Blackman enters new era wth Blue White game

Blaze45

It should be an interesting season to say the least. I am not sure about the new found talent but I know that with the returners in place and yes as mentioned giving the new transfer someone to throw to that he didn't have in this game on the white team could create a whole new look for us. Did I just see things or did anyone get the new QB on film hurdling over a player on a run to gain major yards? He seems to be the right fit for bringing some excitement to the team.

The backs look very strong and a lot of power and speed in their legs.

My take was that the blue team was stacked and the white team showed them up which hopefully woke up the others. Both teams gave up 25+ points though so the defense will need tightened up or teams like Oakland will eat us alive.

There's work to be done but with the new QB and a tighter D I think this is our season. I am not sure many other teams will be able to win the battle when all is said and done.

The coaches seem to be jelling very well which is always good.

5 minutes ago, scoutemout said:

It should be an interesting season to say the least. I am not sure about the new found talent but I know that with the returners in place and yes as mentioned giving the new transfer someone to throw to that he didn't have in this game on the white team could create a whole new look for us. Did I just see things or did anyone get the new QB on film hurdling over a player on a run to gain major yards? He seems to be the right fit for bringing some excitement to the team.

The backs look very strong and a lot of power and speed in their legs.

My take was that the blue team was stacked and the white team showed them up which hopefully woke up the others. Both teams gave up 25+ points though so the defense will need tightened up or teams like Oakland will eat us alive.

There's work to be done but with the new QB and a tighter D I think this is our season. I am not sure many other teams will be able to win the battle when all is said and done.

The coaches seem to be jelling very well which is always good.

I think the additional backs  Elder (Cleveland transfer) Napier (McGavock transfer) alongside Brown returning and the new QB adds additional power be it in a two back set  or option.  Defensively both teams were split pretty even. I think you put all the 1's back on defense you will see a difference. We do have to do better job swarming the ball wrapping up.It was sloppy in some areas, but still looks like a good bunch of talent to work with. I think the Coaches are working well with each other and there seems to be a strong bond there.

Elder can be a head case. I saw him plenty when he played against us. I hope he’s learned to control his emotions. The kid can fly but I still think him leaving should’ve been turned into the Tssaa. There was no hardship involved. I know the family. They played the TSSAA. If I were Cleveland I’d fight to have him sit. 

Edited by justheretocauseproblems

6 hours ago, justheretocauseproblems said:

Elder can be a head case. I saw him plenty when he played against us. I hope he’s learned to control his emotions. The kid can fly but I still think him leaving should’ve been turned into the Tssaa. There was no hardship involved. I know the family. They played the TSSAA. If I were Cleveland I’d fight to have him sit. 

I don't really know the family , and may be missing something, but he is a good 2 and 1/2 hours away from where he lived and would be a senior right? Do you have to show a hardship if your family moves and it is your senior year? I believe as long as you move outside the zone for the school you previously played for. with a parent /guardian you can pretty much play. I might be missing something though.

Honestly I’m glad Elder is gone. He’s a talented kid but has a very bad attitude that can ruin a team. He thinks he can get his way and do whatever he wants. He’s all about himself and is very selfish.  I know the real reason that he came to Blackman but won’t put personal info on here. I’m not on here to bash him but Cleveland as a team will be better without him. Goodluck with him blackman

Edited by fooseball95

8 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Honestly I’m glad Elder is gone. He’s a talented kid but has a very bad attitude that can ruin a team. He thinks he can get his way and do whatever he wants. He’s all about himself and is very selfish.  I know the real reason that he came to Blackman but won’t put personal info on here. I’m not on here to bash him but Cleveland as a team will be better without him. Goodluck with him blackman

The one thing that will not be tolerated is bad attitude. There are at least 3 other backs that can handle the load  Brown (a returning starter from second half of last year) Ta'Micus Napier, Matt Hall and and 3 or 4 upcoming sophomores. I believe the coaches will keep him inline or set him on the sidelines or bleachers if the attitude isn't right.There is enough talent and people on the field that want to do things right, to not put up with BS.

13 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

The one thing that will not be tolerated is bad attitude. There are at least 3 other backs that can handle the load  Brown (a returning starter from second half of last year) Ta'Micus Napier, Matt Hall and and 3 or 4 upcoming sophomores. I believe the coaches will keep him inline or set him on the sidelines or bleachers if the attitude isn't right.There is enough talent and people on the field that want to do things right, to not put up with BS.

As it should be!!!! I commend you! 

17 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I don't really know the family , and may be missing something, but he is a good 2 and 1/2 hours away from where he lived and would be a senior right? Do you have to show a hardship if your family moves and it is your senior year? I believe as long as you move outside the zone for the school you previously played for. with a parent /guardian you can pretty much play. I might be missing something though.

No the family had to move and trust me, his dad cuts all of Cleveland’s hair. He apparently stays with a sibling maybe? That’s illegal. I know some school around Chattanooga that are considering turning them in

9 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Problem is what happens if we face you all again like we did 2 years ago... That was a close one.

BIG bad Blackman HAPPY about a few kids that transferred into your school LOL. You still can't beat Oakland or Cookeville......a bunch of losers with an over hyped program. Go Oakland Patriots

BIG bad Blackman HAPPY about a few kids that transferred into your school LOL. You still can't beat Oakland or Cookeville......a bunch of losers with an over hyped program. Go Oakland Patriots

Blackman has beaten Cookeville all but 3 times they played in the school(Blackman's 17 year history) and handed Oakland a few losses as well, including beating them for the district Championships.  Didn't say we would beat them this year either, but since you have spare time in between your 1st period and  lunch bell maybe you can youtube 2015, 2016 and games with Cookeville and the 2014 game on ESPN with Oakland... By the way how was that choke sandwich that Whitehaven and Maryville fed you the last two years. 

Edited by Blaze45