Germantown........?

Lost Old Dad

16 minutes ago, Respect901fball said:

I've heard the "not having our guy" reason/excuse a couple of times since the young man was injured. But honestly, when he was playing Ridgeway was still in that game. When you have so many D1/P5 guys on a team and you're playing teams with maybe 1 or 2 D1 kids, and in some cases none, should it really make that much of a difference? 

The difference it makes is a couple of key plays that would’ve been made that were possibly missed. A missed tackle on a 3rd conversation can be a game changer in a close game between two talented teams. It’s not an excuse; injuries are a part of the game but we still have to find a way to win regardless. Ridgeway gave us a close game but we won with him; Lausanne who is obviously a lot better gave us a closer game but we lost without him; what’s the common denominator. Lausanne and NLR both have D1 talent just like us. But to simply answer your question yes missing your best player absolutely makes a difference in a tight game even if you have other good players. 

1 hour ago, Havengrad04 said:

The difference it makes is a couple of key plays that would’ve been made that were possibly missed. A missed tackle on a 3rd conversation can be a game changer in a close game between two talented teams. It’s not an excuse; injuries are a part of the game but we still have to find a way to win regardless. Ridgeway gave us a close game but we won with him; Lausanne who is obviously a lot better gave us a closer game but we lost without him; what’s the common denominator. Lausanne and NLR both have D1 talent just like us. But to simply answer your question yes missing your best player absolutely makes a difference in a tight game even if you have other good players. 

He isn't the only really good player that we are missing. We are also missing a really good DT. We've been playing without him all season. He didn't play against Lausanne nor NLRHS either. Hopefully we get him back really soon. We will continue to miss #6 who got kicked off the team before the season started. I think the secondary is really starting to learn how to have life after him He had only been a starter since he was a sophomore. Throw in the fact that #26 played his firat game of the season against NLRHS because he was serving a suspension. He was a little rusty, but overall he looked pretty good. It was good to finally get him back.

All and all, i'm impressed with the coaching staff to be honest. They have been thrown so many curve balls out of left field, it's hard to keep up with them all. Throw in the really tough out-of-region opponents we've played and it's all a plus.

Like I've said, I'd rather keep Bryson sidelined, and he heal completely, then to throw him out there too early. Whitehaven has taken some shots and we have had some haymakers thrown our way. Every time, those guys fight back like champions. Honestly, we are doing as well as we have due to the DEPTH we've shown.

Then, throw in the fact that our OC is operating outside his comfort zone, and we are increasingly becoming a better passing team, because of the weapons we have on the wings, is also something to be very pleased about. 

Yeah, we are 3-2, and we still have two undefeated teams in region, and the 4th team in our region who has taken losses, ain't chopped liver. I would have liked for us to be undefeated, but considering the circumstances and how we've played to date ... I'm very .... Very ... VERY optomistic. We still have everything in front of us and we know our strenghts and weaknesses, throw in the PT some guys have gotten because others are out. I like our chances.

Edited by kwc

1 hour ago, Havengrad04 said:

I see where you're coming from.  Lausanne has A P5 (Michigan) running back on their roster as well as multiple D1(FBS/FCS) guys.  Playing them has become a rivalry of sorts.  I understand why it was a competitive game. But based on talent alone... it shouldn't have been close. South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Ohio State, Tennessee (didn't play) , not to mention the guys with the P6 offers (multiple) and FCS offers.  North Little Rocks best offer/ commit is Memphis.  The other is going to North Texas.  They are obviously doing something right to be ranked as high as they are though. At the end of the day, the haven won't see another team with the talent they have on their squad, and that's without the injured players. No need to make excuses with that talent.  I think it's more about the chemistry as opposed to the loss of players. At the end of the day it's about the JImmys and the Joes and "the haven" has plenty.   

14 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Please explain to me how a team with double digit D1 prospects is 3-2. 

Simple. Lausanne and North Little Rock High schools are two of the best High school football teams in this part of the United States. Both can play and beat ANYBODY that fields a high school football team. We lost to both in competitive games. Neither team is a scrub and will probably play in their respective state championship games this season. (Both have multiple D1 prospects as well)

I thought that folks want to see good competition play aginst good competition? That's exactly what the Whitehaven coach did. He arranged to play against some very good non-region opponents. Games that everyone wanted to see happen. You may lose when you schedule against very good quality opponents. It's a possibility.

I would have preferred wins, but there is no shame in either of those losses whatsoever.

Edited by kwc

13 minutes ago, kwc said:

He isn't the only really good player that we are missing. We are also missing a really good DT. We've been playing without him all season. He didn't play against Lausanne nor NLRHS either. Hopefully we get him back really soon. We will continue to miss #6 who got kicked off the team before the season started. I think the secondary is really starting to learn how to have life after him He had only been a starter since he was a sophomore. Throw in the fact that #26 played his firat game of the season against NLRHS because he was serving a suspension. He was a little rusty, but overall he looked pretty good. It was good to finally get him back.

All and all, i'm impressed with the coaching staff to be honest. They have been thrown so many curve balls out of left field, it's hard to keep up with them all. Throw in the really tough out-of-region opponents we've played and it's all a plus.

Like I've said, I'd rather keep Bryson sidelined, and he heal completely, then to throw him out there too early. Whitehaven has taken some shots and we have had some haymakers thrown our way. Every time, those guys fight back like champions. Honestly, we are doing as well as we have due to the DEPTH we've shown.

Then, throw in the fact that our OC is operating outside his comfort zone, and we are increasingly becoming a better passing team, because of the weapons we have on the wings, is also something to be very pleased about. 

Yeah, we are 3-2, and we still have two undefeated teams in region, and the 4th team in our region who has taken losses, ain't chopped liver. I would have liked for us to be undefeated, but considering the circumstances and how we've played to date ... I'm very .... Very ... VERY optomistic. We still have everything in front of us and we know our strenghts and weaknesses, throw in the PT some guys have gotten because others are out. I like our chances.

Definitely understand where you're coming from. But lets keep things in perspective....it's week 6! Every team either has a injury or has a key player hampered by nagging pain.  With all of the depth they have it's time for the others to step up. 

All and all... the tough schedule will benefit the team. The last 3 or for games is all that matters.

14 minutes ago, Respect901fball said:

I see where you're coming from.  Lausanne has A P5 (Michigan) running back on their roster as well as multiple D1(FBS/FCS) guys.  Playing them has become a rivalry of sorts.  I understand why it was a competitive game. But based on talent alone... it shouldn't have been close. South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Ohio State, Tennessee (didn't play) , not to mention the guys with the P6 offers (multiple) and FCS offers.  North Little Rocks best offer/ commit is Memphis.  The other is going to North Texas.  They are obviously doing something right to be ranked as high as they are though. At the end of the day, the haven won't see another team with the talent they have on their squad, and that's without the injured players. No need to make excuses with that talent.  I think it's more about the chemistry as opposed to the loss of players. At the end of the day it's about the JImmys and the Joes and "the haven" has plenty.   

Don't confuse one team having offers against another team who doesn't have as many. Whitehaven has players with so many offers because of the system and the work the coaching staff puts in to get thier players exposed. More importantly, the HC. Lausanna nor North Little  Rock has the system in place that Whithaven has built. In fact ... these coaches need to learn from Rodney Saulsberry on HOW to do it. I say that because Whitehaven has continually, on a regular basis, been having more and more success getting players recruited. It is on purpose. If NLRHS and Lausanne had in place what Whitehaven has in place, they would BOTH have more players being recruited to D1 programs.

Don't confuse the two.

Edited by kwc

1 minute ago, kwc said:

Don't confuse one team having offers against another team who doesn't have as many. Whitehaven has players with so many offers because of the system and the work the coachin staff puts in to get thier players exposed. Lausanna nor North Little  Rock has the system in place that Whithaven has built. In fact ... these coaches need to learn from Rodney Saulsberry on HOW to do it. I say that because Whitehaven has continually, on a regular basis, been having more and more success getting players recruited. It is on purpose. If NLRHS and Lausanne had in place what Whitehaven has in place, they would BOTH have more players being recruited to D1 programs.

Don't confuse the two.

I agree. 100%  Coach does a good job.

11 minutes ago, Respect901fball said:

Definitely understand where you're coming from. But lets keep things in perspective....it's week 6! Every team either has a injury or has a key player hampered by nagging pain.  With all of the depth they have it's time for the others to step up. 

All and all... the tough schedule will benefit the team. The last 3 or for games is all that matters.

I am keeping it in perspective ... for one, we aren't talking about 1 key player, and two, it's a reason why those people who were playing 2nd fiddle, were playing 2nd fiddle in the first place. Stepping up is harder to do when the competition is quality, like yourself. It will show. Whitehven's next two opponents are Hamilton and Trezevant. It won't show in thos games. Perspective.

Agreed ... that last three of the season are what matter the most.

Edited by kwc

17 minutes ago, kwc said:

Don't confuse one team having offers against another team who doesn't have as many. Whitehaven has players with so many offers because of the system and the work the coaching staff puts in to get thier players exposed. More importantly, the HC. Lausanna nor North Little  Rock has the system in place that Whithaven has built. In fact ... these coaches need to learn from Rodney Saulsberry on HOW to do it. I say that because Whitehaven has continually, on a regular basis, been having more and more success getting players recruited. It is on purpose. If NLRHS and Lausanne had in place what Whitehaven has in place, they would BOTH have more players being recruited to D1 programs.

Don't confuse the two.

Which also brings up another question.... Are some of those kids NOT as good as their rankings and offer lists portrays? At the end of the day... They won! They are going to some major Universities!  I applaud Coach for getting it done.  I just haven't seen it yet?  Have you? Is it the system? Coaching? What? Chemistry? 

Just now, Respect901fball said:

Which also brings up another question.... Are some of those kids NOT as good as their rankings and offer lists portrays? At the end of the day... They won! They are going to some major Universities!  I applaud Coach for getting it done.  I just haven't seen it yet?  Have you? Is it the system? Coaching? What? Chemistry? 

I know a couple of the transfers came from Lausanne and East. DII-AA is tough but is it thaaaat tough over all.  4a football is totally different from 6A especially with the schedule Whitehaven has.