T Perry to DCA

WaReAgLe3

2 hours ago, fb247 said:

Any news? College coach get an interview? He have a chance? My info says between Dorris and Wade.

College coach didn't get an  interview. A name not mentioned by you has a realistic shot. Assuming Wade has applied he would be the overwhelming choice of alums, board memebers, influential donors, and others. 

Edit:,That is not an indictment of Dorris but how much Wade is wanted. Meant no disrespect to any of the potential candidates.

Next week a coach will be named. 

Edited by Playerscoach

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

College coach didn't get an  interview. A name not mentioned by you has a realistic shot. Wade is the overwhelming choice of alums, board memebers, influential donors, and others. Haven't heard one person choose Dorris over Wade. If Wades $$$ cannot be worked out I think it will be the third finalist.

I know of 3 people currently affiliated with DCA have gotten interviews.  I am assuming the "third" finalist are/is included in that group?  

44 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

College coach didn't get an  interview. A name not mentioned by you has a realistic shot. Wade is the overwhelming choice of alums, board memebers, influential donors, and others. Haven't heard one person choose Dorris over Wade. If Wades $$$ cannot be worked out I think it will be the third finalist.

Who was the college coach if I may ask? Why no interview for him? Can DCA even be close to Wade's pay? Dorris have a chance? Skipping second finalist?

Edited by fb247

1 hour ago, ocac said:

I know of 3 people currently affiliated with DCA have gotten interviews.  I am assuming the "third" finalist are/is included in that group?  

1 hour ago, ocac said:

Ok. Only two of those are potentially finalists I assume? One probably knows he isn't but is a very well liked guy.

I am not sure how it's going to play out. Nobody knows who the finalists are at this moment. The people I talk to hope that Wade is interested and hope even more that DCA can get him on campus if possible.

My earlier post wasn't meant as a a slight against anyone, including Dorris if he's a candidate.  It's just Paul has a great resume and is an even better person. 

I have known Paul 40 years so I would love to see him back home if he's interested. I have no confirmation if he'd leave a great career at Ensworth either. I just know he's a great guy and coach. 

I will support whomever is chosen. 

Edited by Playerscoach

56 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Who was the college coach if I may ask? Why no interview for him? Can DCA even be close to Wade's pay? Dorris have a chance? Skipping second finalist?

I do not know Wades pay but he has 10 rings, 3 as a head coach. He's worth alot in this market and any school that has him on staff will have to be committed.

The college coach expressed interest from what I was told but nothing happened.

I don't know if there's an established finalist group yet? I would think however many there are would be attractive enough to hire?

Sounds like there are some good coaches interested? We will see if the stick to announcing next week?