FINALLY, Oak Ridge takes down Farragut

WillieTheWildcats

On 8/28/2018 at 12:41 PM, BigG said:

He probably has been...

Not sure if Mountain is referring to the club coach using this "tactic" or me.

Either way, "going to the corners" has served me well over the past 25 years.  It might not be a popular tactic, but it definitely wins games.  

I do NOT condone players intentionally kicking a ball away, or walking slowly to a ball, but I do stress to be smart about restarts.  No need to sprint to get the ball back in.

My thoughts have always been, if we have the ball, they don't.  So if we possess to the corner, they can't score.  

If we cross and score another goal, GREAT!  But if we miss or the keeper saves it, then that gives the opponent the chance to counter and score (of which Oak Ridge was doing quite well near the end).

I think Oak Ridge will do quite well.  Their last goal was a CRACKER from about 30 yards out!  Good luck to Gorman and the Lady Wildcats!

Thank you for the kind words to Coach Gorman and his young Lady SoccerCats. It can be rough on these CoachT boards so to see a nice post is very welcomed. The OR Ladies are now 7 - 2 with tough defeats to CPA and Knox. West. They also own good wins over many good teams.

FYI, I don't want to sound hypocritical, I post negative posts and wish I did not.