Region 2 5A Off Season Thread

sx1234

5 hours ago, TheBigLebowski99 said:

This will be the best conference through and through in 5A. Central, South Doyle, and Sevier County all should be really tough. We have seen it the last two years with Central and South Doyle. If one of these three teams get hot late, watch out!!

I wouldn't go that far just yet, next year (2019) maybe as most of these teams were loaded heavily with sophomore talent

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/30/2018 at 6:20 PM, gobears89 said:

Smoky Bears have a shot at another State run. Would not surprise me if they run the region table undefeated. I expect region 1 will be weak  and other than maybe SD and Central the Bears will have the best player on the field in region 2 games, so the path of least resistance still at this point is in east tn 5A. Region 3&4 have better talent but they will have to beat up each other so who knows come playoff time. My guess is healthiest team wins late season games and if super soph is healthy along w some other key kids the Smoky Bears will be as good as anybody.

GoBears!!

Who's the best player on the field? The freshmen QB last year looked like your top talent, and I will say I was very impressed with the young man. However, I wouldn't say he is the best player in the region just yet.  I would say they have a shot to make it to the semi finals, but so do 4 other teams in this region really now that Morristown West is 6A and region 1 doesn't have anybody else.

3 hours ago, sx1234 said:

I wouldn't go that far just yet, next year (2019) maybe as most of these teams were loaded heavily with sophomore talent

I tend to agree. With that. 5A across the board looks to me to be pretty wide open, or at least if you take out the private school playing out the charade that they should be in D1 instead of D2. 

• 2 weeks later...