Gordonsville 2018

croz6110

5 hours ago, croz6110 said:

They're no consolidating, and I don't believe anything is in stone to build a new high school.

Even if they do, I imagine they will still play at Turnry Ford Field.

I cannot imagine Carthage allowing them to play at Gordy's field over the Black Hole. To me if you consolidate, you make a new neutral field. 

There has been land donated for a new high school. How do you justify  passing that up? 

On 4/14/2018 at 7:50 PM, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I cannot imagine Carthage allowing them to play at Gordy's field over the Black Hole. To me if you consolidate, you make a new neutral field. 

There has been land donated for a new high school. How do you justify  passing that up? 

For one, it's not my decision, but even though the land is free, it will take a lot more dozer work than other properties. It's very rocky.

2 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Their high school isn't very old is it? Are they that crowded? Will Gordy jump to 2A? 

The high school is around 15-16 years old. It's for grades 7-12. As far as high school enrollment, we're around 330. That's up about 50 students in the last 20 years. So 2A is probably years down the road.

21 hours ago, croz6110 said:

I was mistaken, we're not scrimmaging Collinwood. We're scrimmaging Cornersville. Those names are easily confused, I guess.

I look forward to that.

Collinwood is in the Memphis area. That would be a heck of a road trip for a scrimmage.

Cornersville emerged last year out of the dark as a contender. Good measuring stick for Gordy. You returned the guns to compete with what they return. 

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:52 AM, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Collinwood is in the Memphis area. That would be a heck of a road trip for a scrimmage.

Cornersville emerged last year out of the dark as a contender. Good measuring stick for Gordy. You returned the guns to compete with what they return. 

Collinwood is in Wayne County.   It isn't that far from Cornersville.

Google Map of Collinwood