Gordonsville 2018

croz6110

2 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

The head coach is going from head principal at the elementary school  to assistant principal. Right? So that is still a principal. At Trousdale, the AP handles the discipline and does teacher evaluations. 

Your defensive coordinator is an assistant principal at the high school who coaches the junior high football already. Right? So he is going to coach the junior high , the high school, and be a principal and not gypp anyone in the process?

I got this straight from a junior high football parent who was not happy about it.  The junior high practices during the school day. Is that not true? How has this already been allowed for years? 

Good ole boy system at its best. 

We will be glad to take the baseball son  and Dad and treat them right in Jacket country. Right Volstate? 

I really don’t know more than what I heard at baseball game last week. 

4 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

The head coach is going from head principal at the elementary school  to assistant principal. Right? So that is still a principal. At Trousdale, the AP handles the discipline and does teacher evaluations. 

Your defensive coordinator is an assistant principal at the high school who coaches the junior high football already. Right? So he is going to coach the junior high , the high school, and be a principal and not gypp anyone in the process?

I got this straight from a junior high football parent who was not happy about it.  The junior high practices during the school day. Is that not true? How has this already been allowed for years? 

Good ole boy system at its best. 

We will be glad to take the baseball son  and Dad and treat them right in Jacket country. Right Volstate? 

You sound like you know more than I do about it. Here's the thing, there is still decisions to be made. Some of what you mentioned is the case. Some is not. 

We have two assistant principals at the high school as it is. I doubt we add another. I don't know if the one assistant will be coaching the jr. high team. Again, decisions still have to be finalized.

As far as the jr. high practicing during the day, they've done that for over 30 years. that's their PE. I don't like it myself as they barely have an hour to practice. It has more to do with a location to practice as to who the coach is.

As far as the good ole boy system. You're free to your opinion, not that anyone from Trousdale's opinion means much here.

Myself, I like how it's shaking out.

Edited by croz6110

27 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Very true but we are willing to hire outsiders in TC if they are the best fit.

Sounds like Gordonsville only hires in house alumni . 

Setting these principals up for a grievance I say. 

Time will tell if it works out for them. Heck if they go undefeated it will be best decision they ever made ... how did they do in spring scrimmage.  Can’t wait for football to be back.. on way to watch TC and south Pitt in baseball today 

Edited by Volstate

6 minutes ago, Volstate said:

Time will tell if it works out for them. Heck if they go undefeated it will be best decision they ever made ... how did they do in spring scrimmage.  Can’t wait for football to be back.. on way to watch TC and south Pitt in baseball today 

Gordy is loaded with talented returning players including a mr. Football candidate . They should easily win their region since we are no longer in it. What will tell the tale is next year when all those seniors are gone. I do agree though if they can go undefeated it will be a great decision but they got to get past Trousdale County to go undefeated and that ain't going to happen.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Gordy is loaded with talented returning players including a mr. Football candidate . They should easily win their region since we are no longer in it. What will tell the tale is next year when all those seniors are gone. I do agree though if they can go undefeated it will be a great decision but they got to get past Trousdale County to go undefeated and that ain't going to happen.

Watertown and Trousdale will be our toughest games.

8 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Watertown and Trousdale will be our toughest games.

I will admit you are a loyal fan. That is a good thing. 

My thoughts are how are there enough hours in the day to do your principal job, break down film, practice for 2 different opponents and keep everything straight.

I know you said one has a son. Does the other AP have a family? I know my wife would have a fit . I think if you love the program enough to coach, you give up the administrative job and give the coaching your all. 

Not trying to be a butthole ( been called worse alot) but I just do not get this . 

15 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I will admit you are a loyal fan. That is a good thing. 

My thoughts are how are there enough hours in the day to do your principal job, break down film, practice for 2 different opponents and keep everything straight.

I know you said one has a son. Does the other AP have a family? I know my wife would have a fit . I think if you love the program enough to coach, you give up the administrative job and give the coaching your all. 

Not trying to be a butthole ( been called worse alot) but I just do not get this . 

There are things being done and decisions being made to make it all work. You also have to remember that staffing at our schools may be different than TC. 

In our high school, we have a principal and 2 assistants.

In our elementary, which is only 4-6th, we have a principal and assistant.

When I was in school over 20 years ago, Gordonsville was K-12 with one principal and one assistant. Granted, we have more students in the system, but not that much more. I know for 9-12, we have 40 more students than then.

All of them have families, but it seems to me with how the responsibilities are delegated, it is manageable to be a coach.

If they think they can make it work, I have no problem with it. I have one that will be a freshman on the team, and I have others who don't play sports in the high school and elementary school. I don't see where any of them will be deprived of the direction they need from the faculty and administration.

21 hours ago, croz6110 said:

There are things being done and decisions being made to make it all work. You also have to remember that staffing at our schools may be different than TC. 

In our high school, we have a principal and 2 assistants.

In our elementary, which is only 4-6th, we have a principal and assistant.

When I was in school over 20 years ago, Gordonsville was K-12 with one principal and one assistant. Granted, we have more students in the system, but not that much more. I know for 9-12, we have 40 more students than then.

All of them have families, but it seems to me with how the responsibilities are delegated, it is manageable to be a coach.

If they think they can make it work, I have no problem with it. I have one that will be a freshman on the team, and I have others who don't play sports in the high school and elementary school. I don't see where any of them will be deprived of the direction they need from the faculty and administration.

I guess I will trust you on this. I just know this would never fly in TC. Clint Satterfield is our superintendent. I am sure you know that Jacket football is high on his priorities and he wants a coach in place who has football as his #1 focus and our administrators to focus #1 on academics/ discipline/mentoring teachers. Guess that is why Trousdale ranks so high in football and in test scores. 

4 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I guess I will trust you on this. I just know this would never fly in TC. Clint Satterfield is our superintendent. I am sure you know that Jacket football is high on his priorities and he wants a coach in place who has football as his #1 focus and our administrators to focus #1 on academics/ discipline/mentoring teachers. Guess that is why Trousdale ranks so high in football and in test scores. 

Gordonsville is not slouch in test scores or football. To be honest, from people I've talked to, Satterfield emphasis on football has waned considerably, and it's all about the test scores. Not saying it's right or wrong, but the emphasis on football is what it used to be from his standpoint.