Livingston Academy (4-3) at Westmoreland (5-2)

steelcityroller

Both teams come into this game and look to get a good win as they come down the final stretch.

Livingston Academy is 4-3 with losses to some very good opponents in 6A Cookeville, Upperman and Stone Memorial. Cookeville is gonna be a playoff team in 6A and Upperman/Stone Memorial are both top 10 teams in 3A. But the wins aren't too great on paper. I would say that Smith County is an opponent that is comparable to Westmoreland and LA beat them 24-14.

Westmoreland is 5-2 and similar to Livingston Academy has lost to very good opponents and beat lesser competition. They lost by a combined score of 0-79 to Trousdale and Watertown. They beat Clarksville Academy 12-10 and Jo Byrns 14-0 and those have been their solid wins.

These teams played last year and Livingston Academy walked away with a 34-6 win. But I think that both teams went opposite directions and may be a bit closer this season.

Livingston Academy 28

Westmoreland 14

18 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Both teams come into this game and look to get a good win as they come down the final stretch.

Livingston Academy is 4-3 with losses to some very good opponents in 6A Cookeville, Upperman and Stone Memorial. Cookeville is gonna be a playoff team in 6A and Upperman/Stone Memorial are both top 10 teams in 3A. But the wins aren't too great on paper. I would say that Smith County is an opponent that is comparable to Westmoreland and LA beat them 24-14.

Westmoreland is 5-2 and similar to Livingston Academy has lost to very good opponents and beat lesser competition. They lost by a combined score of 0-79 to Trousdale and Watertown. They beat Clarksville Academy 12-10 and Jo Byrns 14-0 and those have been their solid wins.

These teams played last year and Livingston Academy walked away with a 34-6 win. But I think that both teams went opposite directions and may be a bit closer this season.

Livingston Academy 28

Westmoreland 14

We traveled there last year and i'll say this... they had more players on there team then any team we faced last year, they were big and they were physical.... I think it comes down to our line... We have two backs that will run the ball well, and hard but it's all most impossible when your line comes off the ball with one little shove and then looks to see what our backs are doing!! Our line has to step up that's all there is to it!!! Also our secondary seems as if they don't want to come up and hit anybody..... that's got to change. I know Coach Perry is a good Coach, he's proved that with his success in Georgia, he will get us fixed! No score prediction but hoping for an Eagle victory!

On 10/1/2018 at 9:46 AM, JacketNationFan1 said:

Just think Westy has struggled with teams that can take Sloan out of the game, if LA does that, they win, it's that simple unfortunately. LA wins in a physical football game 28-7 

Couldn't find much film on LA.... From the 5 or 6 play's I got to see they don't look like the same team from last year. Smaller and a little more slow paced.... Haven't seen enough to really make a prediction still but I think we have a chance. Also 3 of the play's I seen was screen passes... our LB's will take care of that pretty quickly.

14 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

Any idea why such a good coach would leave Georgia to come to TN?

This is his hometown. A LOT of family here, always has. He also has 4 kids that maybe he wanted to graduate from Westmoreland, don't know that for sure but I think family had a lot to do with his decision.

On 10/3/2018 at 6:20 AM, GBO52 said:

Couldn't find much film on LA.... From the 5 or 6 play's I got to see they don't look like the same team from last year. Smaller and a little more slow paced.... Haven't seen enough to really make a prediction still but I think we have a chance. Also 3 of the play's I seen was screen passes... our LB's will take care of that pretty quickly.

They are smaller and do not play real fast football but they hardly ever run the screen they like to throw downfield. 

the quarterback is really good just needs to learn to check down throw to more then one Receiver 

good game going to say LA 24 W 10

14 hours ago, jimb1972 said:

Where's Postman and all 2 of the Motown faithful?

I try to stay off of it on the weekends lol...... OleHogHead was right... they throw down field a lot and our secondary is terrible, didn't help that one of the better ones of the secondary was ejected early on..... we moved the ball down there throat but fumbles killed us. We dominated them when they ran the ball but the QB was a good player and they threw on us at will... Not a single rushing TD on us I don't believe all in the air