Lebanon at Hendersonville

CommandoPride1478

Hendersonville played sloppy and some of the play calling was atrocious, not a Bundy lead offense. Lebanon really is not that good and I didn’t see 5-6 players on that defense that will play on Saturdays. The UGA commit passes the eye test, but really wasn’t much of a factor tonight. 

Agree that the Commandos played extremely sloppy, don’t agree about the play calling comment. When you are constantly in long yardage situations due to penalties not a lot of plays for 2nd and 20.  3 huge plays in the game were the run by soph RB Brent Rowe of 70 yds that got us off of our own 5 yd line, Kincaid’s 67 yd game winner with 6 min to go and maybe the biggest play was the interception Crite threw inside the 5 yard line with  the Blue Devils up 3 late in the 3rd quarter.  Kudos to the Devils on hard they played and their coaching staff.  However, not happy with the leadership of their band as they played when we had the ball and only when we came to the line of scrimmage and really cranked the decibel level up.  Classless in my opinion.  Ugly win tonight but I will take it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

Not sure that I would say the region is very down.  Its just the have and have nots (like most regions).  3 VERY good teams and 3 not so good teams.  Rossview is down but Lebanon is way up.  SC and WC seem to be about where they always are.  SC is getting better (D is pretty solid) and WC seems to be getting worse. I think SC gets the 4th playoff seed.

Anyway...I agree this should be a great game with both times having a great chance to win.  Turnovers will play a huge factor for sure.  Hopefully HHS can keep that aggressive Lebanon D from causing any.....will be a challenge for sure.

Those chances took a big blow tonight. They are almost eliminated to be honest. Because Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet and Rossview all are 2-0 in the region. And Hendersonville and Rossview have wins over Station Camp. So some upsets are gonna have to happen for them to get in the playoffs.

They will not get in over any of those 3 teams above because of tiebreakers. Pretty much the only realistic way for them to get in would be to beat Lebanon and Wilson Central.

24 minutes ago, eers said:

Hendersonville played sloppy and some of the play calling was atrocious, not a Bundy lead offense. Lebanon really is not that good and I didn’t see 5-6 players on that defense that will play on Saturdays. The UGA commit passes the eye test, but really wasn’t much of a factor tonight. 

I haven't seen him be much of a factor this season. I guess he takes pressure off of his teammates.

2 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

A win is a win is a win... Congrats to my Commando friends and fans 

And this was a big win as far as seedings/playoffs. This was the difference between a winnable home playoff game and having to go on the road against Blackman/Oakland in the 1st round.

13 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

Agree that the Commandos played extremely sloppy, don’t agree about the play calling comment. When you are constantly in long yardage situations due to penalties not a lot of plays for 2nd and 20.  3 huge plays in the game were the run by soph RB Brent Rowe of 70 yds that got us off of our own 5 yd line, Kincaid’s 67 yd game winner with 6 min to go and maybe the biggest play was the interception Crite threw inside the 5 yard line with  the Blue Devils up 3 late in the 3rd quarter.  Kudos to the Devils on hard they played and their coaching staff.  However, not happy with the leadership of their band as they played when we had the ball and only when we came to the line of scrimmage and really cranked the decibel level up.  Classless in my opinion.  Ugly win tonight but I will take it.

Play calling to me was not taking what was given. I just felt like they didn’t take advantage of clear weaknesses that I saw. Lebanon’s big d lineman was not at all playing sound technique and could have been exploited. I believe upon watching film, they will agree. The penalties were terrible and have to be cleaned up to win the region. I still believe this can go to either Hendersonville or MJ. 

4 minutes ago, eers said:

Play calling to me was not taking what was given. I just felt like they didn’t take advantage of clear weaknesses that I saw. Lebanon’s big d lineman was not at all playing sound technique and could have been exploited. I believe upon watching film, they will agree. The penalties were terrible and have to be cleaned up to win the region. I still believe this can go to either Hendersonville or MJ. 

I think so. But ultimately I don't think it matters much beyond the 1st round.

19 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

Those chances took a big blow tonight. They are almost eliminated to be honest. Because Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet and Rossview all are 2-0 in the region. And Hendersonville and Rossview have wins over Station Camp. So some upsets are gonna have to happen for them to get in the playoffs.

They will not get in over any of those 3 teams above because of tiebreakers. Pretty much the only realistic way for them to get in would be to beat Lebanon and Wilson Central.

I haven't seen him be much of a factor this season. I guess he takes pressure off of his teammates.

And this was a big win as far as seedings/playoffs. This was the difference between a winnable home playoff game and having to go on the road against Blackman/Oakland in the 1st round.

Yeah I thought SC would beat Rossview.  Wrong on that one.  Guess Rossview will be the 4th seed

Lebanon played better offensively than they have all season IMO but couldn’t put anything together in the two possessions they had after Hville scored to go up in 4Q. Commandos were able to exploit Lebanon D up the middle as they had 3 long runs by three different players, 2 for TDs. Nobody else has really done that to that extent vs Lebanon this year. 

Hville vs MJ in the final week for the region title should be a good one. 

Lebanon has those two out of the way but can’t afford anymore region losses or they risk missing the playoffs. Their final 3 region games will all be at home. 8-2 regular season would be another step in rebuilding this program based on where it was just 2 years ago. 

Edited by firstandgoal