Macon Co. vs. McMinn Central

tssaafan

5 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

I didn’t see any great skill set from Dishman. You mention the district championship, Akira was 3 rebounds away from a triple double.  Upperman won that game and 3 others against the team that put yours out.  How many triple doubles does Dishman have?  How many double doubles does dishman have?  How did the game against Stone go when she didn’t play?  Other people on Upperman can shoot and play.  You cheer for your team.  I’ll cheer for mine. 

Dishman wasnt guarding Macon’s best player either.  If you know so much about basketball you should know that it’s about a lot more than scoring.  

I don't remember claiming that Dishman was all world or didn't make any mistakes, but she does play defense, generally on the point when they play man.  It's easy to get rebounds  and steals when you're not guarding anybody and just stand in the lane on defense.  

And Dishman has never slammed a ball, slapped the floor, argued with a referee, or made gestures toward the opposing team or their fans. And she CAN go left and play defense 

10 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

I don't remember claiming that Dishman was all world or didn't make any mistakes, but she does play defense, generally on the point when they play man.  It's easy to get rebounds  and steals when you're not guarding anybody and just stand in the lane on defense.  

And Dishman has never slammed a ball, slapped the floor, argued with a referee, or made gestures toward the opposing team or their fans. And she CAN go left and play defense 

Then why did they lose to Macon?  I mean with her being able to do all that they should have won.   

If all she does is drive and kick out to a shooter wonder how she has close to 900 points this season???

Edited by ElizabethGrace1320

6 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Yes, and ranked 18th for her position.  Haters gonna hate though. 

8 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Then why did they lose to Macon?  I mean with her being able to do all that they should have won.   

Macon played the best game they played all year. The only thing close to that was the district final first half. They played great.  Credit to them and their coach.  What skill set does levy have that makes her a top 100 player?  Other than, "OMG, she's just so awesome ".  Give me specifics. Without her 3 point shooters, she's just another quick point guard, that can't go left or play defense. I've seen 25 or 30 players this year, in middle and East Tennessee, that I would choose before her. I don't see it. 

35 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

I will give you one thing 32 can score the ball. I watched the entire CCHS and Macon game I didn’t see 32 play much defense. She would back peddle down the floor but never put any pressure on the ball. 

Levy accounted for between 45 and 50 points per game. Averaged 25 points and 10 assist per game so depending on 2 or 3 point shots. Call it what ever type of skill set you want but call one most girls would love to have. She will finish with around 2500 points and over a 1000 assists not bad numbers.

Make no mistake 32 for CCHS is a heck of a player at this point IMHO more of a scorer than anything else. She will play at the next level if that is what she wants to do.

Edited by UTRok

1 minute ago, Mw4vols said:

Macon played the best game they played all year. The only thing close to that was the district final first half. They played great.  Credit to them and their coach.  What skill set does levy have that makes her a top 100 player?  Other than, "OMG, she's just so awesome ".  Give me specifics. Without her 3 point shooters, she's just another quick point guard, that can't go left or play defense. I've seen 25 or 30 players this year, in middle and East Tennessee, that I would choose before her. I don't see it. 

You keep saying she can’t go left or play defense but she does both of those things and does it well.  She is an exceptional ball handler.  She’s excellent at reading the defense and intercepting the passes.  She is an awesome leader for her team.   She played AAU with the best in the country.  I could go on and on but it won’t matter.  Her stats speak high enough and not just on the points scored category.  

You stilll haven’t answered my questions about your girl.  How many double doubles?  How many triple doubles?  Which college has she signed with?  Doesn’t she play travel on her aunts/coaches team, Tennessee Stars? That’s impressive. 

31 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

Maybe you should go work for ESPN or a Division 1 college since you seem to know  25 to 30 players better than her in Tennessee.  You don't get ranked #66 in the nation overall and not be a great player who has proved in against great competition in the AAU Circuit .  

8 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Maybe you should go work for ESPN or a Division 1 college since you seem to know  25 to 30 players better than her in Tennessee.  You don't get ranked #66 in the nation overall and not be a great player who has proved in against great competition in the AAU Circuit .  

8 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I would wager that no person involved in the ranking system has ever seen her play, just like most of the people who comment on here.   Just jump on the band wagon, follow the propaganda,  and next thing you know, she's the best player you've never seen play.  

If you have video of her driving to the basket going left, post it here, so that we all can see she can

9 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

I would wager that no person involved in the ranking system has ever seen her play, just like most of the people who comment on here.   Just jump on the band wagon, follow the propaganda,  and next thing you know, she's the best player you've never seen play.  

If you have video of her driving to the basket going left, post it here, so that we all can see she can

I have watched every game this season and most games the past 3 seasons.  How many have you seen her play?  

13 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

Yea I'm sure people that have input for ESPN rankings don't watch these girls play during the AAU Circuit.  I'm sure the write ups they do about these players at the Boo Williams Invitational or the Nike National Invitation are just made up.  They pull magical numbers out of the air.  The other 7 TN womens players that are ranked in the top 100 in the nation are just made up too and none of these scouts even watch them.  She magically has a 95 ranking but its because of the propaganda.  I'm sure Western KY just offered her a scholarship because they wanted to jump on the band wagon......"Come on Man"

Edited by Swipes

4 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Yea I'm sure people that have input for ESPN rankings don't watch these girls play during the AAU Circuit.  I'm sure the write ups they do about these players at the Boo Williams Invitational or the Nike National Invitation are just made up.  They pull magical numbers out of the air.  The other 7 TN womens players that are ranked in the top 100 in the nation are just made up too and none of these scouts even watch them.  She magically has a 95 ranking but its because of the propaganda.  I'm sure Western KY just offered her a scholarship because they wanted to jump on the band wagon......"Come on Man"

There were several others that offered besides WKU.  I’m sure they are all band wagon fans as well.  Lol