District 14 AA has second set of games tonight

OldSportsGuy

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, OldSportsGuy said:

Yikes...

McNairy upsets Lexington in Lexington 52-51. Anybody see this game?

SS hammers Scotts Hill

Chester county Hammers Adamsville

Northside by 1 over Riversdie.

What is happening in Lexington?

Wow Lexington is very inconsistent right now!!! I cant believe McNairy upset them. Oldsportsguy oyu were close on the Nothside game.

11 hours ago, Tnrazrbac10 said:

Wow Lexington is very inconsistent right now!!! I cant believe McNairy upset them. Oldsportsguy oyu were close on the Nothside game.

McNairy is going to be one of those teams to watch throughout the year. They can be good and surprise a lot of people this year or they are going to be a team that will beat teams and everyone will say how they beat them and then lose to a team and everyone say how did they lose to them.

They do not have a go to player, the one guy you can count on to score a certain amount each night. But, they do have a handful of players that can go off for 15 or 20+ in a game. The question about McNairy is how consistent they are going to play. The two weaknesses they have to improve on are consistently playing defense and cut down the turnovers. The two losses to Hardin Co. they lacked the consistency on defense and turned the ball over. They have also had issues with turnovers in most of their games this year. If they can cut them down, I think they can be a surprise team this year. I'm not saying they going to beat Southside but they can finish a lot higher than many were predicting. 

10 hours ago, thenewguy85 said:

Southside is the best team in the Region, that’s 13AA and 14AA. No team team can keep pace with them every night. So Region 7AA CHAMPS is Jackson Southside and the Runner Up is______________? With Fayette Ware leaving District 14AA it opens up for another team to get a chance to go to substate 

Im not crowning Southside Region 7 Champs. Honestly, Im not crowning District 14AA Champs. There are a couple teams that will give Southside fits from 13AA. Obion, Dyersburg and Crockett all but Especially Obion. As far pace goes, I don't know if Southside can keep pace with Obion. They have broke the scoreboard twice this year already.

44 minutes ago, OldSportsGuy said:

Im not crowning Southside Region 7 Champs. Honestly, Im not crowning District 14AA Champs. There are a couple teams that will give Southside fits from 13AA. Obion, Dyersburg and Crockett all but Especially Obion. As far pace goes, I don't know if Southside can keep pace with Obion. They have broke the scoreboard twice this year already.

That’s funny, Southside not being able to keep pace with Obion. That’s what Southside do is run, SS will put more athletes on the court that can actually play. SS will be Region and District Champs, but they will lose in Substate against any Region 8 team

52 minutes ago, thenewguy85 said:

That’s funny, Southside not being able to keep pace with Obion. That’s what Southside do is run, SS will put more athletes on the court that can actually play. SS will be Region and District Champs, but they will lose in Substate against any Region 8 team

I think a match up between SS and Obion would be fun to watch. I truly believe that Dyersburg , Crockett , or Obion could beat SS at their home place, but the only time they will face each other would be in McNairy. So until proven other wise SS may be the favorite right now. SS is kinda young and they may provide a little inconsistence for them, but they are athletic and are gonna get after you. Obion can shoot the 3 and as seen early in the season. They will trade you a lay up to get a 3 all day long... But living and dying from 3 point land is a double edge sword. Still think its early, but things will start to shake out in the next 3-4 weeks...