Maryville vs Morristown West --- Round 2

Philster043

FLUKE! Ok I'll take a fluke like that any time.If you are ridding on the over-confidence train or that the last game was a fluke, then you'll be sadly mistaken. Not saying it can't happen because anything is possible at this point in the season, but make no misstake the Maryville Team is very focused! My son who plays says they are ready and have been warned by the Coaches not to look past more west. I know they won't because this group of seniors are leaders and will be ready for sure. see you there!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end this game will be decided by whichever team can get fired up and play 4 good quarters of football, but I do believe that Maryville has an edge over Morristown West psychologically because Maryville has beaten them a combined 73-14 in their last two meetings and the MoWest kids know this. I guess we will just have to see, I see the MoWest players cracking under the pressure of the lights, the 2-time defending state champs, and the overflowing crowd that is going to be at this game, whichever it is, it doesn't matter . . . .

MHS-34

MWHS-10

Admit it, you wish you were a rebel.

Guest trojantough

I wish I was a Rebel? nah, I would never want to be anything but a Trojan. But you are right, Mowest have to overcome the psychological dominance that Maryville has on them. I mean lets face it, if it was not for Maryville........West COULD quiet possibly be a two time state champ as well. The West kids know that they have an up hill climb. Coulda woulda shoulda.....both teams better come to play or someone will go home upset.

Hite, how is that leg?

Everyone know Jhite plays baseball and knows my old neighbor Bret Lindsey and he knows Derek Calkin too. But anyway...Maryville is going to win this game because I said so. Yeah I said so and that's why we are going to win. And nobody appreciates Brad Lawson more than Infamous, I watched him play his butt off in a losing effort. He ran hard until the end...he will do the same tommorow but we will shut him down.