Dyersburg at Brighton

Trojan1976

What's anyone input on this game Friday night? Brighton, I think the Cardinals made it to the semifinals last year, and surprised a lot of people. I saw them in the Jamboree a few wks ago vs Obion , my take is this will be a pretty good game for both teams.

Edited by Trojan1976

What I saw from Brighton at the Jamboree was a couple of good looking receivers. They lost last week to Houston High (Shelby County). The Covington paper says their QB passed for 175 yards on 16 of 25. passing. That's why I think they will put the ball in the air.

As far as Dyersburg goes, I did not see much from them at the Jamboree. Maybe that was just due to a good effort by my Chargers, but they were only able to score against our subs with 30-odd seconds left. I was not impressed.

Yes, you are right about C Russell and I still believe he is overlooked. I don't think opponents realize how good the young man is until its too late. The entire team came ready to play and were somewhat focus. I say somewhat because of all the penalities.....However. season is still young. Coach Stowe has a stable of good running backs as well. If this team stays healthy. Focus and continue to improve this can be a "magical year" at JC Sawyers stadium.

Edited by Trojan1976