You can't get there from here, Longhorn edition

plumb69

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drive down to Hampton the go to Elizabethton. Get on interstate drive to Kingsport. Get on 11 go to Bean station then get on US25E go across mountain to Tazewell. You will see the road to high school right before you get into town. 

Its about 157 miles from JCHS to CHS. I have drove it many times while working for the state. 

Good Luck Drive Safe

13 hours ago, rbullen57 said:

Drive down to Hampton the go to Elizabethton. Get on interstate drive to Kingsport. Get on 11 go to Bean station then get on US25E go across mountain to Tazewell. You will see the road to high school right before you get into town. 

Its about 157 miles from JCHS to CHS. I have drove it many times while working for the state. 

Good Luck Drive Safe

Thanks, we get out at 12, pretty good haul

9 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

West Tennesseans probably have no concept of trying to negotiate the ridge and valley as well as the mountain terrain of East Tennessee. I did a map search. The first option time wise said head up to Damascus then down to Abingdon then south on I-81. 

20 hours ago, Oldplaycaller said:

From reading knoxville newspaper you had better be ready for "fight". Literally..

We know how to get there.  We wont fight but we know how too.  Oliver spring game got way out of control

On 9/24/2018 at 9:39 PM, Oldplaycaller said:

From reading knoxville newspaper you had better be ready for "fight". Literally..

I don’t foresee a problem. There won’t be Clinch Valley Football Officials calling the game. They allowed the game to get out of control and continued to call the game one sided. They did the Anderson County/Clinton game and it was a mess as well. 

On 9/24/2018 at 9:39 PM, Oldplaycaller said:

Welcome to the T Oldplaycaller. There must be something in the water with all the fighting going on over that way. Talking about getting to the game (my topic title was rhetorical but whatever) I will continue the literary spirit of GREYRIDERx on the Maryville/William Blount thread: In his book "Blue Highways" Least Heat Moon said the mountains between Bean Station and Tazewell were not spelled correctly. It should be the Clench mountains because both hands better be clenching the steering wheel.

Geography and literature aside GO HORNS, safe travels and get a W back to Johnson County!