Whitehaven vs Central @ Crump, Week 8

kwc

On 9/29/2018 at 8:39 PM, baylorbigdog1976 said:

I don’t get it. I know whitehaven has played a few good teams but no one in the state has more talent on a team.

Season not over but with this talent they should not lose a game 

BBD1976:

I told a coworker of mine back in the preseason that, according to those who've looked at the ratings on the players that we have on this team, that the prevailing thought would be that Whitehaven should have an undefeated season and win the gold ball. Anything less, in most folks eyes, would be a disappointing season. He responded with, "You can't put those kind of expectations on high school kids!" And before he could get on his soapbox, and go on a rant about placing such a heavy burden on a bunch of teenagers I had to stop him mid sentence and simply state to him .. "Regardless of how heavy a burden that you think that may seem to be. ... Those are the expectations." "Like it or not, those are the benchmarks. It is what it is." "It is the price that comes with having such a successful recruitment program. "

He looked at me incredulously. I went on to say ... "That is what every program should strive for ... ridiculously incredibly high standards and expectations." 

Not to mention, being regarded as one of the best means, you get everybody's best shot.

The beautiful thing about this team is this, they have yet to peak. As we head into region play, we've looked more and more like a TEAM. Doesn't matter a hill of beans how many guys have stars by their names and multiple D1 offers, this is still a TEAM sport. Teenagers are susceptible to "reading their own press clippings" and "being told that they are the man", just as much as an adult would be affected by stuff like that if they aren't careful. Getting hit in the mouth by a national power can have an amazing effect on a team's psychological perspective.

As Havengrad04 said, now the season really begins.

Edited by kwc

On 9/29/2018 at 8:39 PM, baylorbigdog1976 said:

I don’t get it. I know whitehaven has played a few good teams but no one in the state has more talent on a team.

if they do not pull it together it will be a giant disappointment. Season not over but with this talent they should not lose a game 

OP PLAYERS
Bryson Eason 6'3" 250 Junior LB/RB 4.6 4stars.jpg
Melvin McBride 6'4" 315 Senior OL/DT 4.9 3halfstars.jpg
Cormontae Hamilton 6'3" 240 Senior TE/OLB 4.6 3halfstars.jpg

ADDITIONAL D1 PROSPECTS
Tamarion McDonald 6-2 220 Junior S 4stars.jpg
Martavius French 6-2 235 Junior ILB 4stars.jpg
Keveon Mullins 6'2" 205 Senior WR 3halfstars.jpg
Devin Boddie 5'11" 165 Senior WR 3stars.jpg
Jacobi Rice 6'3" 260 Senior SDE 2stars.jpg
Tyler Hunter 5'10" 220 Senior ILB 2stars.jpg
Vincent Guy 5'10" 165 Senior CB 2stars.jpg

I think we're done losing games this season 

Schedules:

Central

Date                Opponent        Venue  Score

17-Aug            Melrose              CR       31-6

31-Aug            East                     FG       42-0

7-Sep               Mitchell             CR       49-7

14-Sep             DeSoto Cntrl    CR       12-9

21-Sep             Fairley               CR       40-6

28-Sep             Collierville        CR       37-20

5-Oct               Whitehaven      CR*    

19-Oct             Germantown    A*      

26-Oct             White Station   FG*    

Whitehaven

Date                Opponent        Venue  Score

18-Aug       Fairley                      H         35-0

25-Aug       Ridgeway                HAL    21-14

31-Aug       Cordova                  H         41-13

6-Sep         Lausanne                RC       23-26 OT

14-Sep      Nrth Lttl Rck            A          35-46

21-Sep      Hamilton                 CR        76-0

28-Sep      Trezevant                H         35-0

5-Oct        Central                     CR*    

19-Oct      Wht Sttn                 H*      

26-Oct     Grmntwn                 A*      

Data courtesey of Shelby Metro Sports Blog webpage's updated Schedules page.

Edited by kwc

The following links are courtesy of the Shelby Metro Sports Blog web site.

Go here to see the updated team stats for (Central and Whitehaven) all of the teams in Shelby County as of 09-28-18.  (Scoring Offense, Rushing Offense, Passing Offense, Total Offense, Scoring Defense, Rushing Defense, Passing Defense, Total Defense)

Go here to see updated individual stats for (Central and Whitehaven) all of the football players on teams in high school football in Shelby County as of 09-28-18. (Rushing, most carries, most rushing TDs, Passing, most passing TDs, etc.)

Edited by kwc

BHS ... when is the last time that WH had a QB who was 2nd in TD passes in all of Shelby County? WH has had some QBs with some really good passing stats, but not like this year's TD passes thrown and total yardage passing. When is the last time WH's passing game outgained it's run game, like it is currently?

On 9/30/2018 at 1:29 PM, dannyq said:

If you want a dose of Memphis High School football come to Crump Friday. The house should be packed!!!

Man, I can't wait either. I'm looking forward to this one. Region play begins! Crump is going to be bumper to bumper traffic. Better get there early!

The stas that are provided below came from here courtesy of the Shelby Metro Sports Blog Spot Webpage.

Team scoring stats

Here are two charts for all of the area teams 1-68 as of Wednesday, October 3, 2018. The first chart is most points per game and the second is fewest points allowed per game for every team in Shelby County.

Offense

Most pts/gm

No.

Team

G

PTS

AVG

Whitehaven

Central

Defense

Fewest pts/gm

No.

Team

G

PTS

AVG

Central

Whitehaven

Something has to give. BHS, what is your over/under for this game?

Edited by kwc