District 14 AA has second set of games tonight

OldSportsGuy

23 hours ago, thenewguy85 said:

That’s funny, Southside not being able to keep pace with Obion. That’s what Southside do is run, SS will put more athletes on the court that can actually play. SS will be Region and District Champs, but they will lose in Substate against any Region 8 team

How many times SS broke the clock this year. Regardless of who you are playing. scoring over 100 in 32 minutes of hoops is special. I still think Obion is the team to beat in Region 7. I may change my mind once both districts get through the first round of district play... LOL

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, OldSportsGuy said:

How many times SS broke the clock this year. Regardless of who you are playing. scoring over 100 in 32 minutes of hoops is special. I still think Obion is the team to beat in Region 7. I may change my mind once both districts get through the first round of district play... LOL

Championships are won with defense, not breaking the clock.  Golden State can score but what they really do well is play great team defense.

Southside can get in your face and get stops.  Can Obion do that, I don't think so.  Dyersburg or Crocket will win 13AA because they can score but they also know how to play defense

3 hours ago, Bkbfan4ever said:

Championships are won with defense, not breaking the clock.  Golden State can score but what they really do well is play great team defense.

Southside can get in your face and get stops.  Can Obion do that, I don't think so.  Dyersburg or Crocket will win 13AA because they can score but they also know how to play defense

at the end of the season Bkbfan4ever we will hold you to that statement... Maybe you wont have to eat too much Crow.... But then again you did pick 2 out of 6 teams to win the district.... so your chances are pretty good..

11 hours ago, Bkbfan4ever said:

You’re totally right bkbfan. It doesn’t matter how much you score in region semi/sub state games, it’s all about how well you guard. Look at Dyersburgs high scoring offense last year vs FW in region semis. Double OT game that finished in the 50’s. Everyone is so well scouted for tournament time that you have to be able to get multiple stops defensively. Everyone can score it if they are in region, so who’s going to be able to play good defense down the stretch? My guess is SS, Crockett, Dyersburg, AND South Gibson is a real sleeper.