2018 Mock Grand Championship?

Bump11

I will be advancing all round 2 matchups tonight so get on over and vote if you haven’t already! Also, atleast 1 matchup per weight class right now is a quarterfinal matchup, I will not be advancing those yet. I’m gonna wait so I advance all quarters together in a couple days. So you have more time on those few

I’m having just as much fun with this as last year’s poll. I was just scrolling through the semis to see how people were voting. Most are going how I expected, but a couple were surprising me. I figured the Bates vs Uhorchuk matchup at 106 would be a little closer (currently 63-37 Bates). I know Uhorchuk is AA, so people might not realize how tough he is. He’s proven he can hang by beating Devaney (AAA 113 3rd place) during the season. I’m not saying he would beat Bates. I just thought the voting would be closer. The other one is the Chittum vs Cannon matchup. I had trouble picking a winner, and thought of it as more of a 50/50 matchup (currently 85-15 Chittum). Cannon had an awesome year only losing in state 2 times to the same opponent. They both defeated Anthony (D2 126 runner up) this season. Chittum won 6-2, and Cannon won 14-0. I’m not saying Cannon would win, but based off the common opponent I voted for him. I know Chittum and Bates are just as tough though, so I understand people voting for them. I think both matches would be close. I’m looking forward to voting on the finals matchups. 

3 hours ago, hawks11 said:

I’m having just as much fun with this as last year’s poll. I was just scrolling through the semis to see how people were voting. Most are going how I expected, but a couple were surprising me. I figured the Bates vs Uhorchuk matchup at 106 would be a little closer (currently 63-37 Bates). I know Uhorchuk is AA, so people might not realize how tough he is. He’s proven he can hang by beating Devaney (AAA 113 3rd place) during the season. I’m not saying he would beat Bates. I just thought the voting would be closer. The other one is the Chittum vs Cannon matchup. I had trouble picking a winner, and thought of it as more of a 50/50 matchup (currently 85-15 Chittum). Cannon had an awesome year only losing in state 2 times to the same opponent. They both defeated Anthony (D2 126 runner up) this season. Chittum won 6-2, and Cannon won 14-0. I’m not saying Cannon would win, but based off the common opponent I voted for him. I know Chittum and Bates are just as tough though, so I understand people voting for them. I think both matches would be close. I’m looking forward to voting on the finals matchups. 

I agree. On those 2 and a few more. The biggest thing with it being a vote, is that someone doesn’t necessarily have to vote for who would win, but rather who they would want to win. Uhorchuk is a hammer and I think bates wins but I think it’s just a decision. Same with Chittum. As well as Chittum did at prep nats and the math he had with Escalera, he’s definitely one to watch for the next 4 years. I was torn as well but took Chittum based on how great he did against Escalera. I think I’m reality that’s a 2 or 3 point match. 

Also I’m glad you enjoy it. That is why I started it last year, for everyone to have a little fun without too much argument. I too am looking forward to the finals matchups. Will be some close ones! (Or atleast there should be) lol

5 hours ago, Bump11 said:

I agree. On those 2 and a few more. The biggest thing with it being a vote, is that someone doesn’t necessarily have to vote for who would win, but rather who they would want to win. Uhorchuk is a hammer and I think bates wins but I think it’s just a decision. Same with Chittum. As well as Chittum did at prep nats and the math he had with Escalera, he’s definitely one to watch for the next 4 years. I was torn as well but took Chittum based on how great he did against Escalera. I think I’m reality that’s a 2 or 3 point match. 

Also I’m glad you enjoy it. That is why I started it last year, for everyone to have a little fun without too much argument. I too am looking forward to the finals matchups. Will be some close ones! (Or atleast there should be) lol

I agree completely. I wasn’t necessarily saying the ones I mentioned were better. Like you said, I think they’re both decision matches no matter who wins. I was just surprised at the voting spread, and figured there would be more matches that were closer to 50/50.