus 25 kind of player for them. That will be be enough in most games in this district. Come tourney time though, they have to be a lot better defensively, cut down TOs and be able to move the ball in the half court. Last night's game, for example,  wasn't that close, but some of their  issues let Harriman back within 10 late.  Roster-wise, they can get there... the district tourney and region look very winnable with him and some team improvements as they go along.

Coalfield should be alright by tournament time if like you said they get better defensively and stay healthy.

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2018 at 3:29 PM, rtl112 said:

Coalfield should be alright by tournament time if like you said they get better defensively and stay healthy.

Looks like heading into tourney time, they are healthy... but there hasn't been much, if any, improvement defensively for CF. They stand flat footed out front and smack at people going by on the perimeter leaving tons of open space to attack.  At this point, it just doesn't look like it's gonna happen for them. Biggest team in the district and yet still chucking 3s left and right most games I've seen.... and at a LOW percentage. If that goes on... and Mckinney has a mediocre night offensively, they likely clank themselves out of it. 

I could see four, maybe even five of the 6 teams remaining winning this tourney. OD & Harriman I guess are slight favorites, but I could see either ending up 4th.... or 1st. No really strong teams going in. 

This could be one of the easiest paths to the state tourney ever for the winner. 

On 2/14/2018 at 8:44 AM, CAH09 said:

Looks like heading into tourney time, they are healthy... but there hasn't been much, if any, improvement defensively for CF. They stand flat footed out front and smack at people going by on the perimeter leaving tons of open space to attack.  At this point, it just doesn't look like it's gonna happen for them. Biggest team in the district and yet still chucking 3s left and right most games I've seen.... and at a LOW percentage. If that goes on... and Mckinney has a mediocre night offensively, they likely clank themselves out of it. 

I could see four, maybe even five of the 6 teams remaining winning this tourney. OD & Harriman I guess are slight favorites, but I could see either ending up 4th.... or 1st. No really strong teams going in. 

This could be one of the easiest paths to the state tourney ever for the winner. 

You nailed it. No one can lock down on someone and stay in front of them. Hit 1 out of 21 3s in consolation game and the one make came with 2:45 to play in the game. Mckinney had a mediocre night. Some CF fans were saying they didn't try because they wanted to play TP. I don't understand why you would want to play TP over SC. TP beat OD... OD handled SC twice.. Not sure of the logic here can anyone explain? Just frustrating because this was supposed to be the year... Couldn't get past GB in football and now looks like basketball isn't going to end well either.  Talented group of seniors but...

• 2 weeks later...

Big congratulations for Oakdale. Ever since I've been keeping up with high school sports, they've never been better than mediocre at best in ANY sport, aside from a couple years with the girls basketball team. Seeing a tiny little school that isn't used to success going to state is real neat.