Justice for Marshall County please read.

jshanes

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I think Davis has the potential to be a more complete running back than either Pitts or Williams. He is taller and has a better frame for it. If he can add about 15 pounds he could be a very good back for a D1 school in my opinion. The problem with comparing these guys is they are all different kinds of runner with different abilities. Pitts is more of a up-the-middle power back with the ability to make some cuts and bust the long run. However, he lacks the raw speed to be a big time prospect in my opinion (nothing against the kid i love him to death). Davis has a better frame and is more of a prototype pure runningback at the high school level. He has good speed (though the 4.3 is exaggerated - if he's that fast then he's faster than probably 95% of NFL players). Williams is not a true running back IMO. If he were at a big school with a good passing game he'd be a WR. At 5'11" 175-80lbs he will probably project to be a WR/DB in college as he's probably not going to get up to 200+lbs and is quite frankly too good of an athlete to simply be a skat back. I'd let him play center field on defense and light people up.

They're all different kinds of players. I'd say Earnest and Mario are the pure talents while Artis is a very good high school player who probably is just short of the physical talents to be a big time college running back. I expect both Williams and Davis to be playing big time college football but I see Davis as a RB MAYBE WR while Williams is probably strictly a WR/DB prospect. Just my opinion.

Volfan911

good post vol911... really though this ain't gymnastics or figure skating where you watch players and decide who is the best individual player.

this is a team sport and crockett county won 45-0. ptroy can try to turn it into "my best player ran over yours 1 time even though artis had 3 touchdowns and we didn't score any" or "earnest goes down easy even though he ran back a punt, a kickoff, had a 50 yard pass catch and a 60 yard run", but when the smoke clears Crockett County took the game.

every year a Mac" coached team will have a great record and play mostly non-contenders out of region to pad the stats....but always bites the dust in the quarters or less. you saw the true character of these teams fri at CC. no class whatsoever...maybe a little justice for beating a 1a school like loretto 63-6 a few years ago. the problem is mc practices all summer and by nov. they are done for...i believe their record speaks for itself...no one is going to get on a coach who averages a 9-2 record. they have only had 5 close games in their region in the four years that mac has been there. go back to his stay at moore co. and it is the same o same o....you will see the true character if they ever go 3-7....yes 45-0 is a little justice and they let down middle- tn. football as usual.

5'10? hardly. Realistically, artis is more like 5'8". nothing against the guy i love him to death. but unless a running back has super speed at that size it's hard for them to be a big time prospect. again, i wish people wouldn't take what i'm saying as negative (see the witten post), i'm just being realistic and i don't see artis as a major D1 prospect. i do think he can and should play D1 football somewhere. he has plenty of athletic ability. i just see more potential in Davis and Williams.

Volfan911